Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: International Butterfly Labs Customers, Device Hosting Service in Oregon!  (Read 2195 times)
SysRun (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 04:51:30 PM

If you're shipping your new Butterfly Labs SC product internationally and you're worried customs delays might cost you valuable time, please allow me to help!

There is a temporary need for hosting immediately following BFL's SC product line release date and what I'm offering is a device hosting service during this volatile growth in bitcoin network difficulty.

For more details send me a PM or check out the link below over on the BFL Forums.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php/37-International-Customs-Delay-(Solved)

Questions and comments welcome.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:46:14 PM

Questions and comments welcome.

Will you have insurance protecting against fire, flood and/or physical theft of the equipment?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 06:11:46 PM

A great question given the current extreme weather events in some parts of the country. There is a renter's insurance policy in place for the facility that would cover any electronics, among other things, so yes.

Also, I'm looking for translators to help get the word out about this service. Contact me and we'll talk about compensation.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 12:56:03 AM

A great question given the current extreme weather events in some parts of the country. There is a renter's insurance policy in place for the facility that would cover any electronics, among other things, so yes.

Also, I'm looking for translators to help get the word out about this service. Contact me and we'll talk about compensation.

Well, physical theft is the most likely risk, if I had to guess.

Your renter's insurance doesn't generally cover losses for your customer's equipment.    There might be a commercial policy that you could get that would explicitly cover this, I'm not sure. 

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:22:32 AM

The insurance is provided by the business owner, my employer, who is allowing me to use the space for this service.

I asked him earlier today about clients' possessions being covered and he said they were and that it was a requirement for us to be able to get work with some clients.

I want everyone who is interested to get as much information as they need, so keep the questions coming!

And if you're in the US, don't forget to vote!

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 01:26:00 PM

The insurance is provided by the business owner, my employer, who is allowing me to use the space for this service.

I asked him earlier today about clients' possessions being covered and he said they were and that it was a requirement for us to be able to get work with some clients.

I want everyone who is interested to get as much information as they need, so keep the questions coming!

And if you're in the US, don't forget to vote!

Who should I vote for?
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:56:51 PM

Its not who but what. Vote for those issues that match best with your interests, right?

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:24:34 PM

Well, physical theft is the most likely risk, if I had to guess.

Back in May when I was considering being involved in ASIC biz on my risk assessment physical theft of ASIC hardware showed the risk off the charts. To mitigate, it must be not just renters insurance and not just your typical office. It must be specialized insurance and a data-center with military grade security.

YMMV

-
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:07:09 PM

I'm offering short term hosting for hardware that is going to exponentially decline in its ROI. I'm not hosting any minirig SCs, just Single SCs and Little Single SCs. The company where the devices will be hosted are very concerned with security.

While theft may be the most likely risk, it is still a very very low risk. The location is in an office building that has several levels of security. Anyone who might be interested in this hosting can head over to http://goo.gl/o30uF

And in the hypothetical case that I'm wrong, insurance will cover it.

I absolutely expect a high level of scrutiny from this forum given its shady past and even present. I appreciate it, but it may be a bit misguided to think that military grade security is necessary. I respect your opinion, but that's not what I'm offering. I'm offering high security and low risk.

Thanks for your input Vladimir.

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 10:37:47 PM

How will the whole thing work... The international shipping is already payed, so I have to contact BFL for a refund of the shipping and change the address or what. Can you please explain a little more.

Of course the biggest question. What guaranties do we have that you will not run away with the hardware and the mined coins?

Thank you Wink

SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

Hey 2GOOD. I'm PMing you using the butterfly labs forum. We can continue the conversation there.

poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:04:10 PM

Why would anyone want to ship their miner to you? What is to prevent you from using those miners before you re-ship them? Sounds too fishy to me.
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 02:41:44 AM

It made sense before BFL modified their shipping options. Its all in the OP if you want to click through.

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:31:34 AM

I'm going to have BFL host my mini-rig SCs in their datacenter.  I haven't asked what they plan to charge, but I believe they're basing the service on Inaba's offering to host the original mini-rigs for $300/month per unit.  1140W for an FPGA mini-rig vs. 1500W for a mini-rig SC leads me to assume the pricing will be comparable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: