Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this site trusted? - cryptohourly  (Read 7120 times)
Jeremy388

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 11:30:45 PM

Below is my info. for your further reference.

Invest Summary

Active Invest:   ฿25.39409187
Total Invested:   ฿37.36506255

Yes, at the beginning  my investment is from 1 ~ 10 BTC and I also try to withdraw some small founds and it was working.
However, one I put more and higher BTC now, it starts pending withdraws and then my founds was missing around 2.2 BTC which was transferred to fake account -
I am sure that is not mine and I did not change it.

During this two days, trying to use LiveChat for calling help in it but it is really not useful and helpful. He, only this guy John, said email to webmaster and wait for 24 hours; now it has passed two days and no any news from this site.

Yesterday, I try to withdraw my balance again to see what happen. Now in the morning, I don't see it in my BTC account again and it is also missing again. LiveChat is not working currently.

I feel my deposits has been locked and will lose it or has lost it now.
ilvbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:01:02 AM

Invest Summary

Yes, at the beginning  my investment is from 1 ~ 10 BTC and I also try to withdraw some small founds and it was working.
However, one I put more and higher BTC now, it starts pending withdraws and then my founds was missing around 2.2 BTC which was transferred to fake account -

During this two days, trying to use LiveChat for calling help in it but it is really not useful and helpful. He, only this guy John, said email to webmaster and wait for 24 hours; now it has passed two days and no any news from this site.

Yesterday, I try to withdraw my balance again to see what happen. Now in the morning, I don't see it in my BTC account again and it is also missing again. LiveChat is not working currently.

This shows the site pays out to only those with small investments!
That is why it goes well with my instant small withdrawls,I think.

Jeremy388

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 04:01:44 PM

For updated information, the deposits is still locked there and they deleted all my message in their Facebook page.
That is really really bad. Hope there will no more people encounter it again.

https://www.facebook.com/Cryptohourly-Investments-1130695610276446/?fref=ts

Don't trust CryptoHourly!!!!!
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:58:42 PM

Still paying instantly for me, although I do have to say I am a bit surprised that it is.  I have reached ROI and now I am in pure profit !
yahya96

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 01:37:45 AM

i try to withdraw my principal in cryptohourly.com yesterday but until now i not yet receive my bitcoin. i already send several email to the webmaster and admin but didn't receive any reply. below is the transaction batch:

$0.50000015 has been successfully sent to your BitCoin account 18U7GS8saZR4Mf4NFpHmrg9y8Va1K96Bch.
Transaction batch is 19ddcd474183eb0009bc95730173feafdc28133a7602f16cd6ff80a4cd8dcd9a.
ilvbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:37:11 AM

Just tried another w/d,small amount though.
It's instant again.

Brob12321

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Yeah its always small amounts with mine too, since after my deposit took 3 days to hit the account I didn't wanna risk any larger sums of money.
caliboy37

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:17:31 PM

Scam i put in 0.7BTC and cant withdraw... Only legit site for me now is cryptex:(
Niphrentil

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:14:35 AM

I've been using CryptoHourly for a week and a half now and here's my view of it...

First of all, yes, it DOES seem like a "semi"-ponzi scheme so if anyone is afraid of being scammed, stay clear of it.

Secondly, I'll make my own case... I'm new to bitcoins and I consider myself a "BTC Farmer" (if there's a term like that)... I don't mine for BTC, I don't purchace BTC... I just collect bits and bits of Shatoshi here and there and fill my wallet. It's not very efficient and I KNOW it will take a loooooong time to make 1BTC just from that so investment sites like CH are mandatory for the capital to grow. So, is CryptoHourly a good investing site?

For small timers like me, yes it is. Firstly, even if they DO scam me, big deal... I would have lost the 0.007 BTC I collected (and invested) so far. Sure, it would be a wast of time for all the farming I did but meh... It's not like I stopped living to get those (I wasted many more valuable hours on pointless video games, doing this is nothing!! Cheesy ). If it isn't a scam, then from one point on I will stop farming alltogether and just reap the rewards from CH.

But will CryptoHourly last??

I don't know much about bitcoin mining and stuff (like I said, I'm rather new to this) but CH's buisness model seems... Legit! I mean, their investment profit is 3.6% daily. This means that an investor will get his investment back 100% in a month. Now, CH claim to have an ASIC array for mining so, if they can make 1-10 BTC daily, so in a time-span of a month (until the investor gets his capital back) they will probably have mined much more BTC than what they need to return!

What does that mean for investors?

For small timers like me, it means that CryptoHourly will have no trouble keeping up with our Balance up-keep. Considering that most of the investors are smalltimers (or carefull investors) that don't just pour their hard earned BTC into them, their mining gains should be enough to cover everyone already. And, up to this date, it hasn't even been a month since the site launched, so no Investor ever got their full investment back 100%.

But, again... Will it last?

Like I said before, this feels like a ponzi scheme. Only accepting investments over 0.001 BTC (5.1 BTC if you want to sign up for the 0.20% hourly profit?)... It does sound fishy. So, I guess the first "milestone" for this site is the day they reach a month of existance. That's when they will have repayed their first investors 100% and they will have to pay them "out of their pockets" from there on. But, like I said before, if they DO have a descent ASIC mining array and they profit from that, they will have no problem keeping the company running. The second milestone would be the halving of the newly generated BTC in 2016 (from 25 per 10 mins will go down to 12.5 per 10 mins). This will mean that their mining probably won't be able to keep up with investment profits. After that, they will have to either drop the profit rate or just abort ship, take away the rewards and live hapily ever after.

To tell you the truth, I'm more concerned about the second mileston than the first one...

But IS IT a ponzi scheme?

Only way to expose a ponzi is to make large investments right away. A ponzi scheme depends on small investments to create an initial capital in order to live up to their profit claims. If someone right off the bat invests a huge amount, the schemer will have to either deny the offer or grab the money and dissapera because, in the long run, there's no way he can keep up with the profits. This will also happen with CryptoHourly if people start throwing large amounts of BTC their way. So, I guess it's up to us to either keep our investments small (well, like I could do otherwise! Tongue ) and see how deep the rabbit hole goes or throw away our BTC to expose their scam (which, I should say, isn't an entirely profitable move!).

Again, up to now, they seem legit... Let's wait for the first milestone (their one-month anniversary) and then we'll see how it goes.

Cheers! Cheesy

Disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with CryptoHourly in any way other than being a registered investor on their site. I'm just willing to give people a chance and look on the bright side of things than being a straight up "nay-sayer" just because a transaction went bad.

P.S. I noticed that every time I sent BTC from my BlockChain wallet to CH, it charges me with 0.0002 BTC as transaction fees. I.e. on my last investment, I sent 0.0015 BTC to CH but my wallet balance was charged for 0.0017. This happened to every other transaction I did towards CH, don't know if this is normal or it has something to do with CH. I've only sent BTC to CH after all, nowhere else...
Brob12321

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:29:00 PM

Invest Summary

That is a bit much to invest in a site like this.  The reason it is pending is because there are not enough new investors to pay your interest payments, or the admin ran with it.  Maybe try withdrawing in .1-.2 BTC increments and see what happens.  I don't know your financial situation but I'm guessing if I were rich I might just throw around a couple dozen bitcoin like that and not care too much about it and hope that I make some good profit on it.  That would be awesome lol , anyway good luck hope you get your money back. 
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:25:52 PM

The site is almost official gone now.  It went through some phases of falling apart today and has ended with a failed withdrawal and a "service suspension" page.  Another one bites the dust.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:36:05 PM

The site is almost official gone now.  It went through some phases of falling apart today and has ended with a failed withdrawal and a "service suspension" page.  Another one bites the dust.

Is it confirmed scam yet ?
martinshane

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:46:40 PM

Their home page just seems to be a static html file which is still online as I'm writing this. There was briefly an error message from ddos-guard.net saying the website owner should contact them. I went to ddos-guard.net and spoke with someone on chat. They said their bill wasn't paid. I offered to pay the bill myself to get the website back online and they wouldn't take my money. I even asked them to put the website back up for a short period of time so I can withdraw my money and they didn't want to do that. Now I don't even see their error message.

Before today I just thought their website was going offline because people kept clicking refresh to watch their balance grow.
Naseza

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:17:19 AM

I couldn't open the site, has anyone this problem ?
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:28:14 AM

I couldn't open the site, has anyone this problem ?
Yes the site is officially gone as their page does not work. That was fairly quick, I remember one like this that lasted 4 months. This one a little over a month.
Don't invest in these sites. They can easily be torn down and you don't have anyway to get your deposits back.
It was shady from the beginning from their support guy was always called "John".

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
vienmelodic

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:16:37 AM

turn scam already? thank God i already have Withdrawing all my BTC few days ago Smiley)
lolfreak87

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:52:45 PM

An other Ponzi is gone,
the Game is Over  Cheesy

vienmelodic

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:59:32 PM

Scam i put in 0.7BTC and cant withdraw... Only legit site for me now is cryptex:(

cryptex almost gone also Cheesy
kanazawa

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:09:59 PM

oh man... did you put 1BTC in this FU*** game?

man... that was a huge mistake.

---

YEAH. CAN'T OPEN THE WEBSITE... BUT THEY ONLY TOOK ME 0.001BTC

PONZI-SCAMMER OF HELL!!

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:07:34 PM

oh man... did you put 1BTC in this FU*** game?

man... that was a huge mistake.

---

YEAH. CAN'T OPEN THE WEBSITE... BUT THEY ONLY TOOK ME 0.001BTC

PONZI-SCAMMER OF HELL!!

i don't want to nit pick but it's
ponzi scammers FROM hell!!
whatever it is, it's always FROM hell   Wink

anyways... as i thought so haha

so what is this cryptex thingy?

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██