Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getgems is getting 1650 iOS downloads a week at the moment.  (Read 1321 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:06:15 PM

Like I said I was surprised at how many it was getting. Android wise its been a little lacklustre for some reason. But with these kind of numbers growing even though there has been zero marketing or airdrop to me tells me the app is going to be a massive success.

Just say it kept this up and calc very conservatively even though numbers tend to snowball. We would have at minimum 50,000 downloads in around 6 months, probably a lot more...and that just the iOS. So I see critical mass happening for the app that can tip it into 100,000....500,000 and then 1m then skies the limit territory.

Plus they are about to win 250,000-1,000,000 dollars in prize money that will be a great war chest for marketing and development. I started to lose faith but Im confident this app is on track to be massive now. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:31:41 PM

that's good.  What date is the winner announced?
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:32:40 PM

What I find amazing with that competition is there were 11,000 registrations. Just think about that for a moment, its crazy, you just cant FUD a coin that achieves that.

Plus good or bad these are establishment players, looking at what Getgems will get apart from money is gonna open doors and media for sure and have some real money players probably try to get in on it.

http://www.43north.org/about-43north

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:35:17 PM

This thursday, but to be honest they already have won in my opinion, and will get 250,000 dollars even if they aren't in top 3. Any group that can throw 5million dollars around as prizes must be quite powerful. I'm actually more excited about the news articles that will get written based on the fact it was a finalist....and a win definitely will make it high profile, Bloomberg, CNBC level even.
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:38:48 PM

This thursday, but to be honest they already have won in my opinion, and will get 250,000 dollars even if they aren't in top 3. Any group that can throw 5million dollars around as prizes must be quite powerful. I'm actually more excited about the news articles that will get written based on the fact it was a finalist....and a win definitely will make it high profile, Bloomberg, CNBC level even.

thanks, let's hope it wins Smiley
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:42:32 PM

im more excited about the downloads honestly. 1600 a week is awesome.....I followed a lot of chat apps and 90% don't get past 50,000. Seems like Getgems will quite easily at this rate and then I see it like snowball gathering speed as it rolls down hill.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:11:44 PM

We will award one $1 million grand prize, six $500,000 prizes and four $250,000 prizes. Winners also receive mentorship, tons of marketing exposure and access to START-UP NY, which offers freedom from state taxes for 10 years. We offer our winning teams space in our incubator, which is located in the heart of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. We colocate with Z80 Labs, an internet startup incubator, and are adjacent to the dig coworking space, creating an entrepreneurial cluster.

So basically they already won $250k? If they win they'll get huge exposure and pretty much made it to the big boys world. If they don't win i still think they'll get some degree of assistance/advice or further exposure or parthnerships.

Check the link they get all this stuff on top of the money, the incubator and mentoring is gonna open doors for sure. There are actually x5 $500,000 prizes so fingers crossed they have a 50/50 chance of that.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:14:18 AM

Wake me when Getdoges comes out.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:48:24 PM

Dogecoin, the comedy coin that has stretched one joke to the point its one atom thin.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:59:06 PM

Dogecoin, the comedy coin that has stretched one joke to the point its one atom thin.

gg is doing things accordingly where dogecoin failed, a huge difference in proffessionalism and engagement with real world users, they even asked for a getgems feature https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/3f13jt/can_we_have_something_like_this_for_group/
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Ehhh it's not like Gems isn't playing off the cutesy factor either in their promo video with little cartoon characters of Batman, Kanye West and Jesus (which i might suggest they remove Batman real quick before DC files a lawsuit).
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:07:41 PM

gg is doing things accordingly where dogecoin failed

No, it is not.  This entire thread is a giant pump scam.  GetGems is just some Telegram fork and ANY coin on the planet can already do this:

http://michaelbumann.com/post/131753113277/sending-bitcoin-to-a-kenyan-mobile-money-account

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:11:07 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 07:57:50 PM by reRaise

No, it is not.  This entire thread is a giant pump scam.  GetGems is just some Telegram fork and ANY coin on the planet can already do this:

http://michaelbumann.com/post/131753113277/sending-bitcoin-to-a-kenyan-mobile-money-account

I would have said the same crap if i wouldnt had any gemz, gg offers much more than telegram and much more than just transferring bitcoin like the link you gave educate yourself. gg is focussed on real world mainstream social media users and not just crypto users.

A gemz price rise is backed by real world achievements and not some alt coin you're probably holding that nobody outside crypto ever going to use anyway. It centainly doesn't need a topic in this section for that and 99% of it's community never visits this place. You're a trader and this forum is full of traders, the rules here is if you don't hold a coin, u're going to talk shit, end of story.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:32:09 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 07:59:27 PM by nextgencoin

You know none of what concerns you matters. I personally believe much of getgems is highly innovative but even so the whole point is about getting bitcoin into the mainstream by a backdoor. The fact is no bitcoin app will get the mainstream to download in the millions, this is a way to tap into the popularity of messaging and social media to educate a whole new generation by stealth.  The fact is if this app gets users then its simple supply and demand and all sign are pointing to the likelyhood we are going to get the chat app numbers that many chat apps do....I'm talking a million plus.

So when you get that Bitcoin only has a few million users then you don't need to be a math genius to work it out. And no this is not a pump its actually believe it or not a combination of being evangelical about good news in Crypto and the fact I have betted heavily on its success but just as much to give others a chance to ride the wave up in the crypto community....my point is this rocket is going to leave earth with or without you. Sadly most will be trying to debunk what I'm saying rather than getting a head start on the mainstream.....but hey you can lead a donkey to water but you can't make it drink.

Sadly the more I try to help the more its deemed suspicious. Do we really have a crypto community on the same side or do we just have a bunch suspicious scam artists with knives at each others necks? Don't reply I think I know the answer...

I'll leave you with this question.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobisocial.omlet&hl=en

You see there are tons of messenger apps that I bet most have never even heard of but they still get 1-10m users, (most take a few years to mature and get these numbers).....So when you combine those kind of numbers with a finite amount of coins then guess what happens?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:39:10 PM

What I find amazing with that competition is there were 11,000 registrations. Just think about that for a moment, its crazy, you just cant FUD a coin that achieves that.

Plus good or bad these are establishment players, looking at what Getgems will get apart from money is gonna open doors and media for sure and have some real money players probably try to get in on it.

yeah you can.. 8,000+ coins .
get it yet ?
tell me what does FUD stand for ?
You don't think it's appropriate taking in the context of things ?

delusional much ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:33:38 PM

get it yet ?

delusional much ?

I'm sorry I don't speak Monkey.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:47:18 AM

get it yet ?

delusional much ?

I'm sorry I don't speak Monkey.

Congrats on being the 10,000 Bitcointalk Veteran forum member to respond to my comment with nothing but a childish insult.
For the grand prize drawing you can address the specific point i made by calling me a Potato or other vegetable.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:40:10 PM

Seriously I don't even understand what you are trying to say.....at all. Its your English that is bizarre and incomprehensible, blame yourself not others.

My guess is what you are saying is childish though...
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:40:40 PM

Seriously I don't even understand what you are trying to say.....at all. Its your English that is bizarre and incomprehensible, blame yourself not others.

topic = advertising
understand that ?
first time about this ? nope you have posted this before..
we all heard it before

and you can play dumb all you want but the general public will see one thing.
i brought up a specific point and 2x now you dodged it with an insulting response.

was there some reason to make another topic about the grand glorious GetGems wallet ?
what was wrong with the last one ?

by the way that name "GetGems" is dumb and childish  Roll Eyes

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:07:27 PM

topic = advertising
understand that ?
first time about this ? nope you have posted this before..
we all heard it before

and you can play dumb all you want but the general public will see one thing.
i brought up a specific point and 2x now you dodged it with an insulting response.

was there some reason to make another topic about the grand glorious GetGems wallet ?
what was wrong with the last one ?

by the way that name "GetGems" is dumb and childish  Roll Eyes

I stated my point clearly why I posted and its in the title. Beyond that I really don't understand or care to understand your point....if you even have one.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: