Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorian Nakamoto fundraiser, for an original artwork by cryptograffiti  (Read 1091 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 03:45:24 PM

Dorian Nakamoto fundraiser, for an original artwork by cryptograffiti

The artwork was featured in an article about Mr Nakamoto in Bitcoin Magazine covering the inside story of how the hunt for Satoshi Nakamoto turned Dorian’s life upside down.  Created by pseudonymous artist and Bitcoin enthusiast cryptograffiti, the artwork features Mr. Nakamoto’s face made from pieces of destroyed credit cards including the signature strip of Mr Nakamoto’s own card. High resolution images of the artwork can be viewed below.

https://bitify.com/bitify-hosts-dorian-nakamoto-fundraiser-196729/

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:07:33 PM

What did this guy do to deserve fundraisers for him again?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:47:00 PM

He used his skillz to screw a free lunch out of some journalists and gave us a wonderful meme or two.

That's a dead cool 'piece' but you'd have a hard time explaining to your nearest and dearest why they're not getting any Christmas presents this year.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:50:15 PM

he was hounded and harrassed by media.
stalked and publicised.

all because a media outlet decided he was the creator of bitcoin. this has been disproved but media has affected his life. and as a bitcoin community we found that because the media shitstorm was about the supposed creator of bitcoin. we thought we should do something positive to help this guy out.

no one is forcing anyone to donate, so relax you dont have to do anything if you dont want to. but many people who enjoy their privacy do not like to see another persons privacy being invaded due to wrongful allegations, and thus people feel sorry for the poor guy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
brg444

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:51:23 PM

he was hounded and harrassed by media.
stalked and publicised.

all because a media outlet decided he was the creator of bitcoin. this has been disproved but media has affected his life. and as a bitcoin community we found that because the media shitstorm was about the supposed creator of bitcoin. we thought we should do something positive to help this guy out.

no one is forcing anyone to donate, so relax you dont have to do anything if you dont want to. but many people who enjoy their privacy do not like to see another persons privacy being invaded due to wrongful allegations, and thus people feel sorry for the poor guy

Roll Eyes

oh please.

that lasted what? half a day?

"media has affected his life"

gimme a break.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:03:22 PM

Roll Eyes

oh please.

that lasted what? half a day?

"media has affected his life"

gimme a break.

it lasted longer then that..
even a year later theres stupid people on this very forum saying dorian is the creator. and dorian is still getting contacted about attending interviews or answering questions.. he is not being left alone.

imagine you are a basement dwelling hermit who just wants to have a quiet life.. but now your pictures are all over the internet. theres meme's of your face and you are getting contacted by strangers..

yea, if you were channing tatum or another celebrity you would accept all the attention as its part and parcel of being a movie star.. but if you are a hermit, then the attention you are getting is actually affecting your life.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:43:39 PM

I think the experience of being chased by a swarm of reporter is definitely traumatizing
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:48:05 PM

I think that he wants to sue the journalists that made him the "creator" of bitcoin, and when you sue someone you usually need money for it so... he is fundraising money for his expenses.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:57:02 PM

The artwork was featured in an article about Mr Nakamoto in Bitcoin Magazine covering the inside story of how the hunt for Satoshi Nakamoto turned Dorian’s life upside down.  Created by pseudonymous artist and Bitcoin enthusiast cryptograffiti, the artwork features Mr. Nakamoto’s face made from pieces of destroyed credit cards including the signature strip of Mr Nakamoto’s own card. High resolution images of the artwork can be viewed below.

That's one great pic. Thanks for the link.

Here's the pic to scale.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 10:15:48 PM

The artwork was featured in an article about Mr Nakamoto in Bitcoin Magazine covering the inside story of how the hunt for Satoshi Nakamoto turned Dorian’s life upside down.  Created by pseudonymous artist and Bitcoin enthusiast cryptograffiti, the artwork features Mr. Nakamoto’s face made from pieces of destroyed credit cards including the signature strip of Mr Nakamoto’s own card. High resolution images of the artwork can be viewed below.

That's one great pic. Thanks for the link.

Here's the pic to scale.
A little bit off-topic but adding ''not bad'' on the bottom would make it look better

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:27:23 PM

I think the experience of being chased by a swarm of reporter is definitely traumatizing

It is true, unless you want to be talked about by the media. But in this case, a quiet man living a quiet life who just happened to bear the name Nakamoto was pestered by the media isn't a good thing.
brg444

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 10:37:31 PM

I think that he wants to sue the journalists that made him the "creator" of bitcoin, and when you sue someone you usually need money for it so... he is fundraising money for his expenses.

essentially he's a law suit troll?

gotcha

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:14:37 PM

gotcha

he's not a lawsuit troll..
ok.. i think we should dox you, and then report to the media that you are... a drug dealing paedophile, who shoots up schools. then let media knock on your door and hassle you for months. then have all the forums talk about you and want to question every inch of your life.
like speaking to your former employers. research what schools you went to and contact your teachers.
contact your family and ask them personal questions about you.

let me guess, your going to pretend that its ok to make a wild accusation that is false and which would cause millions of people to look at you in a different light. and them millions of people recognizing you.

brg444

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:17:04 PM

gotcha

he's not a lawsuit troll..
ok.. i think we should dox you, and then report to the media that you are... a drug dealing paedophile, who shoots up schools. then let media knock on your door and hassle you for months. then have all the forums talk about you and want to question every inch of your life.
like speaking to your former employers. research what schools you went to and contact your teachers.

contact your family and ask them personal questions about you.

let me guess, your going to pretend that its ok to make a wild accusation that is false and which would cause millions of people to look at you in a different light. and them millions of people recognizing you

Cheesy

get your head checked. "wild accusation". "Bitcoin creator"  Cheesy give me a break.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:22:26 PM

Cheesy

get off me you lunatic. "wild accusation". "Bitcoin creator"  Cheesy give me a break.

get off you..
wow after just 3 posts.. your already annoyed that someone has found it worthy of interacting with you.
after 3 posts you already want me to leave you alone, and call me a lunatic..

atleast you feel 1% what dorian felt.. with newsweek being the lunatic in that case..

and i know you like your privacy too
And no, government will never force me to declare and report whatever amount of Bitcoin I possess. It is none of their business.  
so this was my point. we as a community hate when someone's privacy is invaded, and we feel compassion towards them because we know what it would be like if 10 camera crews were jumping over our garden for no legit reason..

im glad you have finally felt what its like when some stranger is trying to quote you and question you, and you respond with insults.. maybe now you can see why dorian doesnt want his face plastered across the world.

so thank you for your reply.. i hope it has been therapeutic, now that you have felt a little bit of what dorian went through

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:47:03 PM

The guy never did nothing for bitcoin. I actually don't understand why the hell would somebody do a fundraiser for him. There are much more important things the community could be supporting... so why the hell this?
brg444

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:50:15 PM

The guy never did nothing for bitcoin. I actually don't understand why the hell would somebody do a fundraiser for him. There are much more important things the community could be supporting... so why the hell this?

Apparently "we" ruined his life, or so says the guy above.

visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:51:51 PM

This really did change his life though...it is the fault of the journalist. would love to see something happen to them

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:56:01 PM

apparently "media" ruined his life, or so says many compassionate people that actually care about privacy.

the simple thing is, if your not compassionate.. ok, no problem keep your hands in your pockets and get on with your life. concentrate on something that makes you happy. but if you want to know why people are compassionate.. well it takes more then a few posts to teach that moral lesson.

no one is asking you to put your funds anywhere. so i dont see why you negative posters are getting pissy about donations.. if you dont understand the cause, or dont want to learn a few things.. then skip this topic and find another topic

brg444

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:56:41 PM

apparently "media" ruined his life, or so says many compassionate people that actually care about privacy.

the simple thing is, if your not compassionate.. ok, no promlem keep your hands in your pockets and get on with your life. concentrate on something that makes you happy. but if you want to know why people are compassionate.. well it takes more then a few posts to teach that moral lesson.

no one is asking you to put your funds anywhere. so i dont see why you negative posters are getting pissy about donations.. if you dont understand the cause, or dont want to learn a few things.. then skip this topic and find another topic

Roll Eyes

get a grip.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: