Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:13:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items!  (Read 75302 times)
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 02:27:10 PM

I had a problem with my order and hence needed their support. I got the first reply within an hour and everything went smoothly, certainly more and better than I have come to expect from amazon and likes.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siesatsu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 03:28:37 PM

Awesome!! Definitly going to make a few purchases
Benatar

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:11:31 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2013, 08:30:59 PM by Benatar

HP LASERJET PRO 400 M451DN CLR
BitcoinStore $494
Amazon  $509

Amazon.com $422, with $449 being the 1st party price when in stock.

3/4 though this time, so there's really no reason to throw in a 4th example that happens to be a dishonest one unless you just have a problem making an entire post without some sort of lie in it.

EDIT: Fixed typo in price.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 08:22:56 PM

BitcoinStore $494
Amazon  $509

Amazon.com $422, with $499 being the 1st party price when in stock.

3/4 though this time, so there's really no reason to throw in a 4th example that happens to be a dishonest one unless you just have a problem making an entire post without some sort of lie in it.

You are aware that these change based on your location and the time in which you click refresh, yes?  So why don't you think before you post something stupid?  Or do you not like to think before you post?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Benatar

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:33:24 PM

BitcoinStore $494
Amazon  $509

Amazon.com $422, with $499 being the 1st party price when in stock.

You are aware that these change based on your location and the time in which you click refresh, yes?  So why don't you think before you post something stupid?  Or do you not like to think before you post?

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Hewlett-Packard-M451DN-Laserjet-Enterprise/product/B006X2FE1O

Tracking amazon prices is trivial.  It has been $449 first party when in stock steadily and unchanging for over the last 6 months, and when not in stock first party, have always had it available for under $460 through a third party stocker over the same period.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 08:51:42 PM

OK, thanks for the helpful comment.  I guess bitcoinstore.com should be aware that misleading or posting price comparisons may affect some potential customers.

However, it doesn't change the fact that bitcoinstore.com will have a competitive advantage vs Amazon due to no credit card transaction fees.

Let's move on to the next thing that can help bitcoinstore.com and assume they will take this feedback and learn from it (I assume they will).

Pointing out additional inaccuracies will not accomplish anything.  And, I still think it's the easiest way to promote bitcoinstore.com by giving people a use case that explains how they will save money.  Try not to focus too much on the examples unless you've printed them on paper, b/c online numbers will be dynamic.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 11:51:19 PM

The store is a great thing, I wish them great success!!! Cheesy
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:25:22 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 08:01:38 AM by jgarzik

Wanting to support an Amazon-that-takes-bitcoin, I placed an order with BitcoinStore.com.  Here is my capsule review (permalink):

• Order placed successfully.  Largely shopped in the "home and appliances" section, as hardware and software generally flow freely to me Smiley
  • Nice, clean, minimalistic interface.  Not as fancy as Amazon.com by a long stretch, but certainly usable and apparently well stocked.
  • Bitcoin payment, apparently via BitPay's engine, was successful.  A standard bitcoin address was presented on the page, and the reference client sent coins to the address without a problem.
  • Did not bother to compare prices with Amazon.com.  Main goals were to stimulate the bitcoin economy, reward businesses going a good job representing bitcoin, and provide a real-money review of the store.

Major criticisms:

• I checked out as a guest, not creating an account.  It was disappointing that there is no order URL at which I may track my order, e.g. https://orders.bitcoinstore.com/#1099000000  Almost all other online retailers offer this logical, basic feature:  watch the status of an order on the retailer's website, even if you did not create an account.

Minor criticisms:

• The store sells 128GB flash drives, but the search string "128gb flash drive" does not return useful results.
  • Shipping was simply described as "standard shipping", without additional information about shipping methods.  USPS?  UPS?  FedEx?  Who knows?
  • Two shipping methods were offered to me:  "standard shipping" for free, or "standard shipping" for some amount of money.  Seems pointless to offer the same method twice, with two different prices.
  • Sending bitcoin payment before clicking "place order" is quite awkward and backwards from standard user expectations, I would think.
  • Nevertheless, as instructed, I sent bitcoin payment to the network before I clicked place order.  The user interface displayed an error.  I waited a few more seconds, then clicked "place order" again.  This time, it succeeded.
  • Order email, received after placing and paying for the order, simply says "Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order." -- again failing to describe how my order will be shipped
  • Order email is 100% USD, with no mention of BTC at all.  Payment was in bitcoins, of course (the only payment method available).

Conclusion:  Rough around the edges, but good selection and they take bitcoins.  Would buy from again... assuming that my current order arrives!

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:05:46 AM

Oh, and an I-dare-you-to-add-this product, that I think might have a niche bitcoin market:  solar panels.

Promise to buy at least one Smiley

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:14:30 PM

Oh, and an I-dare-you-to-add-this product, that I think might have a niche bitcoin market:  solar panels.
Promise to buy at least one Smiley
+1  Smiley
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:30:32 PM

Damn, I never knew you sold Victorinoxes. I just bought one from eBay.  Cry

You really need to give your site's navigation some reworking....
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:16:48 PM

I give the store 5/5 starts from me. I ordered an item 1. 9. 2013 and got it today, shipped here to EU. I got what I ordered and it works as advertised and I'm very happy.  Cool

You really need to give your site's navigation some reworking....

Yep, that's about the only major flaw I could see with bitcoinstore.com but it didn't really effect because I was willing to spend some extra time and thoroughly search their site for the item I needed.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 12:25:16 PM

Lots of MAJOR updates to the site will be pushed to the live server within the next week or so.

They will make everything on the site much easier to use and navigate.

For now,  please check out the Home Appliances section:  http://www.bitcoinstore.com/more/home-appliances.html

It is hard to find something that BitcoinStore isn't cheaper than Amazon on in this section.

Thank you to everyone who has already placed an order!

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:05:29 PM

MemoryDealers:

I am sure the community is interested in knowing how you are doing. Is the site currently answering to your expectations ?

I will certainly consider using your site the next time it's time to order electronics.

How is it for ordering to countries outside the US, I didn't see any shipping options for this. Do you at the moment ship internationally ? If so, it would be interesting to know what kind of shipment options there are, and the cost of these.

Also, are you shipping from the US, or are you shipping from Asia (China) ?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:17:51 PM

MemoryDealers:

I am sure the community is interested in knowing how you are doing. Is the site currently answering to your expectations ?

I will certainly consider using your site the next time it's time to order electronics.

How is it for ordering to countries outside the US, I didn't see any shipping options for this. Do you at the moment ship internationally ? If so, it would be interesting to know what kind of shipment options there are, and the cost of these.

Also, are you shipping from the US, or are you shipping from Asia (China) ?
The site's shipping internationally (and for a quite good price too), and from the USA. (The shipping options are from USPS).
Try adding stuff to your cart and checking out to see the shipping options.

I'm still going through the product list here....
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:02:38 PM

For now,  please check out the Home Appliances section:  http://www.bitcoinstore.com/more/home-appliances.html

The BTC/USD conversion rate used is $13.52 while Mt. Gox is at $17.44

Just pointing this out so you can fix it, because it looks dishonest.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:04:45 PM

For now,  please check out the Home Appliances section:  http://www.bitcoinstore.com/more/home-appliances.html

*facepalm* No wonder I felt something was amiss here.
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 05:24:11 PM

*facepalm* No wonder I felt something was amiss here.

The website displayed exchange rate is having trouble updating automatically however the exchange rate at the actual checkout updates every 5 minutes.
If the current exchange rate is $17.44 and it has been that rate for more than 5 minutes,  that is the rate you will pay at checkout.

deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:37:04 PM

The website displayed exchange rate is having trouble updating automatically however the exchange rate at the actual checkout updates every 5 minutes.
If the current exchange rate is $17.44 and it has been that rate for more than 5 minutes,  that is the rate you will pay at checkout.

Sure, but $13.52 was the exchange rate like two week ago.

I don't want to be a dick, I appreciate what your doing here, that's why I brought it up. Cause I'm afraid it looks sketchy and will turn people away (not everyone is going to understand how the price is corrected at checkout).
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 05:56:40 PM

I agree, and understand that this issue needs to be fixed.
It likely will be with the next update to the live website.

At no point is anyone over charged on the current site though.
Here is a screen shot of the checkout from a few minutes ago that clearly shows the correct exchange rate of about $17.40 being charged despite the old exchange rate being displayed on the local website:

Thanks to Bitpay.com for making such a great bitcoin payment module!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: