Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I really hate SomethingAwful  (Read 16955 times)
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 04:14:45 AM

The type of thinking that led to arguments made by you and repentance is exactly why it took centuries (Millennia? more?) for acceptance of gays. 

Nope. Lots of cultures have previously accepted gays. (You could even stretch things and call the Egyptians furries.) None have ever been OK with desecrating the dead.

Not to mention that a sexual orientation and a paraphilia are not the same thing.  Perhaps you believe that because gay people were otherised in recent times that they were always persecuted throughout the whole of recorded history.  Historically, such persecution has been episodic and often correlated with times of religious power and oppression of sexuality in general.  The emergence of psychology as a field also created oppressive attitudes towards human sexuality for a very long time, with an increasing focus on "curing" what were regarded as sexual aberrations.  The "diseasing" of homosexuality (a term which was only coined in the late 19th century) helped entrench negative attitudes towards same-sex attraction.  It was no longer regarded as a chosen path but as an illness to be prevented if at all possible (and a lot of negative attitudes towards masturbation stem from the time when psychology believed that "excessive" masturbation would bring out "latent" homosexual tendencies) and to be "cured" if it couldn't be prevented.

We cannot now imagine a return to times when sexuality is oppressed - and yet throughout history that has happened time and time again.

I put ? marks after millenia and more for that reason.  I'm fine accepting centuries here if you think that fits best. 

The best I can tell from an objective standpoint there is no difference between sexual arousal towards opposite sex, same sex or dead bodies other than how commonly they occur (would be interested to hear about scientific awareness that refutes this, labeling something different because it occurs more rarely doesn't count).

Orientation, paraphilia, use whatever terms you want but it doesn't have much bearing on the argument.  Just because DSM-X invents a new word for something doesn't make it something separate in the context of our discussion.

You people are weird  Tongue

Also, extreme homophobes often explain why gays are disgusting by describing the sexual acts they believe gays are into; things like drinking piss, smearing and eating shit, and other EXTREMELY nasty crap that normal gays can't even come up with, let alone find appealing. They find all those sex acts just as nasty.

Interesting comment.  From my perspective sex with men, drinking piss, eating shit are all part of the same "nasty" category.  I'm personally repulsed by the thought of any one of those sufficiently that I couldn't tell you which one I think would be more unpleasant than an another.

My options are:
-Tolerance for people that are drawn to do things I personally and subjectively find nasty, in which case I accept people with the desire for any of the above mentioned behavior.
-Psuedo-tolerance based on a sliding scale of public opinion and commonality.  A stance not ground in objective rational logic but rather some measure of hypocrisy and/or cognitive dissonance.
-Bigotry where I only accept behavior I personally understand and feel comfortable with.

If some homophobe or bigot or whatever wanted to hate gays because he thought they were nasty why would he have to fantasize about other nasty behavior?  Doesn't really make much sense to me.  If he was so extremely homophobic wouldn't the act of sex with another man be nasty enough to fuel his ignorant hate?

If someone wants to eat shit, hump dudes, or have sparing missionary with the opposite sex in their own home that is their business and not the whole measure of the person.  I'd being willing to bet I am friends with at least one person that does something behind closed doors that I would find absolutely disgusting.  As long what they do doesn't negatively affect me I shouldn't really care.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:53:49 PM

The last few comments made me realize something...

Fox News has it all wrong. Black Panthers with a billy club aren't intimidating. If you want elderly white Christians to stay away from voting booths, have men dress up as gay octopuses with dick in hand. Instead of Democrats being "the Black party," now they're the "gay octopus party." I seriously doubt Democrats will see higher voter turnout when members must defend gay octopus voter intimidation. The perfect false flag... - what were we talking about?
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 09:17:24 PM

BTW, a message to SA. All those horse pics and framed images you found? Congrats. They're not mine. The famous table is. All that other stuff isn't. None of my art is framed or on any walls. And I don't even like horses. They're nasty dirty things. So, yay for looking for crap, finding stuff not associated with me, and attempting to use it to discredit me. Not that I care much, but just wanted to let you know you were wrong, and, pitifully, were forced to look at stuff you find repulsive for no reason.
Cary on.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 09:29:15 PM

BTW, a message to SA. All those horse pics and framed images you found? Congrats. They're not mine.
I guess they just like horse pictures?

Not surprised really. People tend to ridicule what they fear to discover (or allow to be discovered) in themselves.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 09:44:38 PM

BTW, a message to SA. All those horse pics and framed images you found? Congrats. They're not mine.

Not surprised really. People tend to ridicule what they fear to discover (or allow to be discovered) in themselves.

I just think it's funny that they went through the trouble of finding something they find uncomfortable, when it's totally unrelated and they really didn't need to put themselves through that.  I wonder if they all look at goatsee pictures every morning just to get themselves pumped up for a day of trolling?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 10:43:15 PM

I just think it's funny that they went through the trouble of finding something they find uncomfortable, when it's totally unrelated and they really didn't need to put themselves through that.  I wonder if they all look at goatsee pictures every morning just to get themselves pumped up for a day of trolling?

"pumped" heh.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 01:22:18 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2012, 01:34:12 PM by JackRabiit

I just think it's funny that they went through the trouble of finding something they find uncomfortable, when it's totally unrelated and they really didn't need to put themselves through that.  
They have as much passion as we do, We go through the waves of Bullshit to defend the look of the 'furry name'
Y'know, we dont HAVE to goto SA and make a defensive statement, But we do because we believe that what we are doing is Right.
They make aggressive statements because they feel that we (as furries) are Wrong for exsisting.

Such a shame about the stupidly simple fact that this argument is So smilliar to the "gay is bad" argument.
They dont like us for exsisting, We dont like them for disliking our exsistance.

Now really, Who wins this fight? Who started it?
IMO, Anti-furs started the flamewar, We didnt push anything onto anyone, We just stand around and defend against your inaccurate, horrific comments that get vollied at us every morning.

What do we do? Resist being stepped on.
What do they do? Verbally assault us.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: