Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another movie about - Bitcoin: The end of money as we know it  (Read 637 times)
mixan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:04:16 PM

The only other big budgeted movie that I know of about bitcoin is
The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin released 2014.
This one was released since July of this year.
But have never heard of it.
What are your thoughts on this docu-film about bitcoin?
It's rating is as high as the previous iteration but only 234 users rated it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4654844/

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:42:07 PM

I saw the movie when it first came out couple of months ago or something and I didn't fully see it , but the minutes I saw was pretty good , actually ... the trailer alone was pretty good . and I guess the awards that this movie is more then enough to proof how good is it . So if you didn't see it yet then I'd recommend you to really watch it .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:47:35 PM

I think since the story of bitcoin is still in the beginning, movie about bitcoin seems a bit too early... Maybe in ten years' time when bitcoin is successful (or disappear), a movie/documentary about bitcoin will be more attractive?
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:01:52 PM

Can we also include non bitcoin movie which promotes cryptocurency? I am talking about Dope here:
"Dope" to Become First Movie to Accept Bitcoin for Ticket Purchases (Exclusive)
http://www.thewrap.com/dope-to-become-first-movie-to-accept-bitcoin-for-ticket-purchases-exclusive/
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:11:29 PM

I'm not convinced films about computer stuff appeal to mass audiences unless they also have some action scenes in them like fights and car chases. The Steve Jobs film had a massive budget but its flopped at the box office. Wall Street was linked to high finance but i think it wouldn't have been a hit without Gordon Gekko's antics. I think a bitcoin film would need something more than bitcoin in it to be a hit.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:15:36 PM

Well i just found this movie in torrent,
I saw before the trailer but didn't know that it is available for download.
Going to write here a review about the movie, but it seems very promising Smiley
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 06:29:15 PM

Brilliant docu-film! I tell alot of people who ask me about bitcoin and crypto-currencies to watch this (Aswell as research them online).

I have spoken with Torsten Hoffmann via email asking for rights to show the docu-film at my event next year, very helpful guy!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:44:31 PM

Going to write here a review about the movie, but it seems very promising Smiley

I think (if we are talking about the same film) that it was some controversy with this movie because you had to pay for it and couldn't watch it for free. Some people thought that it was a bad idea to do this, and they would have benefited more by putting it on Youtube and making money off ad revenue.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:56:58 PM

I think (if we are talking about the same film) that it was some controversy with this movie because you had to pay for it and couldn't watch it for free. Some people thought that it was a bad idea to do this, and they would have benefited more by putting it on Youtube and making money off ad revenue.

Well i hate going to cinema because it takes too long to reach it, watch and get back.
But there are some websites which stream it online, with few clicks on google you can found it.
About the movie, what i saw from youtube trailer it gets some opinions from famous and expert people. It seems to be 60minutes this movie.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 08:37:03 PM

im trying to find this film on my native language but seems like im unable to find it out.

everybody is talking really good about this film, maybe i can find some subtitles, i dont want to miss it.

edited: is my lucky day!!! i found the subtitles and on my own language yayyyy, i have something to watch this night Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:44:26 PM

Are any of those movies availble at youtube or do we need to pay to see them?Im sure youtube publicity would be better then make us spend fiat to see a crypto moovie ,but well the list will keep raising.
mixan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:56:10 PM

Isn't this what happened to Rise of bitcoin? And they eventually ended up releasing for free. I don't know what service they released it on but I think it was limited release in L.A or a film festival theater before putting out for everybody to see. I think that is the best way to release movies such as this would be at film festivals like sxsw. http://www.sxsw.com/film

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:08:16 PM

Are any of those movies availble at youtube or do we need to pay to see them?Im sure youtube publicity would be better then make us spend fiat to see a crypto moovie ,but well the list will keep raising.

You have to pay to see the movie, and you should to support the project. This documentary is as entertaining as any I have ever watched and well worth $5 to watch on Amazon video.

ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:11:06 PM

I think that " The rise and rise of bitcoin" had a bigger budget than "The end of money as we know it" so this probably explains why the first one was more popular and known.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: