Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:26:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin a FPGA coin?  (Read 7025 times)
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 10:14:47 AM

At this point there is no TRC exchange, so 1 TRC is worth.......anything you can imagine Wink

Greetz
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:52:29 AM

At this point there is no TRC exchange, so 1 TRC is worth.......anything you can imagine Wink

Greetz

And let it stay that way for now! Trade OTC like in the good-old-bitcoin days. At this point, no exchanges are better. It's still not stable and young so totally open to someone selling you a trillion coins and then 51% the network and rewriting the block chain to give all the coins back to themselves.

Just sit on it. Wait. And build stuff with it!

more or less retired.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:10:04 PM

I'm assuming the TRC client doesn't interfere with bitcoin client

and that it is a standalone miner itself...guess I'll have to try it since ufasoft was rejecting my shares sent to the coinotron trc pool

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 08:28:32 PM

Props to the TRC developers (code modifiers) in that TRC addresses look like bitcoin addresses. That is fucking awesome.

Also good job on not changing the BITCOIN logo to the TRC logo (if there is one).
They are "Developpers" according to their website lol

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 11:27:03 PM

I'm assuming the TRC client doesn't interfere with bitcoin client

and that it is a standalone miner itself...guess I'll have to try it since ufasoft was rejecting my shares sent to the coinotron trc pool

I wonder if the Bitcoin GUI would connect to the Terracoin dameon. hmmmm, and only if you could make the gui switch coins as you needed.....

more or less retired.
miner2049

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:25:35 PM

I just got home from seeing the new Bond flick.  It was OK.  I saw in the saw in the system tray location near my clock that I mined a 20TRC block.  I'd like to donate to you and subStrata for helping me out, but I can't find the transaction. When I opened up my Terracoin client it said that I have one transaction, but I don't have an unconfirmed balance, or a confirmed balance.  Since I've never mined a coin before, do I have to wait until it is mature to see it in my wallet?

Yes, you have to wait 120 conformations - that means 120 blocks to be solved after one you solved - for 20 TRC you've mined to
become available for spending. It's a security measure, and it's neccessary, since mining is the only way new coins are generated
and enter the Bitcoin system. For new coins to become accepted by system, they must be legit beyond reasonable doubt, which
is what 120 conformations insure.

Thanks subStrata,

That makes sense.  I thought that is what was happening.

I know how to tip a bartender and a cabbie, but how do I know what a TRC is worth to 'tip' or donate to you and FuzzyBear for your help.

Any thoughts what is commonly done?

Thanks,
miner2049

Hi subStrata and FuzzyBear,

I just got my second block mined and so far even the first one mined the other day hasn't shown up on my TRC wallet.

I took a screen shot of the incoming transaction of the mining block and it had an address that wasn't in my wallet as of yet. 

Why does the block come in with an address that isn't in my wallet?

Do I have to do anything to let the transaction appear in my wallet?

My wallet says two transactions, but so far no actual TRC value has been transferred. I realize that I need to wait beyond 120 confirmations. Will it take a week or more?

Thanks,
miner2049

http://s5.postimage.org/pckb77zg7/2012_11_11_Mined_TRC_2nd_block.png

http://s5.postimage.org/u9xvsc1fb/2012_11_11_TRC_Wallet_2_transactions.png
girafon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:43:23 PM

120 confirmations should take 4 hours or so, do you see your mined transactions while using the console ?

(Help / Debug Window / Console)
then typing listtransactions

you should see your transactions with a "immature" type
miner2049

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM

120 confirmations should take 4 hours or so, do you see your mined transactions while using the console ?

(Help / Debug Window / Console)
then typing listtransactions

you should see your transactions with a "immature" type

This is what I got

15:46:14

[
{
"account" : "",
"address" : "17n5bS6GKYXuyLxkNe7y5mWtJ54JHH4rke",
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 20.00000000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"generated" : true,
"txid" : "dd51117cf8803bf6e3b46ecf85641b4364cdbd22e643cade372f06641d1eb763",
"time" : 1352508960,
"timereceived" : 1352508964
},
{
"account" : "Mined TRC",
"address" : "1JpeWDubXaexR83wC5rwBdvPiSgVVJg3y1",
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 20.00000000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"generated" : true,
"txid" : "07401996dbe8f50d0692d8ca236913a99ac25bed003b061e177e34856d7fd020",
"time" : 1352658025,
"timereceived" : 1352658030
}
]
girafon

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 12:10:56 AM

two orphan blocks in a row ? ouch ..

Other posts here indicates it could be related to networking problems, Some thinks forwarding inbound port to the machine running your client may help, dunno that much to tell though..
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 12:16:05 AM

Other posts here indicates it could be related to networking problems, Some thinks forwarding inbound port to the machine running your client may help, dunno that much to tell though..

I solo  mined for a bit before the pools came out and never had any issues with the client. Thankfully I didnt getting any orphans either... unlucky indeed.

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
miner2049

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 12:39:44 AM

So does that mean that either I'm mining with a bad configuration or that I need to join a pool to prevent getting an orphaned block?

Or is it something else?
miner2049

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 03:32:55 AM

So does that mean that either I'm mining with a bad configuration or that I need to join a pool to prevent getting an orphaned block?

Or is it something else?

How many nodes - other wallet clients - are you connected to? On my side, it's usualy 25 - 30 connections. For solo mining,
you should be connected to as many as possible so that information about block you solved propagate fast to many nodes.

How do I know how many nodes I am connected to?

inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:20:40 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 01:50:38 PM by inbox

miner2049

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 04:56:26 AM

Or is it something else?

How many nodes - other wallet clients - are you connected to? On my side, it's usualy 25 - 30 connections. For solo mining,
you should be connected to as many as possible so that information about block you solved propagate fast to many nodes.

How do I know how many nodes I am connected to?

if you're using the qt client, hover over the network bars in the lower right corner.

I have 8 connections.  How can I get more connections if this is not enough?

inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 05:02:44 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 01:49:57 PM by inbox

miner2049

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 09:58:32 PM

I have 8 connections.  How can I get more connections if this is not enough?

It could be you are still using one of older Terracoin clients, which had uPnP disabled. I suggest you to install newest version:

1. Exit client.
2. Download newest version from Terracoin website.
3. Unpack files (overwrite existing ones) to location where you have client installed.
4. Start client.

Let it run for a while, like 15 minutes, than check number of connections.

I did all the steps

1. exited client
2. Downloaded the new version the new Terracoin logo
3. completely removed all Terracoin files from the roaming folder and also the main Terracoin folder that had the client (i.d the exe files) (the only files I kept were the conf file and the wallet file.)
4. unpacked and ran the client for 15 min, but I still have only 8 connections.

Hmmm........something on my end isn't setup correctly.  Troubleshooting is a pain.

but, thank you for your help again.  I'm still confused as to why it's not working the way it should.

Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 10:08:09 PM

I just installed over the old one its working for me

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
girafon

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 10:11:08 PM

It could be you are still using one of older Terracoin clients, which had uPnP disabled. I suggest you to install newest version:

1. Exit client.
3. Unpack files (overwrite existing ones) to location where you have client installed.
4. Start client.

I did all the steps

1. exited client
3. completely removed all Terracoin files from the roaming folder and also the main Terracoin folder that had the client (i.d the exe files) (the only files I kept were the conf file and the wallet file.)

Hmmm........something on my end isn't setup correctly.  Troubleshooting is a pain.

but, thank you for your help again.  I'm still confused as to why it's not working the way it should.

If you want incoming connections, and your router is not UPNP-enabled, you have to configure it to forward inbound port to the machine running your client.
(tcp 13333  for node to node communication, for terracoi)
miner2049

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 08:34:24 AM

1. Exit client.
4. Start client.

I did all the steps

1. exited client

If you want incoming connections, and your router is not UPNP-enabled, you have to configure it to forward inbound port to the machine running your client.

subSTRATA,

Checking my router worked.  I configured it to enable UPNP and now I have close to 36 active connections. 

thanks, that worked.

So what is the likelihood that with difficulty over 9000 that I can mine a block with 27MH?

It it's not worth it, which is the safest pool to join?  too bad Eligius doesn't have a TRC pool.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:02:30 AM

I have 8 connections.  How can I get more connections if this is not enough?

1. Exit client.
4. Start client.

I did all the steps

1. exited client

subSTRATA,

Checking my router worked.  I configured it to enable UPNP and now I have close to 36 active connections. 

thanks, that worked.

So what is the likelihood that with difficulty over 9000 that I can mine a block with 27MH?

It it's not worth it, which is the safest pool to join?  too bad Eligius doesn't have a TRC pool.

I'm on coinotron at the moment, doing quite fine there. What do you mean by Safest? I never heard of anything happening to someone from connecting to their pool. (I guess besides your coins being stolen- but I've had only good experince with coinotron)

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: