Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some lessons from hurricane Sandy  (Read 798 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 07:57:05 PM

at least 110 dead in the USA
11 million+ without electric
sewage backing up
gas shortages
food shortages
water shortages and contamination
looting
violence
crime
frustration and despair

If you thought prepping was crazy, just take a look at what those are going through who didnt prepare.

Please start researching and preparing.

You dont have to tell anyone about it if you feel weird... but just DO IT.

The life you save may be your own, or your kids'.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 08:24:12 PM

If you thought prepping was crazy, just take a look at what those are going through who didn't prepare.

+1000

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:26:33 PM

Please start researching and preparing.

This was a timely post by David Perry:

Psychology has long understood that the stereotypical Hollywood imagery of people running panicked during a disaster is in fact a very rare case. Mawson's (PDF warning) social attachment model, for instance, fairly accurately describes the way we social beasts tend to flock together in times of crisis, gathering around what he refers to as "attachment figures" - our children, families, familiar places or objects. Even at a subconscious level, we recognize the obvious power in numbers and tend to group during times of distress, rather than run. In instances of panic, we tend not to run around like crazy people so long as there's something familiar to flock around.
- http://codinginmysleep.com/the-pirate-effect

The Mawson's paper:
 - http://bit.ly/U4QDc1  <-- PDF in Google Docs viewer
 - http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/ciag/conference/articles/s2006/mawson_understanding_mass_panic.pdf

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

C10H15N

Activity: 869
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:26:42 PM

My doomsday plan is a cache of assault weapons and a map to all the local preppers...   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:30:32 PM

My doomsday plan is a cache of assault weapons and a map to all the local preppers...   Grin

I see a fatal flaw in your plan.

We know about the likes of you, and have a cache of weapons too.

And if you have a map to the local Morman "bishop's store" I'll eat my hat.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 08:36:31 PM

I see a fatal flaw in your plan.

We know about the likes of you, and have a cache of weapons too.

Yes, when you come, please bring all your ammunition with you. It will save me the trip and the effort of hunting down the rest of your cache. Thanks.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: