Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum and gonna learn about mining!!  (Read 445 times)
reminesjoseph (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:44:33 PM

Hey everyone,
                 Just joined and am off to a really bad start! Went right to the loan forum and fudged up my trust rating, so Im gonna try to learn about mining, where hopefully I don't get into any trouble LOL. I'm going to look into cheap or free options if they're are any, I tried faucets for a while but it doesn't seem to be worth the time.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:50:14 PM

Mining bitcoin alone in your home isn't profitable unless you have free electricity and a good miner.
Cloud mining can't recommend it - use it @ your own risk.

Take a look on the forums you may find helpful posts

reminesjoseph (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:53:03 PM

Thanks,
           I've browsed the mining forums a little bit and find it kind of hard to understand, but im still going through it trying to pick it up.
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:01:50 AM

For mining you need a miner, about $100 on Ebay. Just pick up a cheap Antminer S3 to start and get your feet wet. Then point it to any pool and you'll make a dollar every few days. Yes, you'll go in the hole in electricity most likely, but you're just learning.

If you just want to learn the technicals of mining you need to read the mining forum's first 2 pages of threads. Start with oldest, work through to newest. You'll be an expert by the time you finish. This is for the tech minded folks.

IF you want to solo mine download "bitcoin core" from bitcoin.org, run it and let it sync with the network for 3 days or so. Make a config file then point your miner at that. You're not as likely to get coins that way quickly (it's like a lottery, think 3 months or more) but when you do you get 25+btc out of the deal.

For a fun solo mining experiment with an S3 check out my 1 year experiment here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132914.180

That should get you started!

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: