Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcopia.com is now live and taking orders! (BTC -> USD and USD -> BTC)  (Read 3697 times)
Bitcopia (OP)

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:04:58 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 10:46:03 PM by Bitcopia

Bitcopia.com is bitcoin's newest buyer and seller of bitcoins providing instant quotes based on live Mt Gox prices.

Buy bitcoins with cash deposit at Wells Fargo.
Sell bitcoins for:

Cash in Mail (USPS Express Mail)
Cash Deposit (Wells Fargo)
ACH Bank Transfer (Wells Fargo / Bank of America)
Check
Money Order
Dwolla

Bitcopia's philosophy is that when it comes to buying and selling bitcoins:

1.   Instant quotes should be given and honored.
2.   Third party payments should be an option, not a requirement.
3.   Bitcoin transactions should be offered in an anonymous manner.

Instant quotes based on real time Mt. Gox prices are the backbone of our philosophy. When you place an order, you know exactly what you're going to get and when you're going to get it. All transactions are made as anonymous as possible and can be completed in cash.

Bitcopia went live at 12:00 AM EST tonight. We are glad to announce that we will accepting all "Sell" orders immediately, followed shortly by "Buy" orders. Please check us out! www.bitcopia.com
Zeeks

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:12:45 AM

You should put a link in your post somewhere. I know people can just go type in bitcopia.com into their address bar but you should make it as easy as possible for passing eyeballs to land on your site.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:17:18 AM

Good idea Zeeks. I'm on it!
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 10:45:27 PM

Today was a success! A big thank you to those who placed their first orders with us.

We are now accepting Buy orders as well!

Please check us out and spread the word about your experience with Bitcopia.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:49:33 AM

Good warning from subSTRATA.

Bitcopia accepts sell orders from as low as $20, and there is no minimum limit for buy orders. If you would like to place a sell order and are uncomfortable with our minimum for a specific payout method, send us an email. We will be happy to make some exceptions as we strive to build our credibility.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:56:09 PM

I like the site design Smiley  So nice to see some good design work finally happening in bitcoinland.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:21:06 PM

I like the site design Smiley  So nice to see some good design work finally happening in bitcoinland.

Thanks, I appreciate it! We still need to put some final touches on it, but we're happy with the way it came out.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:30:44 PM

Wonderful. Another "exchange" with no contact information but a gmail adress and an anonymified registration.

Have fun getting your stuff stolen, kids.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:45:20 PM

Wonderful. Another "exchange" with no contact information but a gmail adress and an anonymified registration.

Ouch...

We are registered with the City of Richmond, VA as Bitcopia, and have a business checking account at Wells Fargo DBA Bitcopia. I paid a lot of money to have the site developed. I chose gmail over the email at my server because I am familiar with it. I chose private registration because godaddy recommended it.

I don't know how to prove that we're legit other than waiting for more people to try us out. Any suggestions on how to gain credibility are accepted and appreciated. Thanks.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:56:53 PM

Ouch...

We are registered with the City of Richmond, VA as Bitcopia,

Strange how the Virginia State Corporations Commision has no record of this: https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/Find/Business?SearchTerm=bitcopia

I wonder why that is.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:10:19 PM

Ouch...

We are registered with the City of Richmond, VA as Bitcopia,

Strange how the Virginia State Corporations Commision has no record of this: https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/Find/Business?SearchTerm=bitcopia

I wonder why that is.

Registered with the City of Richmond with a fictitious business name. Bitcopia is not a corporation or an LLC. When we start making significant income to necessitate the formation of such an entity, we plan on doing so. If you don't like the way we look, then please give us a chance before you accuse us of being scammers. You can just buy 1 BTC.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:15:31 PM

You keep saying "we". Am I right in assuming that this exchange is being run by more then one person?
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:22:26 PM

You keep saying "we". Am I right in assuming that this exchange is being run by more then one person?

No it's owned solely by myself, but I have contracted a developer and a designer.
greyhawk

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

That's very misleading, don't you think?

Only love.
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:40:57 PM

That's very misleading, don't you think?

Only love.

A few years ago, I read a book called the 4 hour work week by Timothy Ferris. He recommended always referring to yourself as "we" for your sole ventures because it gives people a better image of your company. I got in the habit of referring to my old personal training company as "we." And maybe now I have an ever so slight case of schizophrenia. I kid, I kid. But you're right. It is misleading, even if only in the slightest way. As I remain a sole proprietor for the foreseeable future, I shall no longer refer to Bitcopia as "we."

greyhawk, you're not making this easy for me! I just hope more people will give me a chance and place small orders and leave feedback on this forum.

I almost wrote, "I just hope more people will give us a chance..." This is going to take some active effort.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3090

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 10:00:54 PM

Registered with the City of Richmond with a fictitious business name.

If one of your first acts is to lie to a government agency, I don't hold much hope of you being successful.   Sad

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 10:47:52 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 11:02:08 PM by Bitcopia

Registered with the City of Richmond with a fictitious business name.

If one of your first acts is to lie to a government agency, I don't hold much hope of you being successful.   Sad

It's quite the opposite of lying to a government agency. It's registering myself with the county clerk to operate under an assumed or fictitious name.

http://www.scc.virginia.gov/clk/befaq/fict.aspx

"What is a fictitious name?

A fictitious name is a name that a person (individual or business entity) uses instead of the person's true name, usually in the course of transacting or offering to transact business. It is sometimes referred to as an "assumed name" or "trade name," and it is often identified after a person’s true name with the abbreviation "t/a" ("trading as"), "dba" ("doing business as"), or "aka" ("also known as")."

You guys are quite a tough crowd.  Wink I know better than to lie to the government.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 04:26:29 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2012, 05:14:20 PM by naima53

Hello ! This exchange (as Mt Gox) or trade with leverage (as Bitcoinica) ?
I'm a gambler and I feel drug withdrawal symptoms when I can not trade (or calm in the market) Tongue

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Bitcopia (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:24:52 PM

Hello ! This exchange (as Mt Gox) or trade with leverage (as Bitcoinica) ?
I'm a gambler and I feel drug withdrawal symptoms when I can not trade (or calm in the market) Tongue

Hi there! Bitcopia offers no leverage as we are simply a buyer and seller of bitcoins. Our prices are quoted based on a live Mt Gox feed. If you would like to get more familiar with the order process before actually committing to our service, you can always place an order and simply leave it unfunded. However, if you do this, please let us know by writing "testing" in the "Notes" field. Let me know if you have any more questions.
waterskeer

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 06:15:23 PM

I performed a small order with bitcopia and everything went well and he held up his end of the deal.
Still is new, so can't guarantee he will be legit for long term, but I will probably do another transaction with him again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: