Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does your heart sink when the price rises?  (Read 2500 times)
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:18:31 AM

It is interesting that so many people here talk about buying bitcoin and holding it for next 5, 10, 20 years, as they expect the price will be much higher by then.

At the same time, I am guessing most of them would say that bitcoin is a currency rather than an asset.
Yet the thinking seems to be to treat it more like an asset (like gold), then a currency.
It's not often we hear people saying they are going to buy US dollar, or Indian Rupee of Chinese Yuan and hold it for next 10 years, because they think its value will appreciate.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:00:27 AM

It is interesting that so many people here talk about buying bitcoin and holding it for next 5, 10, 20 years, as they expect the price will be much higher by then.

At the same time, I am guessing most of them would say that bitcoin is a currency rather than an asset.
Yet the thinking seems to be to treat it more like an asset (like gold), then a currency.
It's not often we hear people saying they are going to buy US dollar, or Indian Rupee of Chinese Yuan and hold it for next 10 years, because they think its value will appreciate.

AHEM.. 10 Year $US Government Bonds are what now exactly??

The next 24 hours are critical!
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:17:20 AM

AHEM.. 10 Year $US Government Bonds are what now exactly??

Government bonds are certainly an asset class.

The interest on government bonds issued by the countries with the top rating is actually quite low these days (in some cases even negative) and I think people invest in these bonds for security they offer, rather than for the profit opportunities.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:23:08 AM

Point taken!

Bonds not equal to currencies. 

The next 24 hours are critical!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: