Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is blockchain.info still good to go?  (Read 1666 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:42:39 PM

This website is still my favorite when it comes to checking out if a transaction went thought or not simply because im used to the layout and find the colors nice and it's understandable. Can you still trust that the info shown here is up to date? because I remember some problems happened with this website in the pass.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:46:17 PM

This website is still my favorite when it comes to checking out if a transaction went thought or not simply because im used to the layout and find the colors nice and it's understandable. Can you still trust that the info shown here is up to date? because I remember some problems happened with this website in the pass.

I never use any other sevice like blockchain.info . I started bitcoin with it and probably end in there, it's where I am comfortable and the design is newb friendly. I must say that tho the site has been buggy, indeed it still provides the service that it has to. Yes I still trust in the details in there.

EDIT: I'm using blockchain.info services but I'm not using their wallet Grin
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:47:08 PM

It has had problems from time to time, but it's still good to go now as far as I know. There have been periods when nobody could log in, and there was a coding mistake that made it insecure for a brief time. Those problems have been fixed and I don't know of any new ones. Nevertheless I wouldn't trust any online wallet with large amounts of Bitcoins.
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:51:30 PM

Since the official page here https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Has removed the blockchain.info wallet if i were you I would not continue using them.
You have many good other choices, if you like web wallets then i would suggest to move to coinbase.
They don't provide private keys but you can sign bitcoin messages and they cover the transaction fees.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:53:27 PM

Stay away from it. Seriously.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 3451

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:54:47 PM

I've been using their wallet and other services offered by them since the start and sure there was the moments that it was a real pain but the developers and coders fix it and couldn't be much happier until now although I don't put large amounts of fractions of bitcoin in it as it's online and as soon as I get a large amount, I transfer it right away to my bank account just for the sake of being more secured

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:09:32 PM

If you only want a reliable block explorer you could use https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC or also use blockchain.info and cross reference the results of both explorers to assure the information they provide is reliable. I prefer the look and feel of blockchain.info but blocktrail is a perfectly good alternative, even if it's not as aesthetically pleasing.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:15:37 PM

Has removed the blockchain.info wallet if i were you I would not continue using them.
You have many good other choices, if you like web wallets then i would suggest to move to coinbase.
They don't provide private keys but you can sign bitcoin messages and they cover the transaction fees.

Last time I checked it, blockchain.info was there.. I didn't notice this till now but what is the reason for being removed?

Return to OP: i still think blockchain.info is the best but sometimes when there is an attack and I got errors then i use an alternative service like blocktrail.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:17:10 PM

Nope just don't use it for anything either as a wallet or as a block explorer. If you want an alternative for block-explorer use blocktrail or blockr(multiple crypto-currency support) , and for wallet use electrum it doesn't require you to download the whole blockchain.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:43:48 PM

I don't know, I am used to their block explorer. Even today, first I go there and then if I see that something makes no sense, I cross check with other explorers.

Of course, I am talking about block explorer. Their wallet is terrible and I advise people in all thread not to use it.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:10:47 PM

Why would you say that? It's a pretty great block explorer, except their wallet service seems to have a few complaints against them. I'm not quite sure about the issues mentioned in the OP, but all of the transactions seem to be pretty accurate so far.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:13:58 PM

Why would you say that? It's a pretty great block explorer, except their wallet service seems to have a few complaints against them. I'm not quite sure about the issues mentioned in the OP, but all of the transactions seem to be pretty accurate so far.
A google search and some actual encounters to some of the bugs/errors can change your view on that: https://www.google.sk/search?q=blockchain.info+problems&oq=blockchain.info+problems&aqs=chrome..69i57.8773j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:20:03 PM

blockchain.info is good to go, they are improving the site in a good way.
i have my trust in them
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:37:25 PM

Last time I checked it, blockchain.info was there.. I didn't notice this till now but what is the reason for being removed?

Return to OP: i still think blockchain.info is the best but sometimes when there is an attack and I got errors then i use an alternative service like blocktrail.

News article with some more details on the removal:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/the-blockchain-wallet-should-you-stay-or-should-you-go/27223
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:04:21 AM

News article with some more details on the removal:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/the-blockchain-wallet-should-you-stay-or-should-you-go/27223
Clear... Thanks for the answer.
Hope blockchain.info recover from this situation, i really like that service  Undecided

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:07:56 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 10:05:33 PM by OROBTC

blockchain.info is good to go, they are improving the site in a good way.
i have my trust in them

^^^ I would go with this. ^^^

I had a few issues with blockchain.info's wallet maybe a bit over a year ago, but they were settled with their staff fairly quickly and completely.  The site seems to have improved.  The convenience is excellent.

Nonetheless I only keep small sums there at blockchain.info.  Larger amounts in my hardware wallets.

EDIT: See my post (next page), I withdraw my blockchain.info endorsement...
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:26:41 AM

I think blockchain.info is still good. Blockexplorer is still good most of the time, as with other blockexplorers. You shouldn't trust any one explorer anyway. I still have my mobile wallet on there and I think it's solid if you keep your computer free from malware.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:45:41 AM

For me its a no. Blockchain.info has proved to be incompetent when it comes to security. Heck, they didn't even test the script before pushing out an update. Even though it is fixed, there is still a risk of them repeating it again. You should go with wallets like greenaddress.it.

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:11:51 AM

Their explorer is too much problem even their wallet too. but recently I used their block explorer is not have issue yet. the important thing is stay away from their wallet. better to choose other.

You can use blocktrail.com block explorer.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 05:56:37 AM

there are much better alternatives.

I'd recommend to use electrum or ninkip2p (great mobile app)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: