Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be a Part of a Holocaust Art Project by Sending a Picture of Your Hands  (Read 737 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:19:43 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 01:54:11 PM by FinShaggy

I've been trying to get more people to send in pictures, the goal is to get 6,000,000 hands to represent the holocaust, then put them together in a giant representation of the number of Jewish people killed.

So PLEASE send your own, and your families hands.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1415256965367882/

If you don't use facebook, email them to me @
FinShaggy@Gmail.com

Massage from the artist:

[Received] 262 hands now. If you think of that in terms of lives.....changes things a bit don't you think? If it could be reversed and we could save 262 men, women and children from dying wouldn't you try to push for more if it meant saving those lives? Similar to keeping the memory of them from being forgotten.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:46:38 AM

unrelated to bitcoin....

finshaggy, please ease off of the weed. your brain is meandering through 20 projects a week. atleast try to concentrate on one project that actually uses skills you have and will actually benefit the community.

having 6million pictures of peoples hands? please tell me how you are going to utilise all of these hands to be of benefit to anything.

are they going to be 32x32 pixel images pasted together into a mass blurr of skin colour as a background image of a website?
are they going to be 5inchx7inch photos pasted together to cover the great wall of china?

i know you want to make a name for yourself and you want to do something big. but please once you have an idea.. sketch it out on paper or microsoft word. look at the logistics of how to complete it. what's required, what the end result will be. and how that end result will be used, maintained.

don't get me wrong i do see your passion in trying to do something. but your weed consumption is very notably impeding your ability to get a proper workable project off the ground, and into a functional and finalised state for others to use/experience.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:56:16 AM

unrelated to bitcoin....

That's what the off topic forum is for, duh.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:57:23 AM

having 6million pictures of peoples hands? please tell me how you are going to utilise all of these hands to be of benefit to anything.

This isn't my project, I'm helping an artist that has stuff like this displayed all over dallas. Thanks for being a prick though.

Here's HER (I'm a guy, and live in DENVER not Dallas) official website
http://www.toothpickmoon.com/

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:09:02 AM

http://www.toothpickmoon.com/donations-for-six-million-pod.html
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:11:38 AM

I know I will be crucified for this but please take it as just a joke and nothing serious ;

Should I be washing my hands with a soap while taking the picture?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:30:30 AM

I know I will be crucified for this but please take it as just a joke and nothing serious ;

Should I be washing my hands with a soap while taking the picture?
Actually you'll burn in Hell

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:32:10 AM

Oh come on , what is the point of saying 'this is just a joke dont take it seriously' if you are going to take it seriously Cheesy
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:22:22 PM

Oh come on , what is the point of saying 'this is just a joke dont take it seriously' if you are going to take it seriously Cheesy
lol

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:53:00 PM

Massage from the artist:

[Received] 262 hands now. If you think of that in terms of lives.....changes things a bit don't you think? If it could be reversed and we could save 262 men, women and children from dying wouldn't you try to push for more if it meant saving those lives? Similar to keeping the memory of them from being forgotten.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 01:58:38 PM

Massage from the artist:

I think someone must tell the artist that 262 hands != 262 human lifes

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:00:11 PM

Massage from the artist:

She said similar. So she knows.

BunworthBanshee

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:18:34 PM

Massage from the artist:

I think someone must tell you that 262 hands !=  is only 131 human lives, unless there are a lot of one handed people sending pictures.  Tongue Tongue

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:21:25 PM

Massage from the artist:

I think someone must tell you that 262 hands !=  is only 131 human lives, unless there are a lot of one handed people sending pictures.  Tongue Tongue

That's exactly what I'm saying

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 03:04:08 PM

Lol. I didn't even think about that. Each hand is meant to represent a dead person though. Even though they are asking for 2 hands per person.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: