Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Out of the two main candidates for President of the United States, who would you prefer to win?  (Voting closed: November 09, 2012, 06:34:23 AM)
Barack Obama - 17 (73.9%)
Mitt Romney - 6 (26.1%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE PRESIDENTIAL POLL: Who would bitcoiners elect?  (Read 1071 times)
BlackHeartFund (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 06:34:23 AM

Very curious to see who this community would elect.

I'm not including third party candidates in this poll... I know most of us prefer them by a wide margin to the two corporate candidates, but in this election, only one of two men has a chance at becoming President in 2013.

The question is, "Out of the two main candidates for President of the United States, who would you prefer to win."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 06:52:15 AM

Gary Johnson. The other two don't even have a chance, at least among Bitcoiners.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103079.0

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:26:42 AM

Read my post! I know we all support libertarian and/or anarchist candidates! I'm talking about the choice that actually exists for President next week, between the two stooges.
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:48:00 AM

That's not the question in this thread. There are two options here... the two that exist in real life. One of these two men will install the government that rules that world for the next 4 years... third party candidates are great but they will not form they next government.

Do you think there is absolutely zero difference between the two? Perhaps I should have included that option. However it seems that the supreme court nominees alone would be enough of a reason to chose one over the other. If they are exactly the same on everything else they are certainly polar opposites on providing women the right to choose an abortion... and issue on which there are few agnostics.

The question is, column A, or column B. Don't protest in this thread... we're all on your side!

The real choice though, is between these two men. Hold your nose and vote.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 08:05:44 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 08:18:11 AM by mufa23

Understood. How about adding some sort of no vote option. You asked "who would you prefer to win?", and quite frankly, neither. I dislike both of them equally. I'm sure at least someone else feels the same way. I think a "Don't care / No vote" option would be a good idea.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 12:57:01 PM

This is why I don't vote.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:20:27 PM

This is why I don't vote.

I'm just like that with the UK elections? You are really going to make me choose between two morons? Fuck you! Smiley
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:28:02 PM

Political compass has analyzed the candidates based on their real platforms and policy histories, and their analysis shows that if you like right wing authoritarian leaders, you can't help but win in this election, you've got two of a kind. Chances are most are baffled by the church, abortion, health care, and gun talking points to see the election is really about more of the same (except with magic underwear):

If you want the gubment off yer land and not taking your guns, who'd have thought Jill Stein is your best bet? Nobody even covered when she was arrested at the debates by the Secret Service (btw, Our President's police), much like how Ron Paul was not to be spoken of on TV news.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:36:27 PM

If you want the gubment off yer land and not taking your guns, who'd have thought Jill Stein is your best bet?

Yeah, but then there'd be regulations about how many farts your cow could let loose.

When it comes down to it, all the elections do is ask the question, "Which aspect of your life would you like to see the government gain more control over?"

If "none of the above" were on the ballot, there'd hardly be any votes for anything else.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: