Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:28:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bringing down the Federal Reserve  (Read 2977 times)
unspy (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 08:55:27 AM

I just read Andrew Craucamp "Tech News" article and thought it
would simulate some good discussion on this forum. I really liked
reading what he had to say, so I hope my comments here are
not view as harsh criticism--albeit, criticism none the less.

Bitcoin: The Significance of Decentralised Currency

Bitcoin is the most resilient of all currencies; unlike others, it can weather a global economic meltdown or even a nuclear war

So far so good. You can read the whole article here:
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/columns/24853-bitcoin-the-significance-of-decentralised-currency.html

Andrew talks about two major flaws he sees in the Federal Reserve System,
(geez, Anderew, only two?). And then he makes reference to "the decentralised
Internet hacktivist group known as Anonymous
."

At this point, Andrew provides a must see videohttp://goo.gl/l0Y2g

As you read this, ...Anonymous is undertaking an effort to hack the Federal Reserve out of existence...The reason Anonymous is doing this brings us to the second flaw in the Federal Reserve Bank. Should control of the Federal Reserve fall into the “wrong hands” they would not only have control over the US Dollar, but through it, control of every other currency in the world

Should?

I'm sure Andrew would agree with me, but this is not a hypothetical (should),
the fact is the FED has fallen into the wrongs hands. Actually, it would be more
correct to say it was brought into existence by the wrong hands (also known as
the "Hidden Hand") Just read Creature From Jekyll Island to learn the whole story.

http://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/0912986212

Now, to address Andrews first point (which I skipped over).

Firstly, if the Fed suddenly disappears, the US Dollar is at great risk of falling into worthlessness. The scare of not having an institution backing the US Dollar could cause it to spiral into diminishing worth.

This is yet another hypothetical. We all know this isn't going to happen.
What would happen is the United Stated Congress would take back their
rightful duty under the Constitution and empower US Treasury to issue
a currency completely independent of the private banking system.

If point of fact, JFK was in the process of doing this before he was shot.

Let's get a few things straight. Number one, the FED is neither Federal,
nor does it have any Reserve. The passage of the Federal Serve Act
in 1929 (same year the IRS began) was one the darkest moments in
American history. It is long over due that we get rid of this corrupt
debt-slavery system. Number two, it is the duty of Congress
"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof."

Currently, we do not have Constitutional money. If we did, it would be
backed by gold and silver as highest Law of the Land stipulates.
My question is this: If we do not have Constitutional money, can
we rightfully claim to have a Constitutional Government?

I submit that we can not, and do not.

It is high time this changed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoolOnTheHill

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 01:19:22 PM

Yes, the FED is a big part of the problem and more people are discovering the facts you have outlined every day.  I think the best way to bring down the FED (and the Fascist regimes it supports) would be to simply boycott the fiat currencies as much as we can.  Bitcoin appears to be one means for doing so, but we need to be even more creative.  Support and build local communities where various forms of barter (and legit currencies like silver coins) can be used.  But use Bitcoin for non-local commerce and avoid the fortune 500 companies.
spectacular

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:15:23 PM

Unfortunately it is the only system people can turn to. It has legal legitimacy, huge amounts of power, a well connected network, etc. But in the last two decades the internet has undermined information communications to an extent that many governments have been powerless (see wikileaks) Bitcoins has even more advantages compared to wikileaks, so theoretically the Bitcoin currency could very well prosper while the governments of the world wash their hands over the matter.
Anonymous

June 11, 2011, 07:17:39 PM

Unfortunately it is the only system people can turn to. It has legal legitimacy, huge amounts of power, a well connected network, etc. But in the last two decades the internet has undermined information communications to an extent that many governments have been powerless (see wikileaks) Bitcoins has even more advantages compared to wikileaks, so theoretically the Bitcoin currency could very well prosper while the governments of the world wash their hands over the matter.
The government won't have any hands to wash. Once you remove power over the world's wealth, you remove essentially all power.
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:58:26 PM

And wikileaks is largely a psy-op.

Wonder why they never cover anything damning regarding the US or the UK?  Just tabloid stuff but for enemies of NATO they release more groundbreaking stuff.  Google the Cass Sunstien and his connection to wikileaks for starters.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:41:14 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2011, 12:50:19 PM by Basiley

actually most feds really believe in things they involved.
trick is find/get to guys behind the scene, in shadow, which is really-really-really see/control/alter "big picture", instead of something virtual/meaningless, not uniform-wearers and/or rest parts of society.
while more feds usually used "in dark" by manipulating [stealthy/overseas]entities for own purposes.
up to events like 911, when insurgents in feds exploit agencies power for favored social transformations.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:55:13 PM

We've got an Alex Jones fan here...  lol

Keep spreadin the word brutha!

Wonder why they never cover anything damning regarding the US or the UK?  Just tabloid stuff but for enemies of NATO they release more groundbreaking stuff.  Google the Cass Sunstien and his connection to wikileaks for starters.

GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 12:38:03 AM

I'm not completely convinced that wikileaks is for real as well but I just googled that stuff and it just seems like assertive bullshit to me.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2011, 11:12:12 PM by BenRayfield

Bring down the (un)Federal Reserve? Don't try this. They have "war on drugs", "war on terror", and probably a war on not fighting enough wars. Do you really want them to officially declare and more strongly pursue a War On Decentralized Society? Please show some self control and lets decentralize society smoothly as Bitcoin and similar programs (more advanced programs ARE coming) continue to give people new abilities, which is a feedback loop creating more freedom and more technology to help us. We should obsolete the (un)Federal Reserve as the last part of decentralizing society, not attack it directly.

Wikileaks not real? The technology level and anger of people at government and corporate bull, are high enough that Wikileaks could be done, but there is also motivation for governments to give us less than the most important documents so we will think such important documents don't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if government did not do Wikileaks, but I would be surprised if civilians didn't do something like Wikileaks because they are so angry about it, so probably Wikileaks is not run by government.

LokeRundt

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:44:14 AM

http://www.shadowstats.com/article/hyperinflation

Revolutions never work, but the current model is unsustainable, and will collapse.

Helping to actualize a decentralized currency is partaking in the next step of evolution.

Hippy Anarchy
*shrug*
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 04:56:20 AM

I'm not completely convinced that wikileaks is for real as well but I just googled that stuff and it just seems like assertive bullshit to me.

Sunstein was at the christening of wikileaks.
Sunstein calls for infiltration and radicalization of opposition to the point it self destructs.
Assange isn't so much the wolf in sheep's clothing as he is a guy trying to overcompensate for his past.

Doesn't matter. Wikileaks is the least of their worries. See ya in the morning.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: