Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:15:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Answered] Bug Report & Email Validation For en.bitcoin.it  (Read 635 times)
TimXCampbell (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 11:31:57 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2012, 05:37:15 AM by TimXCampbell

As a newb I'm limited in where I can post things but it seems I should report — somewhere! — the fact that there's a problem with the Bitcoin Wiki at en.bitcoin.it

I signed up to act as a proof-reader because I spotted some really bad punctuation in there, plus a few odd turns of phrase. Bitcoin probably has a bit of an uphill struggle so there's no point in scaring people off with easily avoidable mistakes. So I figured I could help out there. I'm not a professional editor but I know I can tweak some of the text in the FAQ for improved readability without altering content.

Okay, here's the problem. Well, problems. First, I've been seeing these messages saying, in part, "Cannot open source device ins /www/b/bi/bitcoin.it/www/phase3/includes/CryptRand.php on line 281.

Whoopsie! This might explain why I'm not getting my confirmation email. Or not. In any case, it looks like a problem (duh) and perhaps somebody will know who to tell about it.

I apologize if this isn't the best place to mention this sort of thing but as a newb my options are limited.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 02:12:48 AM

First, I've been seeing these messages saying, in part, "Cannot open source device ins /www/b/bi/bitcoin.it/www/phase3/includes/CryptRand.php on line 281.

Ya, I've submitted this to the channel that the Wiki's operator (MagicalTux) monitors, but I haven't confirmed that the message was received.  I'll try again.

This might explain why I'm not getting my confirmation email.

You can force it to try again to send out a confirmation by clicking on your Account Preferences and click Confirm your e-mail address:
 - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Special:ConfirmEmail
Then click on the "Mail a confirmation code" button.  It should then deliver the message.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

TimXCampbell (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 05:35:27 AM

Stephen Gornick, thanks for that prod to try the re-send again. I'd tried it twice earlier today and it didn't work but this time it did. I'm now validated email-wise.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: