Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nervous freak lost his coins through blockchain?  (Read 2021 times)
nervousfreak (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:05:11 AM

I was gonna send 26.13 coins to the address 1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc
I used blockchain.info and sent it using their anonymous option..

now, several hours later (more then 3 hours ago now) nothing has happened, have not received the coins. If you check out https://blockchain.info/address/1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc there are two transactions coming to that address, but they're both unconfirmed.. 
it seems to be for the right amount at least if you add them both together minus fees for the mixing.

When I check "my transactions" in blockchain.info , it does NOT list the address 1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc in to/from for the last transaction I made from the wallet, but another address.

Why is not blockexplorer showing any activity for this address I sent the bitcoins to? http://blockexplorer.com/address/1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc

Nervous freak is getting really nervous now, please advice and tell me everything is cool... I was quite sure I double checked the receiving address before sending and since blockchain.info shows that there are two transactions coming there it should be cool huh? Do i need to chill down and wait?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:21:02 AM

I was gonna send 26.13 coins to the address 1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc
I used blockchain.info and sent it using their anonymous option..

now, several hours later (more then 3 hours ago now) nothing has happened, have not received the coins. If you check out https://blockchain.info/address/1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc there are two transactions coming to that address, but they're both unconfirmed.. 
it seems to be for the right amount at least if you add them both together minus fees for the mixing.

When I check "my transactions" in blockchain.info , it does NOT list the address 1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc in to/from for the last transaction I made from the wallet, but another address.

Why is not blockexplorer showing any activity for this address I sent the bitcoins to? http://blockexplorer.com/address/1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc

Nervous freak is getting really nervous now, please advice and tell me everything is cool... I was quite sure I double checked the receiving address before sending and since blockchain.info shows that there are two transactions coming there it should be cool huh? Do i need to chill down and wait?
If you sent it using their anonymous option, why do you expect them to use the same coins you sent them?  Makes no sense.

I also heard that anonymous sends can take several hours, based on their mixing.  They're an honest bunch, you'll get your coins.  Check it again tomorrow.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:30:06 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/1LLjPPzFEYmdFcswPBvUY6vjnGvNEEXQvc there are two transactions coming to that address, but they're both unconfirmed.. 
This indicates that blockinfo just shows a future placeholder for the anticipated transaction.

Mixing takes time. Mixing works by spreading the amount throughout several addresses and then funnel them back into a target. The more spread out the activity is over time, the larger the de-correlation. I don't have experience with their service, but I would give it a day, maybe a week.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:31:42 AM

why do people check boxes and agree with stuff they don't understand?
lol?
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:38:06 AM

I think they queue up the transactions to space out the times sent and received. Probably nothing to worry about.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
nervousfreak (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:42:43 AM

ok, looks like the transaction will reach its destination eventually then. But seriously, a week? Had I know that I had to sweat for a week I wouldn't not have done the mixing.. Have anyone had any experience with blockchain.info's mixing service? Does it really take up to a week?

If that's the case, I need to ask if there are any better services to mix your coins in?
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:46:30 AM

Don't panic. It's going to be ok. But, your coins will be a little less anonymous since you made this post.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:46:50 AM

I recommend readind the FAQ part: https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously
Cuban

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:23:21 AM

ok, looks like the transaction will reach its destination eventually then. But seriously, a week? Had I know that I had to sweat for a week I wouldn't not have done the mixing.. Have anyone had any experience with blockchain.info's mixing service? Does it really take up to a week?

I sent 90 BTC using their Send Anonymously service. More than 1 day ago. Have not received even a satoshi.
I made an appeal using their HelpDesk system. No reply.
I sent a PM to piuk. No reply.
Waiting...
Cuban

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 12:35:03 PM

I got a reply. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122624.0
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 12:57:24 PM

Don't panic. It's going to be ok. But, your coins will be a little less anonymous since you made this post.

+1 you even posted the address  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:19:45 PM

I wouldn't not have done the mixing

So you would have?

J-Norm

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:10:38 PM

When I want to send anon I just create a new easywallet account, then send it to the final destination. It is all mixed up for free.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 09:55:53 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 10:06:17 PM by piuk

Some transactions have been delayed through the mixer recently due to distribution caused by someone trying to double spend and generally being a nuisance. I put some transactions on hold that I thought were related to the double spending addresses. Apologies to any legitimate users that had transactions delayed.

Modifications have been made to ensure that input transactions that take a long time to confirm do not cause problems for other transactions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: