Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help a gal out?? looking for bitcoins in canada  (Read 1066 times)
sunspotss (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 12:06:58 AM

hello!!! canadians?? Grin

im looking for someone willing to sell me 20-25 bitcoins(=/240$) via interac E transfer.

i was just going to use bitinstant, but for some god awful reason its not working. the coding is all screwy and the drop down boxes are blank and i dont get it.

(-- is bitinstant not compatible with ubuntu or something heinous like that??)

anyways i do have good feedback from a guy on localbitcoins who sold me about the same amount a month ago via e transfer, he is unable to help me atm though so, im hoping someone round here will. i can get you a link to my profile if you want to read the feedback--

i do have a vitex account and cannot use it because my ID was gnawed on by my dog and when going through the verification process they said its suspicious because it has a small crack on the side.. (basically exactly what they told me, they said id need to get a new id because of the damage to my current one) which is complete crap because my current id isnt even close to expired...  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:49:40 AM

im looking for someone willing to sell me 20-25 bitcoins(=/240$) via interac E transfer.

If you don't find a trade here, you can try on the #bitcoin-cad channel, perhaps someone there is looking to swell.
 - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-cad

i was just going to use bitinstant, but for some god awful reason its not working. the coding is all screwy and the drop down boxes are blank and i dont get it.

They don't have any cash deposit methods in Canada yet, and their Online Bank Transfer, which was launched as a beta feature, currently responds with an error for me.

they said id need to get a new id because of the damage to my current one

Seriously?

The more these exchanges start to look like banks the more dire the need for a peer-network of individual traders.  There's nobody else on LocalBitcoins?  Or have you put up a request to buy coins?  Sometimes miners won't list themselves but do look for a buyer through the site.
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:57:47 AM

They call me the scambuster...

This is probably a scam. Sorry if you're legitimately incapable of using a web site.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
cosmicboy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:54:37 PM

Cavirtex does not require an ID...you sound like a scammer.

-cb
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:56:25 PM

-cb
Actually, you do if you want to move any real amount of money through there.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:19:40 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 12:06:01 AM by Stephen Gornick

Actually, you do if you want to move any real amount of money through there.

Either way, VirtEx doesn't take Interac ...

Time to start working on finding people locally who are willing to trade.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

cosmicboy

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:50:29 PM

"Actually, you do if you want to move any real amount of money through there."

Sure but I was responding to the $240 request...also one could move lots of money simply by having multiple accounts...

-cb
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:09:31 AM

They call me the scambuster...

This is probably a scam. Sorry if you're legitimately incapable of using a web site.
As a rule of the thumb, just insist on escrow every time you deal with a new user. Takes the hassle out of the scam-figuring part.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 04:24:01 AM

use what everyone else in canada uses

https://www.cavirtex.com/

sending money their is very easy. you can send money with "PAY BILL" which is just like paying your hydro bill online.

or you can just do a direct deposit into their bank acc.

i do have a vitex account and cannot use it because my ID was gnawed on by my dog and when going through the verification process they said its suspicious because it has a small crack on the side.. (basically exactly what they told me, they said id need to get a new id because of the damage to my current one) which is complete crap because my current id isnt even close to expired...  Angry

"MY DOG ATE MY ID!"
wow!  Cheesy

I smell a scammer.....
virtex use to take E transfers, but they had to stop due to fraud.

bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:02:02 PM

Interac is a tool for scammers in Canada. e-transfer is sent, bitcoins delivered, and then e-tranfer debated (hacked online bank account) = funds returned while bitcoins are gone..
tredel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:33:27 PM

I read this and the first thing that came into my mind was someone is a good e -whorer, and utilized those skills to steal bitcoins lol
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:34:24 PM

I read this and the first thing that came into my mind was someone is a good e -whorer, and utilized those skills to steal bitcoins lol

I read this and the first thing that came to my mind is that you should not have been allowed out of the newbie section. This thread is from 2012.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: