Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Soon BTC core will be written and 100% controlled by the Brics or the UN  (Read 1415 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:41:06 AM

Bit overdramatic don't you think? Also, America has no king and will never have one. Monarchies are slowly being replaced by governments.

Maybe it is time to leave the US and go to a better country? Maybe Europe will be attractive to you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:30:48 AM

Bit overdramatic don't you think? Also, America has no king and will never have one. Monarchies are slowly being replaced by governments.

That makes no difference!

Quote from: Mayer Amschel Rothschild
Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!

Your fiat money is issued and controlled by a small group of people.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:57:56 AM

Bit overdramatic don't you think? Also, America has no king and will never have one.

Well if there were ever to be a King of America I'm sure he would suffer the same fate as Louis XVI did after the French Revolution. Americans aren't that apathetic enough to let this happen (yet).
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:47:59 PM

Bit overdramatic don't you think? Also, America has no king and will never have one.

Well if there were ever to be a King of America I'm sure he would suffer the same fate as Louis XVI did after the French Revolution. Americans aren't that apathetic enough to let this happen (yet).

.. I would disagree with this.. 10-20% are heros the rest.. sheep.. such such sheep that would fight the leaders of freedom if told too...

There are way to many blind sheep on this planet.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:54:22 PM

.. I would disagree with this.. 10-20% are heros the rest.. sheep.. such such sheep that would fight the leaders of freedom if told too...

There are way to many blind sheep on this planet.

That is precisely why Bitcoin makes abstractions of failed "democractic" concepts and is resilient to tyranny of the masses.

The recent XT/BIP101 fiasco is a clear enough demonstration of the antifragile properties of Bitcoin.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:58:02 PM

Tell that to peer-to-peer filesharing.  The media moguls and copyright cartels haven't managed to shut that down yet.  Peer-to-peer moneysharing will be no different.
Then there's the "war on drugs", "war on terror", "war on poverty" and all those other wars they're not only failing miserably at winning, but even making worse purely by their own involvement.
I think we're good here.  Besides, it'll probably be the "bankster-friendly" crapcoins like Ripple/Stellar that get taken over by more official organisations.
I agree with your post on all points. They can't really shut down P2P.

I don't know if authorities can't fully shut down P2P. But they can really made our life harder. Look what happened with torrent community in some countries.
And governments were already performed tests on how to effectively block every bitcoin related services and sites in Venezuela as far as I know.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:18:44 PM

Perhaps I am way to jaded.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Give up OP, this is just complete nonsense. Whoever tries to ruin Bitcoin will not only ruin the price too, but their own lives. They will be hated for life, the devs know it, thats why they will stay open source and decentralized. We are on the same team. You are worrying about a non issue.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:28:09 PM

Give up OP, this is just complete nonsense. Whoever tries to ruin Bitcoin will not only ruin the price too, but their own lives. They will be hated for life, the devs know it, thats why they will stay open source and decentralized. We are on the same team. You are worrying about a non issue.

Evil prevails when good people do nothing.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:42:08 PM

Bitcoin can not be hijacked, since even if the Core development team did become compromised we could all just choose to adopt an alternative implementation of Bitcoin instead. Even if the majority does not choose freedom and does side with a Bitcoin that compromises the principles of decentralization and financial freedom. Then as an individual you can always choose to adopt an alternative cryptocurrency instead. Because of this, the crypto revolution will never die. We will from now on wards always have the choice, this volunteerism and freedom is one of the greatest technological gifts of our time. So embrace alternative implementations and alternative cryptocurrencies because they are an extension of the ethos of Bitcoin itself and help preserve the decentralization and financial freedom most of us here have grown to love.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:09:50 PM

If bitcoin is written and 100% controlled by government, no one would use bitcoin anymore, bitcoin price crashed & government effort to control bitcoin is useless.

So, i think government won't write codes for bitcoin & hold full control over bitcoin, but they'll "regulate" bitcoin indirectly.
From, give many rules to bitcoin company such as must give tax, report user activity to government, apply a license & many more.
But, we can use our bitcoin freely by avoid those bitcoin company & be anonymous all the time.

I believe there are no chances for that as bitcoin network and it's ecosystem is completely coded to work along with TCP/IP of internet usage. Only if they are able to control internet they can have access to bitcoin network. Till then, true freedom of decentralization is for every human of this planet.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:34:33 PM

No..., I disagree.  OP should ask questions that may be uncomfortable or to clarify.  Without the free exchange of information I have read here, I would be less informed about Bitcoin's strengths and weaknesses.

TPTB could make BTC much harder to use by clamping down on exchanges or other chokepoints of trading BTC for US$ for example.  I have used BTC to buy ONLY gold, and if TPTB shut down the retailers' abilities to get fiat, that would mean that I would less interest in BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: