Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] BTCworkers launches its public beta - Bitcoin Freelancing Board  (Read 1864 times)
btcworkers (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 02:39:57 AM

We're happy to announce BTCworkers is finally available for public beta!

BTCworkers is a freelance board that deals only in bitcoin. We've been working hard on it for the past few months and are finally ready for beta. Some features we have which other bitcoin freelance boards lack are full site SSL and payment escrow.

Because we are in the beta stage, we want to get as many people using our site as possible. As such, we have removed all fees for the beta period. After beta, the fee will be 3% for anything more than one bitcoin; anything less will be free. We're hoping that by removing fees for the beta period, people will be more likely to try out our service.

For more information, feedback, questions, or anything really, feel free to post here or email us at contact@btcworkers.com.

Blog post: http://blog.btcworkers.com/2012/11/public-beta-announcement.html
FAQ: https://www.btcworkers.com/faq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 03:44:10 AM

Over 9,000 jobs completed
More than 10,000 BTC earned

YET not one listing CALLING BS
btcworkers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 03:50:44 AM

Hah, that was a joke left over in our templates. We didn't think anyone would take it seriously. It's going to be removed in the next push.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:10:58 PM

Hah, that was a joke left over in our templates. We didn't think anyone would take it seriously. It's going to be removed in the next push.

That's why it's called beta! Looks like an honest mistake to me.

Good luck with your site.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:31:23 PM

It looks shady

Also you guys should allow btcs/hour or a min cause I just saw a listing for wordpress theme, I could do that but for 8-12 lump sum that super cheap and all these noobies will probably jump on that cutting out us older members.
btcworkers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 10:03:24 PM

Also you guys should allow btcs/hour or a min cause I just saw a listing for wordpress theme, I could do that but for 8-12 lump sum that super cheap and all these noobies will probably jump on that cutting out us older members.

We may implement an hourly rate in the future, but it's not in our plans right now. There are many factors involved in charging hourly, especially automatically, that can make things very unnecessarily complicated.

Thanks!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 07:51:31 PM

Very excited to see this site, it looks nice. I hope you have plans to market it and spend the time needed to grow the userbase. It will need lots of pushing from your side, and a marketing budget as well.  Make sure to update here on the forum frequently so people stay connected. Advertise with sites like bitcoinadvertisers.com, coinurl.com, and feedzebirds.com

Good luck!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 07:57:33 PM

Very excited to see this site, it looks nice. I hope you have plans to market it and spend the time needed to grow the userbase. It will need lots of pushing from your side, and a marketing budget as well.  Make sure to update here on the forum frequently so people stay connected. Advertise with sites like bitcoinadvertisers.com, coinurl.com, and feedzebirds.com

Good luck!

Kind of hard to advertise with feedzebirds when the website is down Wink
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:03:44 PM

Good luck!

it is up for me

http://isitup.org/btcworkers.com
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 10:05:30 PM

Good luck!

it is up for me

http://isitup.org/btcworkers.com

feedzebirds.com is down... Roll Eyes
btcworkers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 02:28:58 AM

Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions! We definitely do need to work harder on marketing to grow the userbase. Those ad providers look like they will be helpful.

btcworkers (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 09:29:05 PM

Update:

We've completed a total of 4 projects so far flawlessly, and have an estimated total of 80 registered freelancers!
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:29:01 AM

Hey btcworkers,

I like the site and did a project through it which went great! I have two more listings though (one which is not so serious) and the site seems to be rather dead. Maybe it's just coders who are there now but the question is...

Do you guys have a marketing plan? Going to tweet new project listings or offer RSS feeds? Maybe come to #bitcoin and pimp the site a little....or here.

Wishing you the best,

weex
btcworkers (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 07:51:50 PM

Hey weex. Replying after we got some advertising done.

About a month of advertising later we have a total of 61 listings created in total. There's about 10 public projects now although the original few have probably found freelancers elsewhere.

If you hadn't noticed, we already have an RSS feed so anyone can check for new project updates through it.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: