Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I really hate SomethingAwful  (Read 16963 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:59:09 PM

Just to clarify, Dank Bank does not operate like a ponzi.  I use each investment for whatever I feel is best, enough to make a profit at the end of their investment term.

Crtisizm is one thing, criticizing people is another.  Not that I care a bit what Monster thinks, but I'm not going to listen to someone who firmly believes I'm incompetent at everything and my best bet in life would be to join the military.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not going to take advice from someone who thinks helping kill people is a more suitable career over starting a hookah bar.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 09:18:23 PM

There are a lot of people out there who are more than capable of making judgements for themselves about which investments are a stupid idea or not, usually the people who fall for these cons are relatively small in number but they noise they make about it make it seem like it's a huge deal, if you ever want to know how to deal with scams etc. you should probably play EVE Online for a bit, it will take you ten minutes looking at the market places etc. carefully to realise who are the scammers and who are the honest traders.

Then you get to the point where you have an anthropomorphic fox with a huge erection on your coffee table and when someone says, "Ew gross!" they scream that they're being persecuted because someone rightfully made fun of them.

Well with the it's 'wrong' to have that sort of fetish situation there are people who argue that it's morally wrong to be gay yet there are people out there who think it's perfectly normal and that number is growing, seriously why don't you go and read back your post? You just claimed it's somehow right to go ahead and make fun of people yet you wonder why people get so pissed off about it? As far as I'm concerned as long as they aren't hurting anybody they have every right to do what they want, if you find it abnormal then don't bother them, it is actually pretty simple to deal with, no one is exactly forcing you to deal with this yet you've decided to come on this thread specifically to have a bitch fest about it and target the people you don't like.

Also putting faith in the opinion of people who majored in finance, who are bankers and brokers is the most laughable thing I've ever heard of since a lot of them will almost certainly be Neo-Keynesians and Keynesian economics seems to me to be more of a religion than anything involving logic, mathematics or even common sense so I'm afraid you're going to get mocked for that one.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 10:44:45 PM

All the talk... please, I'd finally want to see a picture of said coffee table.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 10:47:22 PM

lmao ElectricMucus Cheesy
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:30:23 PM

https://i.imgur.com/UQqrY.jpg

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 11:36:07 PM

thanks but,
I expected something which might be considered cute, disappointed. That's just creepy.
Snaer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:37:11 PM

Also putting faith in the opinion of people who majored in finance, who are bankers and brokers is the most laughable thing I've ever heard of since a lot of them will almost certainly be Neo-Keynesians and Keynesian economics seems to me to be more of a religion than anything involving logic, mathematics or even common sense so I'm afraid you're going to get mocked for that one.

Hon, this right here is what's wrong with the majority of the BitCoin community. They think they know better than the professionals. They don't. This is exactly why all the BitCoin exchanges fail. This is why people get sucked into so many scams. The lay-man really doesn't know best. BitCoinTalk is an absolute textbook example of the Dunning-Kreuger effect.

-Zoey
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 12:11:28 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2012, 03:17:32 AM by repentance

thanks but,
I expected something which might be considered cute, disappointed. That's just creepy.

I'm curious about why you find the image "creepy".  I don't find the image appealing at all, but I don't find it intrinsically creepy either.  There's a fair bit of more conventional art around which is disturbing but which doesn't ping people's "creepy" meter either (in fact there's quite a few disturbing images that I'd regard as good art and be happy to display).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 12:19:55 AM

thanks but,

I'm curious about why you find the image "creepy".  I don't find the image appealing at all, but I don't find it intrinsically creepy either.  There's a fair bit of more conventional art around which is disturbing but which doesn't ping people's "creepy" meter either (in fact there's quite a few disturbing images that I'd regard as good art and be happy display).

Maybe something about it's dimensions, and if the same thing would be something hanging on the wall I'd be less concerned.
I mean there is enough space on it for a person to lay down on it...
Then when you say coffee table I expected something small, maybe round with maybe enough space for two or thee persons to sit at.
Snaer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 12:27:49 AM

thanks but,

I'm curious about why you find the image "creepy".  I don't find the image appealing at all, but I don't find it intrinsically creepy either.  There's a fair bit of more conventional art around which is disturbing but which doesn't ping people's "creepy" meter either (in fact there's quite a few disturbing images that I'd regard as good art and be happy display).

Because you just *know* he's masturbated to it. I imagine that table would glow like New York City at night if you hit it with a black light.

-Zoey
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 02:42:36 AM

thanks but,

I'm curious about why you find the image "creepy".  I don't find the image appealing at all, but I don't find it intrinsically creepy either.  There's a fair bit of more conventional art around which is disturbing but which doesn't ping people's "creepy" meter either (in fact there's quite a few disturbing images that I'd regard as good art and be happy display).

Maybe something about it's dimensions, and if the same thing would be something hanging on the wall I'd be less concerned.
I mean there is enough space on it for a person to lay down on it...
Then when you say coffee table I expected something small, maybe round with maybe enough space for two or thee persons to sit at.

Well, that's about what I expected when I read "coffee table," but yeah. Good artwork, but I'd say either it needs to be displayed in a more appropriate place, or he should not be so "proud."  Pants would be nice. I wouldn't call it "creepy," but as I said before, not my style. That said, not my house, not my say. Enjoy, Rassah... at least you always remember where you put the remote.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 08:39:05 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2012, 09:11:55 AM by Lethn

Hon, this right here is what's wrong with the majority of the BitCoin community. They think they know better than the professionals. They don't. This is exactly why all the BitCoin exchanges fail. This is why people get sucked into so many scams. The lay-man really doesn't know best. BitCoinTalk is an absolute textbook example of the Dunning-Kreuger effect.

-Zoey

I haven't fallen for scams so I think I do know better than these professionals  Roll Eyes yes, Bitcoin exchanges fail, yes, there are ponzi and investment schemes, however that isn't to do with Bitcoin, that's just humanity at work, you think you don't have to deal with scam artists in other currencies? Of course you do in fact some of these people you lot seem to blindly put your faith in have been involved in some scams bigger than anything people in the Bitcoin community have come up with so far and they've been at it for longer.

The problem here is not that you're criticizing Bitcoin but its the way that the problems you're all describing have nothing to do with the currency itself but the people and that's a fact, you lot need to learn how to take criticism yourself really, if scams are all that Bitcoin critics can come up with as a problem with the currency then it's probably going to do pretty damn well compared to all the other fiat currencies.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:14:08 AM

With due respect, there were plenty of people saying the opposite - that, yes, shoe seems pretty messed up and none of the players in the drama are particularly likeable but no matter what she did not deserve those beatings.
At which point the thread turned into a massive flamewar and got locked, yeah. Still, SA has improved a lot over the years. Notice all the (:regd04:) people complaining about how they can't even mock furries anymore and how the forum's gone downhill? From what I can remember they're not kidding about how things used to be.

In fact, as best as I can tell this new community divide is the reason they don't have furry threads anymore. The last one I saw on there imploded after some people called gay furries "faggots" and one of the gay forum members objected. He got piled on and someone paid to change his forum title to "I am a faggot" in massive red text. Things went downhill pretty quickly from there. (Interestingly, title changes have to be approved by the admins and the other moderators seemed scared to change it back.) Some people in the first Bitcoin thread seemed to be worried about that turning into a furry thread and getting locked too.

As for the furry issue, I'd have to say I agree with the stance that's its disgusting and everyone involved needs psychological help. In my time on the internet, I've seen a lot of furries equate their fetish with being gay, which... Yeah, just no.
Yeaaaaah... bit more to it than that. A lot (all?) of the anti-furry stuff out there uses language that'd be obviously homophobic in any other context, aims it at a group that is famously largely gay, and justifies this by arguing that they're not really gay, they're just a bunch of fat weirdo freaks who just turn to other guys because no women would sleep with them and who are appropriating gay rights to stop people giving their freaky fetish stuff a well-deserved mocking. (I honestly cannot grasp why anyone would think that argument's a good idea, but people apparently do.) A lot of the supposed examples of furries equating their fetish to being gay actually have more to do with them objecting to that.

In fact, you know the well-known example of furries equating their fetish with being gay, that drawing of a fox crying in front of a rainbow flag? The one that SA has an emoticon of which they use to mock furries? I literally only found this out by accident a few months ago, but it's actually nothing of the sort. It's part of a statement by an actual gay guy who also happens to be a furry about the dire state of gay rights in the US in 2004 and how this affects him; "fursecution" didn't even enter into it until SA went herpderp, furries can't possibly care about gay rights, let's mock him for it.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 02:03:01 PM

herpderp

That actually describes what I see a lot of this hate as Tongue Cheesy
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 02:32:02 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 01:29:53 AM by Fcx35x10

haters gon hate lol. just chill and move to WA or CO
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:37:14 PM

hi
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 10:02:24 PM

As for the furry issue, I'd have to say I agree with the stance that's its disgusting and everyone involved needs psychological help. In my time on the internet, I've seen a lot of furries equate their fetish with being gay, which... Yeah, just no.

Why differentiate between flavors of sexual deviations from the heterosexual "norm"?  Either you are committed to tolerance and accept all sexual preferences of others (barring rape, pedophilia etc.) or you're a hypocrite that just moves the goal posts on tolerance to match societal acceptance.

Logically I understand there is nothing cosmically wrong with being gay (or wanting to have sex with animals or dead bodies or whatever).  I don't oppose their existence or rights.

From my personal and subjective perspective I find it all disgusting to imagine and don't want to be involved with it or watch it or anything else.  This is most likely at least partially due to the environment I grew up in.  Maybe they can't change their desires, much as I can't help being repulsed by it.

I see no logical standing to arbitrarily be accepting of one variation in sexual desires and not another.  The only difference being in cases where one partner is non-consenting.

So if you're not personally inclined to suck a dick or hump a dog why treat one as acceptable and the other as "needing psychological help"?  How do you know that each of those impulses as well as your own aren't derived from the same sources?  We don't fully understand how much of what people feel is nature vs nurture (to the best of my knowledge, links to studies and articles on this matter are welcome), and even if we did, should it really make a difference?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 10:56:33 PM

Why differentiate between flavors of sexual deviations from the heterosexual "norm"?  Either you are committed to tolerance and accept all sexual preferences of others (barring rape, pedophilia etc.) or you're a hypocrite that just moves the goal posts on tolerance to match societal acceptance.

Logically I understand there is nothing cosmically wrong with being gay (or wanting to have sex with animals or dead bodies or whatever).  I don't oppose their existence or rights.

In their defense, most people who consider themselves "furries" don't want to actually have sex with animals. Rather, anthropomorphic animals (like the one in the picture above) get them hot.

Personally, I blame Disney.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:05:47 PM

In their defense, most people who consider themselves "furries" don't want to actually have sex with animals. Rather, anthropomorphic animals (like the one in the picture above) get them hot.

My main point was that it shouldn't matter.  Whether it's sex with animals or sex with cartoon animals or whatever else.  Being intolerant of anything you don't personally understand is logical to a certain point.  You hate what you don't understand, it's ignorant and I don't agree with the standpoint but it makes some kind of sense.  From my perspective furries not wanting to have sex with animals but rather being turned on by cartoon animals is sort of the same difference.  Both motivations seem odd to me, but if I'm willing to accept one I'd have to being willing to accept the other, otherwise risk being a hypocrite.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 11:24:21 PM

My main point was that it shouldn't matter.  Whether it's sex with animals or sex with cartoon animals or whatever else.  Being intolerant of anything you don't personally understand is logical to a certain point.  You hate what you don't understand, it's ignorant and I don't agree with the standpoint but it makes some kind of sense.  From my perspective furries not wanting to have sex with animals but rather being turned on by cartoon animals is sort of the same difference.  Both motivations seem odd to me, but if I'm willing to accept one I'd have to being willing to accept the other, otherwise risk being a hypocrite.

You're right, I was just correcting an informational error. There's morally no difference between homosexuality and being a furry. Anything done between consenting adults (including dressing up as racoons) is fine by me. On the other hand, having sex with animals or corpses... if it can't consent, it's rape.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: