Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 03:59:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can 1and1.com sell .com domains for ONLY the $.18 ICANN fee?  (Read 279 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:14:08 AM

http://www.1and1.com/

I'm perplexed! Look forward to reading the replies, for if this is the case, I have several domain names I desire to register at one shot. Sorry, Godaddy.  Cry
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:24:55 AM

Aren't they hiding something to make you pay in full for the second year as well? They can't simply offer .com's for peanuts as they are losing money on it. And we all know businesses are not going to take hits just to please you.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:02:37 PM

Aren't they hiding something to make you pay in full for the second year as well? They can't simply offer .com's for peanuts as they are losing money on it. And we all know businesses are not going to take hits just to please you.

Thanks for the reply, bud. Since the penning of this thread, I've since done some research and discovered past concerns that may or may not be relevant today. They are based out of Germany, thus enabling them to incorp ideals frowned upon here in the States.

I'm happy with Godaddy and see that they're currently offering a $.99 USD domain sale. It may be best to use them for my main domains and Iand1 for locking in domains so to fend off squatters, et al.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: