Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO  (Read 1723 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:02:39 AM

Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/26/bacon-ham-sausages-processed-meats-cancer-risk-smoking-says-who

<< Bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer, the World Health Organisation has said, placing cured and processed meats in the same category as asbestos, alcohol, arsenic and tobacco. The report from the WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer said there was enough evidence to rank processed meats as group 1 carcinogens because of a causal link with bowel cancer. It places red meat in group 2A, as "probably carcinogenic to humans". Eating red meat is also linked to pancreatic and prostate cancer, the IARC says. The IARC's experts concluded that each 50-gram (1.8-ounce) portion of processed meat eaten daily increased the risk of colorectal cancer by 18%.

"For an individual, the risk of developing colorectal cancer because of their consumption of processed meat remains small, but this risk increases with the amount of meat consumed", said Dr Kurt Straif, head of the IARC monographs programme. "In view of the large number of people who consume processed meat, the global impact on cancer incidence is of public health importance."

The decision from the IARC, after a year of deliberations by international scientists, will be welcomed by cancer researchers but it triggered an immediate and furious response from the industry, and the scientists it funds, who rejected any comparison between cigarettes and meat. >>
skeet

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:21:39 AM

I would be more impressed if they found something that didn't cause cancer. like 'eat this one thing and you'll NEVER get cancer' but since anyone and everyone can get it that will never happen.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:51:14 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 07:59:36 AM by freedomno1

Everything causes cancer these days. Sad

I wonder how many will turn vegan after reading this.

In response the meat and dairy organization in Canada pointed to a study that Vegans have higher rates of complications that put them at risk due to the lack of vitamins in their diet that primarily come from meat  Grin
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1627S.short

Bacon its one of the things worth dying a slow death for  Wink
An average of 24,000 people are KILLED by lightening each year. Not linked....KILLED. I'll take my chances with bacon.

Oh and the Hot Dog Report Smiley
http://www.clearfood.com/food_reports/2015/the_hotdog_report

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
kydranel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:28:09 AM

well it was processed so it makes sense. its still better if u saw how it was butchered then eat it.

CryptoTotal.com    ¯\__/     Crypto MegaStore      ✓ Worldwide Shipping
──────────────    °  °    ────────────────────── ──── ─── ── ─
CamerasHeadphonesTabletsVideo GamesToysCollectiblesMoviesFragrancesHealthBeauty
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:12:28 AM

who the fuck wants to live until their 80s? can you imagine what it would be like not being able to do things for yourself and walking around vulnerable to whoever decides to rob you? eat and smoke what you like and stop being pussies.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:39:52 AM

Perhaps not using GMO stuff (with lots of residual insecticides and herbicides) in animal feed, and properly smoking and curing meat instead of using "smoke flavour" and God knows what else would help a lot.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:30:13 PM

This has been known for several years. And it's not a direct cause for colon cancer, but increases risks.
That's why I have been using for years the Meriva Curcumin, for prevention of colon cancer, works very well, regresses pre-cancerous lesions.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
pilscoop

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:26:20 PM

Also being alive is a cause of cancer...
Every day there's a study saying this or that causes cancer. I say just eat healthy and you'll be ok
danel

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:37:00 AM

Everything causes cancer. We breath in cancer we eat things that cause cancer. Our soil has been polluted over the years and all the additives added to the feed for animals is causing cancer, not just bacon and ham. Yes anything used to preserve meats will cause cancer.

Stop blaming one thing because it is everything that causes cancer. We need something to break down all the cancer causing properties in our foods because it will take a lot of years to clean our water, soil and animals of the cancer causing genes.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:25:11 AM

most processed foods are unhealthy. processed meats are disgusting (except bacon) but the WHO is a sham. its like the UN of health care.  not worth listening to
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:51:33 AM

^ the world health organization is part of the united nations. Not sure about not being worth listening to though. But I agree with the rest. And this is nothing new and no one will stop eating processed meat now.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:39:57 PM

Your going to die no matter what you eat, drink, smoke or screw! When, is just a number! You really think they care? Screw it all!

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:25:07 AM

Your going to die no matter what you eat, drink, smoke or screw! When, is just a number! You really think they care? Screw it all!

I agree. When people tries to warn me about dangers of cigars or anything like that I basically think "what is the meaning of life when you can't just enjoy it?"
Well I don't actually smoke but I cannot stop eating meat. I love it.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:47:12 AM

I'm pretty sure it all depends on what meat are you eating. If you are able to get high quality meat from countryside (pigs, that were not fed by GMO stuff and etc.), the risk of cancer won't get any higher. Just main problem is, that most of meat that is selled in supermarkets is litterally garbage.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BitHappy24

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:05:10 AM

I'm pretty sure it all depends on what meat are you eating. If you are able to get high quality meat from countryside (pigs, that were not fed by GMO stuff and etc.), the risk of cancer won't get any higher. Just main problem is, that most of meat that is selled in supermarkets is litterally garbage.
This, it depends where you get your meat and where it came from and if it has been processed or not and how much. All those stuff counts in.

Even if all the meat causes cancer, more than a quarter of the human race is already diagnosed with cancer.  Undecided
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 02:40:33 PM

Smoking can cause too many cancers including: Bladder, Cervix, Colon and rectum, Esophagus, Kidneys and ureters, Larynx, Liver, Lungs, Mouth, nose, and throat, Pancreas, Stomach, Trachea..
While meats can increase the risk of colon, stomach..

No comparison between the two!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Coinonomous

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:28:59 AM

Doesn't pretty much everything including breathing give you cancer unless it's like a vegetable? Lol. Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:10:48 AM

If I cared any less I'd develop cancer of not giving a shit so I'm fucked either way.
bitrev

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

We're all gonna die anyway sooner or later. I don't wanna live my life in fear. Not every meat causes cancer, just pay attention as to what you put in your mouth and know where it came from.
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:37:11 AM

IDC I will still eat it, Bcuz is delicious.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: