Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protection For Buying Bitcoins Through Payapal  (Read 792 times)
AlexMercer007 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 01:47:12 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 02:32:35 PM by AlexMercer007

Is there a thrid party site that gives protection when buying btc using paypal? I've checked Escrow but it seems according to their rules both buyer and the seller must be US residents and the transaction must be in USD. Is there any other sites similar that gives protection to non-US residents?

Edit:- I'm about to buy some btc from a random guy, i don't know him personally but he has some good history on btc transactions through paypal. He asks me to send him the money first then he'll send the btc. But if he is a scammer how can I get my money back on paypal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diodio1

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:06:07 PM

Is there a thrid party site that gives protection when buying btc using paypal? I've checked Escrow but it seems according to their rules both buyer and the seller must be US residents and the transaction must be in USD. Is there any other sites similar that gives protection to non-US residents?
If you buy btc using paypal, you have no risk at all. Just make sure use escrow or send the paypal after receiving the btc. Paypal is available nearly all around the world. USD is commonly used currency in paypal. No matter which country you are from, you can receive USD, Euro, or many other supported currencies in you paypal balance. Paypal is reversible payment method, even with escrow, no matter you are us or non-us residents. Chargeback is for buyer protection adopted by paypal. Nowadays it has been misused by paypal senders. I don't think there is any sites which is able to give protections for btc and paypal trade.

BurHan Alassad
Norther front commander for web security in Syrian Electronic ARMY.
Bifta

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:05:09 AM

With Paypal, you can chargeback so if the other person runs with the money, you can always contact Paypal and initiate a dispute. However, to save you the hassle of doing that, you can contact an escrow on this forum and they will typically help and escrow the transaction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:12:26 AM

i could try localbitcoin, they seems to offer all kind of protection, paypal included, but i would do it with a experienced guy only
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:03:45 AM

No protection whatsoever for the buyer or the seller. Only protection is if you receive your bitcoins first and then you send money since Bitcoin is irreversible, then you can't get screwed. Even if you send PayPal first in some instances you won't be able to chargeback if the coins are not sent. There are ways to empty your PayPal right away.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:14:21 PM

Can we have a Paypal sticky somewhere?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 03:01:49 PM

Can we have a Paypal sticky somewhere?

Well there is one in a currency exchange thread! But yes, maybe we should have the same one in this thread as well. After all, this is a trading thread.

Something for the mods to think about definitely!
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:08:46 AM

Edit:- I'm about to buy some btc from a random guy, i don't know him personally but he has some good history on btc transactions through paypal. He asks me to send him the money first then he'll send the btc. But if he is a scammer how can I get my money back on paypal?

With Paypal you can chargeback by opening dispute against the paypal account of the bitcoin's seller if he don't send you the bitcoins. So it's risky for him and can easily lose this amount ..You have to take care exchanging btc for paypal is risky trade as known
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: