Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Money Back - If Scammed  (Read 663 times)
AlexMercer007 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 11:52:40 AM

Can I get my money back if I got scammed by someone when buying bitcoins through paypal? Will opening a dispute help? Thanx...
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:56:19 AM

You getting scammed ? Well I take that with a pinch of salt with your *cough* trust rating at 32. You want to know how to do a charge back right ?
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:09:44 PM

You can open a dispute and for more information refer to this guide: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-guide

However, I hope your claim is genuine and you aren't making a false accusation.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:13:10 AM

i doubt he would send them back, , also paypal don't like to deal with bitcoin, so you're chances are very slim here
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:33:48 AM

PayPal doesn't protect against digital goods. Unless you charge back through your credit card company, bank or claim your PayPal account was hacked then there is a very good chance you will not get your money back.

Always use escrow. If they tell you escrow doesn't protect them, then they are well aware of charge backs so how the hell does you sending first prevent one? Don't give these scammers free money for nothing more then wasting your time.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:58:53 AM

PayPal doesn't protect against digital goods. Unless you charge back through your credit card company, bank or claim your PayPal account was hacked then there is a very good chance you will not get your money back.

Always use escrow. If they tell you escrow doesn't protect them, then they are well aware of charge backs so how the hell does you sending first prevent one? Don't give these scammers free money for nothing more then wasting your time.

Anybody that does anything with PayPal is crazy in my opinion and is just looking for trouble. There are so many other payment methods available that are much more secure that I don't see why anyone would mess with PayPal.

Not to mention when you run into trouble and contact PayPal customer service and they just tell you that's against their TOS to trade cryptos and they just close your account.

BS awaiting everywhere when you just even think about connecting PayPal and Bitcoin in your mind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: