Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items!  (Read 75300 times)
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:53:53 PM

It's up for me, though it took a while to load.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuW19dxlim16

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:01:38 PM

DDoS attack : http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1cglxh/bitcoinstore_down_momentarily/
Now back up
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 08:58:30 PM

Will you stock laptops with Haswell CPU's when they are released in June? I am in the market for a new PC but I want to wait for Haswell.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:02:55 AM

I went in search of SSDs on bitcoinstore.com, and they're almost all out of stock. Why?
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:00:45 AM

They dont know how to filter results on this site? Bitpay is never working on checkout (even now I just checked), so you cant even pay if you wanted to either. I received an email saying oh hey remember that free shipping it listed on that item and on checkout and on the site everywhere? Yeah no, you need to pay another 100$ or cancel the order.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

Will you stock laptops with Haswell CPU's when they are released in June? I am in the market for a new PC but I want to wait for Haswell.

Yes,  these will be carried as soon as they are released.

I went in search of SSDs on bitcoinstore.com, and they're almost all out of stock. Why?
Most of them are actually in stock,  but we are still working on improving the import script.
Feel free to contact us if there is a specific model that you need.

They dont know how to filter results on this site? Bitpay is never working on checkout (even now I just checked), so you cant even pay if you wanted to either. I received an email saying oh hey remember that free shipping it listed on that item and on checkout and on the site everywhere? Yeah no, you need to pay another 100$ or cancel the order.

We are working on better filtering.
Bitpay seems to be working fine and we get dozens of orders per day with it.
If you are having a problem,  please let us know the exact details so we can fix it.
There is free shipping on everything except extra large or heavy items that can't be shipped via normal carriers.  (Like 50+ inch TVs)

viajero

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:50:17 AM

i checket bitcoinstore e few days ago and it said 36% of the 850,000$ goal achieved now it's only 29% or 255,000 compared to the more than 310,000$ a couple days ago. how did that happen? mysterious chargebacks? Wink
jasinlee

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:30:10 AM

Yes,  these will be carried as soon as they are released.

Most of them are actually in stock,  but we are still working on improving the import script.
Feel free to contact us if there is a specific model that you need.

If you are having a problem,  please let us know the exact details so we can fix it.
There is free shipping on everything except extra large or heavy items that can't be shipped via normal carriers.  (Like 50+ inch TVs)

I attempted to pay with bitpay twice this month for an item. It receives and gets a confirm but only recognized btc from vircurex and no where else. I sent from another exchange, qt wallet, and blockchain...and now I have to wait about 5 days for a refund because the site cant recognize confirmed coins. And I am just out fees at the exchange again. As for the emailing people after the order for more money. If you want to charge more for shipping on a tv...put that on the freaking site. You added a note about coinbase, why not one for the shipping. Like, even though this says free shipping, if your item is large it is not free. Add x amount.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:10:40 PM

i checket bitcoinstore e few days ago and it said 36% of the 850,000$ goal achieved now it's only 29% or 255,000 compared to the more than 310,000$ a couple days ago. how did that happen? mysterious chargebacks? Wink

Maybe because they are counting the USD value of the BTC they hold?

viajero

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:37:43 PM

that wouldn't make any sence and i'm pretty sure, it's not the case bcs than it would have to change al the time.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:48:48 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 11:59:57 AM by DannyHamilton

that wouldn't make any sence and i'm pretty sure, it's not the case bcs than it would have to change al the time.

Why wouldn't it make any sense?  I'm pretty sure it is the case, and it does change often but I suspect they don't update the conversion in what they show on the website instantly all day long, they probably just update it once or twice a day.

As a matter of fact, you can see that they are displaying the total bitcoins right there on the web page:

(Screen capture from my browser 2013-05-06 22:51 UTC)
Note the indication of 2,324 BTC.
jasinlee

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:16:06 AM

Still no solution to this issue, and bitpay is not returning emails 2 days since. iirc ~13btc sitting in yours or bitpays accounts due to the sites glitches. If bitpay is performing as expected on your site why does your own site come up in the bitpay frame site at checkout? Where is my refund? I paid and your site or bitpays were not recognizing the payments so it just sat there then said payment not received, request a refund, which I did and am getting no replies from them now.

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 02:20:00 AM

Still no solution to this issue, and bitpay is not returning emails 2 days since. iirc ~13btc sitting in yours or bitpays accounts due to the sites glitches. If bitpay is performing as expected on your site why does your own site come up in the bitpay frame site at checkout? Where is my refund? I paid and your site or bitpays were not recognizing the payments so it just sat there then said payment not received, request a refund, which I did and am getting no replies from them now.

You are requesting replies at 9PM on a Sunday evening.
I'm sure one of the support staff will get back to you first thing on Monday morning.
If by some strange reason they don't,  feel free to contact me directly and I will help track down the exact issue personally.

jasinlee

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:41:41 AM

Let me explain the frustration I am exhibiting here.

3 weeks of ongoing issues with the site. I saw a post saying the site could go under without our support. So I started doing my purchases there to help your business (even referred some people there), but after the first purchase the site seems to have gone to crap. I get short emails with barely any information about whats going on from your site. I however do get an email saying I need to pay more for an item that to date still shows free shipping. And then I voice my complaints and I do not get an "I apologize for the inconvenience, we are working hard to correct this issue, please accept our apologies for the problems and we will endeavor to fix them." Instead I get:

If you are having a problem,  please let us know the exact details so we can fix it.
There is free shipping on everything except extra large or heavy items that can't be shipped via normal carriers.  (Like 50+ inch TVs)
And:
You are requesting replies at 9PM on a Sunday evening.
I'm sure one of the support staff will get back to you first thing on Monday morning.
If by some strange reason they don't,  feel free to contact me directly and I will help track down the exact issue personally.

Which as a paying customer I would take as: The site works fine, you obviously are having an id 10 t error please try again. Please let us know the details (which you already gave us 2 times) again. There is free shipping on everything except the items that are large and heavy that we labeled as "Free shipping" on our site. Didn't you read the email we sent you after you tried to get your item shipped a few weeks ago?

And its no wonder no one is answering you 2 days later, its 9pm on a sunday how dare you voice your complaints publicly where everyone can see a couple days after the problem was reported. I will check on the order later and do some actual customer service if no one else gets back to you later.

See the problem here?

viajero

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:54:23 AM

Why wouldn't it make any sense?  I'm pretty sure it is the case, and it does change often but I suspect they don't update the conversion in what they show on the website instantly all day long, they probably just update it once or twice a day.

As a matter of fact, you can see that the are displaying the total bitcoins right there on the web page:

OK, i guess u are right. it still makes NO sence, since the whole point of that counter is to show the process of reaching the $850.000 needet to meet the Ingram Micro contract. im quite sure, Ingram Micro doesn't give a shit how many BTCs bitcoinstore aquired. to renew the contract, they need to sell goods worth $850k or more. as long as the BTC volatility graph looks like a drunken bee, the calculated amaunt of $ is quite arbitrary.

just guess the BTC rate would stay at 100 USD for allmost the  whole 2nd quater but in the last few days it would go up to 1000 USD. even though they would have sold goods for, lets say 1000 BTC or $90,000 at the time, the counter would show $1,000,000. THAT MAKES NO SENCE!

maybe the problem is, that they only count the BTCs and not the USDs when an item gets sold so they don't have the data refering to the actual $ prices. but for a usefull counter this data is absolutely needet!

the next thing i'm wondering about: half or even more of the products are out of stock. absolutely no information if or when it's going to be available again. why would anybody buy it then?

i really like the idea behind bitcoinstore and in theory the counter is a nice way to track the process. but calculating an arbitrary amount of USDs out of the BTCs and having half of the items out of stock makes me wonder how the do business over there!

ajk
Donator

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:45:53 PM

I just placed a 15 BTC order and it was processed no problem by bitpay,

currently waiting for my new sexy laptop to be shipped cant wait for it to arrive!
kcirazy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

I was just about to order something, but international shipping costs for a 0.25 BTC product seem to be ridiculously high

The following options appear:

1) United States Postal Service - Priority Mail International 0.446 BTC [ $47.00 ]
PLEASE NOTE: Free shipping is equally as fast as paid shipping for orders over $100.
2) Express Mail International 0.601 BTC [ $63.35 ]
PLEASE NOTE: Free shipping is equally as fast as paid shipping for orders over $100.
PLEASE NOTE: If your item is considered a "Large" item and needs LTL Shipping one of our staff members will notify you in regards to an additional shipping fee. By proceeding with the order you are agreeing to the terms.

And the contact form (link at the bottom) doesn't seem to work: https://www.bitcoinstore.com/contacts/

What is this 'free shipping' option?
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

I was just about to order something, but international shipping costs for a 0.25 BTC product seem to be ridiculously high

The following options appear:

1) United States Postal Service - Priority Mail International 0.446 BTC [ $47.00 ]
2) Express Mail International 0.601 BTC [ $63.35 ]
PLEASE NOTE: If your item is considered a "Large" item and needs LTL Shipping one of our staff members will notify you in regards to an additional shipping fee. By proceeding with the order you are agreeing to the terms.

And the contact form (link at the bottom) doesn't seem to work: https://www.bitcoinstore.com/contacts/

What is this 'free shipping' option?

The "free shipping"  option is for domestic orders only.
I will update the site to remove this confusion for international orders.

There is actually a 0% markup on the shipping as well.
When you include the packaging supplies and labor,  we actually lose money on the shipping of each international order.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

Another review:

1) Ordered loaded Samsung laptop.  Was marked in stock, and arrived within 2-3 days of ordering.  Very fast turnaround, even with "standard shipping" (I was hoping for next day processing and shipping).  Laptop works great.  Very happy with this order.

2) Ordered 4x LED flashlights, with 3x of the same type (0.5W "super-led").  1x shipped immediately.  2x just arrived today.  Still waiting on 1x.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

Very good website!

As a lot of stock and review options.
This is great!