Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Powatag - We need BTC to do this watch the short vid  (Read 383 times)
mskryxz (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:41:13 AM

I did a search and did not find any posts on Powatag. I was wondering what are your thoughts on it and is this something bitcoin can do or if/are there any wallets developing something similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or0L7UnaP6g

For those too lazy, basically it's like a digital wallet except it connects your credit card. Any item that has a QR code that you happen to see either on TV or in real life, you can buy it and have it shipped to you.

I haven't researched much yet but it looks like it competes directly with BTC and digital wallets and so far they raised 97 million last year.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:59:54 AM

bitcoin wallets already have QR code readers..

the issue is not about an app, or bitcoin.. its about getting shops to accept the payment method.
if the shops don't accept it, then customers can't use it, and thus not worth advertising..

so if you ignore the FIAT lovers who want adverts now to hype up the price. and actually talk to professional bitcoin enthusiasts. the main thing we should be concentrating on is getting retailers onboard. and then LATER, it will be time for consumer advertising.

so lets relax about the consumer advertising and gimmicks, lets get bitcoin more useful first and then once useful, bitcoin would be more ready for main stream advertising..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: