Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Share your experience about how you started earning BitCoins.  (Read 2185 times)
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

I think it would be helpful to newbies like me if you guys share your personal experiences of how you get BitCoins. Is that by mining, or freelancing, or trading? Whatever it be, just share ur experience with us. Cheesy

I started by CPU-mining on my VPS. Without really knowing what I was doing, I managed to solve a block and score BTC50. After sitting on it a while, I reinvested it in a Radeon HD 7750 (which makes about BTC1 every three weeks) and a couple of BFL Jalapeños which I'm obviously still waiting on.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SRG

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 08:32:23 PM

While I have spent the last month constantly hitting nice faucet sites like dailybitcoins, bitvisitor, and coinad, half of my BTC has come from generous folks on this forum.  So to those of you who donate to the faucets and run silly/fun contests on this board - THANK YOU!

I was going to invest my BTC on GLBSE but obviously that got shot all to hell.  I'm now trying to figure out if I should just bet it all on one roll of Satoshi Dice.
TimXCampbell

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 09:38:34 PM

Strictly speaking, I'm not yet using BitCoin. I've got a slow computer and a so-so internet connection and I've been doing the first sync for about three years. Well, I exaggerate. But it has been sync'ing up for the past 18 hours. I have to wonder what sync'ing will be like a year from now.

Anyway, I started all this because I'm fascinated by the whole idea of virtual communities, having created or facilitated a few in my time (when I was much younger).

In addition, I have in the past few years become interested in the sheer weirdness of money.

Finally, exploring is one of my favorite things to do. It's, like, my fifth favorite thing in the world. I've got lots of things to explore in the Bitcoin realm. If I wasn't exploring this I'd have to explore something else, like WoW! This is cheaper. Well, so far it's cheaper. We'll see.

Hmm, I just added the word Bitcoin to my online spell-check dictionary. I guess that means I'm officially in it now.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 11:46:07 PM

Seals has a freeroll poker tournament every hour with 0.05BTC prize and a weekly freeroll on Wednesday at 10:30pm with 5BTC in prizes. Absolutely free to enter.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
securo

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 11:50:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I really amazed to hear many of you have found your own ways to mange to make some bitcoins.

I think it would be helpful to newbies like me if you guys share your personal experiences of how you get BitCoins. Is that by mining, or freelancing, or trading? Whatever it be, just share ur experience with us. Cheesy

I made the math and invested in a cool new GPU I never would have bought otherwise.
It paid off eventually Smiley

And it is worth it to go in on one of those Butterfly Labs devices with an associate or two who may have more expertise in the way of those characteristics that would be most applicable to mining; i.e., a lot of computer knowledge, etc.? I've been told elsewhere not to get involved with mining, but it sounds like fun, even as a part-time pursuit.

If the ASICS of Butterfly labs and the others will materialize is still unknown. As you see from my sig, I have made a bet on it, but I would not recommend it, yet.
However, you are definitely right on the fun part of the equation;)

My tipping jar; 197hyQxciZ9r7qj5CBsMvtNpqsRyM5NxuC
SaintDevil

Activity: 126

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

I mine them  Grin
And occasionally sell things for bitcoins.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Nezin

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 12:10:57 AM

A bit here and there; some by mining, some by trading.
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:55:07 AM

@SaintDevil
Nice lips  Wink
kevinpaladin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 07:21:07 AM

Wow! Its really nice to know about the different ways u use to make BTCs.

I started by CPU-mining on my VPS. Without really knowing what I was doing, I managed to solve a block and score BTC50. After sitting on it a while, I reinvested it in a Radeon HD 7750 (which makes about BTC1 every three weeks) and a couple of BFL Jalapeños which I'm obviously still waiting on.

BTC50 using VPS?? That's cool! Cool How long did it take to generate one block?

@SaintDevil
Nice lips  Wink

Shut up! Don't make stupid replies anymore in this thread!
kevinpaladin (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 01:17:28 PM

@SaintDevil
Nice lips  Wink
You registered here only 1 day ago and you already feel obliged to put other members in their place?

Well, 3 years old HeroMember! You've been here for a long time and u never took time to read the forum's guidelines. None of your replies seem related to the post's title!

Don't expect anymore replies from me; u've been ignored by me.
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 01:39:37 PM

@SaintDevil
Nice lips  Wink
You registered here only 1 day ago and you already feel obliged to put other members in their place?
You're adding irrelevant information to this thread. You are also giving women a good reason to stay far, far away from Bitcoin. Your post has nothing to do with the thread. You are thus far useless, please leave. kthx

oh, and I started mining in mid 2010 using the 'reference' satoshi client v0.3 using an i7-920, 'ya know, back when the client itself had a Generate Coins button...
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 09:56:54 PM

I started by CPU-mining on my VPS. Without really knowing what I was doing, I managed to solve a block and score BTC50.

BTC50 using VPS?? That's cool! Cool How long did it take to generate one block?

Probably several months, at least...think it happened in May 2011. It's most likely not feasible today, as you won't see much more than 10-15 MH/s from it, depending on what your VPS uses (mine have given me 4-8 Xeon or Opteron cores). The only point in its favor now is that if you already have a VPS for other purposes, mining on it won't cost you anything extra.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
alien193

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 12:11:22 AM

I only have .0004 at the moment  Undecided
I got my first BTCs from faucet sites and mining, and then lost some in SatoshiDice, but it was fun anyway Wink
ecoexperiment

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:52:51 AM

Seals has a freeroll poker tournament every hour with 0.05BTC prize and a weekly freeroll on Wednesday at 10:30pm with 5BTC in prizes. Absolutely free to enter.

Are you sure about that Wednesday game I don't see it on the tournament list.  The freeroll is like the wild west!
NoL1m1tZ

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 09:00:13 AM

I just recently got my first computer and I have been mining on my 7770, obviously not that productive, but its better than nothing.
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 10:58:14 AM

I started from some free bitcoin websites and earned 0.234567.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 12:24:46 PM

I started from some free bitcoin websites and earned 0.234567.

Have you seen Rugatu yet?  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: