Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC halving effect started @ October 2015  (Read 1423 times)
lolikop (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:58:54 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 02:25:17 AM by lolikop

Litecoin`s halving effect started 1 month before the actual halving.

Bitcoin is 100x more popular and used.

We are witnessing a big increase in value.

Prepare for a minimum of 2.000$ a btc before halving.

I`m gonna hibernate till 2K.

Out!

notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:11:28 AM

mark my words the price won't significantly rise again until a couple of things are fixed: scalabilty (at least a bandaid) and the bitcoin winklevii ETF
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:21:57 AM

mark my words the price won't significantly rise again until a couple of things are fixed: scalabilty (at least a bandaid) and the bitcoin winklevii ETF

Honey Badger doesn't give a fuck.

Seriously.  Those are future issues that will be fixed, and when they do, will lead to potentially higher bubbles, but won't stop a bubble from happening with the halving.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:35:41 AM

Too much premature exuberance over a small price increase. Please curb your enthusiasm. This $50 increase over a month is nothing to crow about. This increase can easily back track down to $250-200 any minute. This whole thing smells of pump&dump.

Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:37:57 AM

Too much premature exuberance over a small price increase. Please curb your enthusiasm. This $50 increase over a month is nothing to crow about. This increase can easily back track down to $250-200 any minute. This whole thing smells of pump&dump.

This pump to $300 has been different than the last two, although I agree there will be a dump again before the next run up for the halving, a "first sell off" in terms of bubble dynamics. It just may not be in the same $200-$300 range, maybe more Smiley
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:50:18 AM

You can see the effects now. $295 then falling back to 285 then slowly climbing pack to $290. This does look like a pump 'n dump.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:54:22 AM

I don't know if this is a pump for sure, the price has been rising slow but steadily lately and there has been some good news in the the last couple of weeks and no major "scandals" (EU declaring it a currency, etc).
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:16:10 AM

its not halving effect, price rise after some good news for bitcoin globally,we will see halving effect in first quarter of 2016
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:39:07 AM

its not halving effect, price rise after some good news for bitcoin globally,we will see halving effect in first quarter of 2016

Agree. I'm still not sure what halving will bring, I try to be as optimistic as everyone else but I'm not sure if it will a day in the park...
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:53:46 AM

There was no significant reason for the rise to $266, nor to $1200.  Ergo, there need not be a significant reason for it to bubble again.  I also don't know why people think that the scalability actually means much of anything.  I hardly doubt there are big players sitting on the sidelines saying, well I'm not buying in because it won't scale!  If that logic had merit we wouldn't have ever made it to the $1200 ATH.  And the ETF? *yawn*.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:21:00 AM

I don't think halving is the main reason why the price is rising up to now. Although it may have an effect, well there are other factors. Also it's still a long way until the halving is done. I know a lot of people is preparing for it so the demand is higher at this moment. I guess that's the main reason. People are expecting that the price will gradually rise after it happened but then no one really knows. It's all speculations
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:28:43 AM

This time it's different, but I still think price is going to boom.

The reduction in inflation and the redistribution of mined coins impacts everything.

Most people who can leverage the situation have been planning for some time.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:12:01 AM

This time it's different, but I still think price is going to boom.

The reduction in inflation and the redistribution of mined coins impacts everything.

Most people who can leverage the situation have been planning for some time.

Sure feels like we go up from here. Like way up~! And, I don't have to work tomorrow. We're making something special at this point.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:44:15 AM

You can see the effects now. $295 then falling back to 285 then slowly climbing pack to $290. This does look like a pump 'n dump.

Looks more like the bigger day traders taking their profits and reentering soon after again. EVen the rise to 1200 was not without some dropbacks. They happened in almost all ranges up to the ATH. It is just normal speculation and (day)traders cashing out.

Pump 'n dump is quite hard to do with bitcoin I guess.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:59:21 AM

i think the same, it's the combination of the last recent, very good news, especially the one about europe

you only need a few good news like that to encourage a panic buy

also i believe that the halving will trigger a much stronger pump
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:02:45 AM

theres will be more buy than sell buy not this years expect 500$ next year just as i can see europe its on the run and russia and china are off now soo the btc sales will come more and crime its very usseless for the coin soo... we need to wait
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:09:40 AM

This whole thing smells of pump&dump.

Where is the "Pump"? I don't see too many shills pumping Bitcoin. Seems like a slow and relatively quiet rise.
Slunt

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:25:27 AM

Just because it rose doesn't mean it has to do with the halving. I expect that to happen a couple of months before it though. Think the price will rise higher the closer we get to it but it likely wont start until a couple of months before.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:30:42 AM

Not that I don't want to see the price go to $2000, but it's simply not reachable just because of the block halving. For that to happen there has to be much more demand. I think a realistic price for the halving is $500-$600.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:36:05 AM

Just because it rose doesn't mean it has to do with the halving. I expect that to happen a couple of months before it though. Think the price will rise higher the closer we get to it but it likely wont start until a couple of months before.

It seems to me that you are right. It seems that it's still early for halving effects. This is what I have found, our good old friends Chinese:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115471/bitcoin-price-charges-towards-300-as-china-cracks-down-on-underground-banks?ref=45
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: