Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: litespeed web server 2-CPU Owned licenses  (Read 3381 times)
camolist (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 09:40:51 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 06:45:37 PM by camolist

i have 6 owned 2cpu licenses to litespeed web server for sale

http://litespeedtech.com/overview.html

the litespeed license will be transferred by litespeed fully to your own account on their website (if you do not yet have an account they ask you to purchase "Account Merge / Transfer Manually" for $20 at https://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php?gid=5 to get an account setup to transfer into)

asking price is 450.25 usd in bitcoins
this is $799 software and only needs a $149 support/updates contract to make it the same thing people pay litespeed 799 for (i can get this for you for an additional 111.75 since i get discounts for having multiple licenses)

this is an awesome product and has served me well for years. i am just no longer running the part of my business that required it and am looking to recover some of the owned license cost

great software. replace apache not the hardware

i'll also consider donating the use of a license to any worthwhile bitcoin project if you pay the $111.75/year updates/support contract to litespeed

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:48:13 PM

Why donate..? The forums are making over $4,000 a month in profit. Admin should stop being cheap and buy his own server upgrade.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 09:56:43 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 06:49:34 PM by camolist

Why donate..? The forums are making over $4,000 a month in profit. Admin should stop being cheap and buy his own server upgrade.

i'll eventually donate to the forum either way. it has helped me learn a lot and make sales

the original intent of that was not even targeted at the forum. it's for any bitcoin project. i just made the offer to give a license to the forum (and cover the support/updates contract) because i have noticed it being slow lately

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 07:11:50 AM

Over 3 months no one wants your litespeed server licenses they are useless.

that explains a well off business selling them to many high end web hosts  Cheesy

useless != so far no one on this forum having a website popular enough to require it (or realizing the benefits)

sold 4 of them in the past at asking price for PayPal. could easily sell for PayPal if i was in a rush. I'm more interested in getting BTC or letting them sit till any future projects i need them for arise

edit: always enjoyable to see highlighted ignore links on people posting negative content Smiley

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 07:31:27 AM

LOL yea ok, you do know that litespeed is like apache just more friendlier towards people who know nothing about web servers...

LOL cause that totally means something LOL

it means enough people are ignoring you for pointless or annoying posts

maybe I know nothing. i mean running web services with google analytics listing "3,081,125,454 page views 08-12" 5-10 TB OUT DAILY every bit of which was PHP dynamic pages (proxies.. PHP loading every thing down to images embedded into pages)

or maybe some well respected webhosts like to just spend money pointlessly on useless software

http://steadfast.net/blog/index.php/general/deploying-litespeed

nginx maybe can compete in some cases if configured perfectly but to say apache is remotely similar LOL

not sure anyone can take you seriously

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 07:40:36 AM

it means enough people are ignoring you for pointless or annoying posts

Look everyone that has good ideas on here have some ignores LOL some the smartest people on this forum have ignores as I said means nothing.

maybe I know nothing. i mean running web services with google analytics listing "3,081,125,454 page views 08-12" 5-10 TB OUT DAILY every bit of which was PHP dynamic pages (proxies.. PHP loading every thing down to images embedded into pages)

or maybe some well respected webhosts like to just spend money pointlessly on useless software

http://steadfast.net/blog/index.php/general/deploying-litespeed

nginx maybe can compete in some cases if configured perfectly but to say apache is remotely similar LOL

not sure anyone can take you seriously

Litespeed is built on apache so apparently you have no idea. I doubt you run any web site that has that many hits but ok I give you that. Then you would have realized that running apache as the load balancer with nginx as the end point for a request is probably better for a 3m uniques / day, not that I would know cause I never worked on apache systems LMAO Dude just stop your a person that probably brought it thinking you were going to run a great site, you didn't now you don't want to pay for the $400 for the license. Anyone stupid enough to buy that shouldn't have any web site. BTW they only power 90,000 sites, that is like nothing... So you messed up did some bad research and now your just mad I called you out on it, it is ok dude, like just own it, you got to.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 07:53:55 AM

Litespeed is built on apache so apparently you have no idea. I doubt you run any web site that has that many hits but ok I give you that. Then you would have realized that running apache as the load balancer with nginx as the end point for a request is probably better for a 3m uniques / day, not that I would know cause I never worked on apache systems LMAO Dude just stop your a person that probably brought it thinking you were going to run a great site, you didn't now you don't want to pay for the $400 for the license. Anyone stupid enough to buy that shouldn't have any web site. BTW they only power 90,000 sites, that is like nothing... So you messed up did some bad research and now your just mad I called you out on it, it is ok dude, like just own it, you got to.

you should go take a second to research ad rates

maybe you'll see i made off quite nicely on these licenses  Roll Eyes

edit:
rise and fall of the site; hence the "this is an awesome product and has served me well for years. i am just no longer running the part of my business that required it and am looking to recover some of the owned license cost" in the OP

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 08:33:13 AM

First off 200,000 / day uniques would not require that type of server, so you have no idea what your doing... hence why you brought it.

OK. first claim I didn't really have a popular site. now I still didn't know what i was doing even though such site did exist

lets recap what the site was doing

200,000 * 22 (average page views per visit) = 4400000 page views/day (some more some less but a long stretch of very similar days so lets use that here)

each page view in this case is PHP proxy downloading a remote site. editing all links, javascript, css, to point back to that PHP file and forwarding edited content onto the user. so lets figure a average page has what, 25 embedded files? that seems a bit conservative. that would mean 110000000 PHP hits/day or 1273/second which is VERY conservative because the majority of hits happened during US school hours so closer to 2500-3000 PHP files being loaded/second during school hours

thread TLTR ~900mbit/sec (of that half up / half down) PHP + litespeed | downloading + editing and forwarding pages onto users at ~2500 hits/sec during peak hours on the longest stretch using four 2007 era CPUs / 2gb of ram servers (not counting the 3 700 mbit youtube forwarder servers in these stats as that could have easily been handled by apache used litespeed..because you know why not when it is working so well for everything else and money is flying in) if gweedo is to be believed i obviously had a horrible website idea and lost money on these licenses and just want to sell them to get that back Roll Eyes

keep telling yourself that having good ideas gets you ignores  Roll Eyes

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 09:25:22 AM

PHP proxies aren't that intense if your using the correct regex, you kinda just proved my theory you have no idea of what you are talking about. Also the most intense part of a PHP proxy is grabbing the image data into memory and then returning it to the browser. So you probably could have better success with memcache then getting this web server.

LOL i love how you keep going back to the ignores cause you got nothing on me, ignores mean nothing LOL people with ignores are cooler anyway LMAO

alright. we obviously have differing opinions

it is what it is. a piece of software that many people find useful. you may not think it is useful so don't buy it. does not mean it was not the centerpiece of many profitable projects

doesn't bitcoin need a larger market? how is adding something that obviously has value (see webhostingtalk for all the webhosts headlining their use of litespeed as a feature) to the bitcoin market harmful? could easily be sold for paypal on other sites but i'd prefer to keep it in the bitcoin community if it continues to sit unused like it has since april 2012 that makes no difference to me as it has LONG since paid for itself multitudes of times over

making up false claims that i am just trying to make back a loss. that i didn't have a popular website. are pointless when proven fake

i offer to mutually delete all this nonsense ? or your random fake claims about my past can live in this thread forever. doesn't really matter to me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: