Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments Seize the Opportunity to Control Bitcoin  (Read 1562 times)
row5_seat47 (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:19:37 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115470/governments-seize-the-opportunity-to-control-bitcoin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 03:12:26 PM

.. These threads being taking out of the spot light is curious.. very curious...

I have warned of this type of take over many many times.  Bitcoin could become the best tool to enslave humanity...
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:41:59 PM

it seems for every good news there must be a bad news, too bad for them we are all not under the same government, so those that are not the USA are free from their rules

i guess many americian can leave that palce if they want, and be free again, to use bitcoin like they want
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

I don't see what so huge here! Governments can pretty much seize anything and everything off of you if the want to and if they have a valid reason according to them.

Has your Fiat money come from illegal activities, they will seize it. Your house, your car? Well they will seize it as well.

I don't know why would they honor Bitcoin a different status. But yes, we can argue that seizing bitcoins might be harder than seizing you money in the bank accounts for the agencies.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:11:09 AM

I don't see what so huge here! Governments can pretty much seize anything and everything off of you if the want to and if they have a valid reason according to them.

Agreed. What's the big deal? This is the nature of the world we live in and coins will not be exempt any more than someone's collection of Orca penises. It sucks the big one but getting riled about it is about as comical as people on here deciding they shouldn't pay tax on them because it's, like, on the internet.

Wake me up when they find a way to intercept transactions on the blockchain itself.
erickimani

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:18:50 AM

It must be giving them a headache knowing that they are not able to control the bitcoin very easily as they would wish. But the government is the government, they will find ways and means to justify themselves and seize any opportunity that they get to control it. They make laws that are intended to be followed by us so we will follow without much fighting. thanks
Barclays

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:48:23 AM

bitcoin is a internet currencies. It is difficult for an individual government to control it. It needs cooperation between governments.
MarkM1887

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:20:28 PM

memorize your private key and dont have a written record of it anywhere then your bitcoins cant be seized ever they cant even prove they are your bitcoins Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: