Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 41005 times)
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:03:16 AM

If I'm honest I'm thinking the dollar will win, the bitcoin is a future currency but it can collapse for sure.
The dollar is already to big to get destroyed, also the banks will never let this gonna happen if you ask me.
yeah all could happen in bitcoin. bitcoin could just disappear and unused if the price dropped to $ 1. maybe
for the moment, I agree with you. the dollar is stronger. they have been very large. markets and users that covers the entire globe. bitcoin could not match it
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:07:23 AM

If I'm honest I'm thinking the dollar will win, the bitcoin is a future currency but it can collapse for sure.
The dollar is already to big to get destroyed, also the banks will never let this gonna happen if you ask me.
yeah all could happen in bitcoin. bitcoin could just disappear and unused if the price dropped to $ 1. maybe
for the moment, I agree with you. the dollar is stronger. they have been very large. markets and users that covers the entire globe. bitcoin could not match it

if thats really happend i will bought half of money i have for bitcoin .
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 01:23:30 PM

The dollar is a system specifically designed to rob its users.  This is a fundamental point a lot of you don't seem to follow.  

It's not about low fees or easy transfers.  Its about buying into systemic fraud or not.  

http://frass.woodcoin.org/funbux-per-joule/

Your post makes zero sense. The dollar is a means of exchange, it is not an asset.

People don't have many dollars and people don't hold dollars as an investment. Dollars is what things are priced in and they are a means of exchange. Graphing the value of a dollar against an asset or comparing it to an asset over time doesn't even make sense.

Examples:

I work 40 hours a week. Is that dollars? No, I get paid in dollars. The number of dollars I get paid over time increases or decreases depending on the value of what I can produce (supply, demand, etc.)

I own a house. Is that dollars? No, that is priced in dollars but it is not dollars. The price in dollars increases or decreases over time depending on supply, demand, etc.

I own stocks, bonds, clothes, computers, furniture. Are those dollars? No, those are priced in dollars. The value fluctuates over time.

How many actual dollars do I own? I own what is in my wallet. How does that compare to my net worth? It is basically nothing.

I have money deposited in a bank account. Is that dollars? Not really. Dollars don't pay an interest rate (granted, the bank doesn't pay much these days). And the dollars aren't even in the bank, they are loaned out to someone else. That is the way banks operate.

Many bitcoin people fail to understand that the dollar is not an asset. Dollars are designed to go down in value over time a bit (inflation) because otherwise people would simply hoard them and economic activity would be much lower than it would be otherwise. Look what happened in the 2008/2009 timeframe when we had deflation. The price of everything went down. People lost their jobs, etc. That is what happens in a deflationary scenario.

But the main point is this, the dollar is not a n investment. It is what things are priced in. People don't hold dollars as an investment. They use them to exchange one asset for another (or service, etc.)

Thanks for your reply.  What part of my post did you not understand?  I'm not sure how your accurate description of a dollar as something that rational players wouldn't want to hold on to is relevant to what I wrote.  It seems it is not in disagreement.  What am I missing?

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:35:30 PM

I think the bitcoin can win but it will take some time that is one thing that is true for sure, bitcoin has still a long journey if it want to competitive to the dollar itself.
In my opinion its possible but it will still be even possible after 10 years maybe.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:04:09 PM

I think the bitcoin can win but it will take some time that is one thing that is true for sure, bitcoin has still a long journey if it want to competitive to the dollar itself.
In my opinion its possible but it will still be even possible after 10 years maybe.

i agree. bitcoin is a great technology with a lot of good and useful features but unfortunately it is not yet ready for that mass adoption that we are all waiting for.
and example is the block size which is getting filled so fast leaving hundreds waiting for days.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:43:22 PM

That's true dollar is too big in compare to bitcoins, and cannot easily disappear in future, and dollar will take care of us physically, and bitcoin will help us digitally, both are good holding great future ahead.

The dollar is a world currency yes. So first bitcoin will have to take out alternatives like paypal. Then VISA/Mastercard.
And believe me that will not happen within 10 years. CC companies have a really big turn over.

Yeah, and it would be really difficult for bitcoin to replace other major payment systems, and people who are using to this methods will continue to use this, they will use bitcoins too, but as a secondary.
Both are very good to use. But people that use dollar dont like Bitcoin. And people that use Bitcoin dont like Dollar.
I hope that people that use Dollar are going to use Bitcoin in the future. That will be nice for Bitcoin in the future.
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:25:52 PM

Currently above the bitcoin price to exchange is just gold,as i know there isnt any investment worthing 400 dollars,soo currencies has a big difference compared to bitcoin,1 btc=400 dollars ,usually we see 1eur=0.9dolars.Soo any comparison between them will result into something unfair,as all know dollars is everywhere and bitcoin is starting to grow ,and isnt yet allowed to be a way to pay or to work with.
LeNakko

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:41:38 PM

I think it is too early to make prognoses if bitcoin can compete with dollar itself.
Dollar has gone through more than 150 years of usage, it had its ups and downs, and its widely used in these days world. As I can see dollar is becoming more and more popular. People dont hesitate to invest using dollar as their currency.

I cant really tell the same thing about bitcoins. Our conservative society is gingerly observing what is happening with this virtual currency. Its very Young. More time is needed till more and more people will trust bitcoins. For now, I can say, dollar is the one, that can be trusted, therefore bitcoins looks more perspective for the future.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:24:27 PM

I will put my vote on dollar looking at the years of its existence, dollar is widely used and accepted across the globe whatever country your travel you have option of usd and not same with bitcoins.
funkenstein
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 10:51:33 PM

I will put my vote on dollar looking at the years of its existence, dollar is widely used and accepted across the globe whatever country your travel you have option of usd and not same with bitcoins.

This must be a joke.  The dollar is not even the most commonly used fiat token (that would be the yuan), let alone "accepted in whatever country".  Sure, you can always negotiate to trade anything for anything else, but by that logic the bitcoin is already accepted "across the globe whatever country"  as well. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:58:59 AM

If i have to choose one of those two i would go always into bitcoin,dollar and others currencies had achieved full potencial ,bitcoin is starting to grow soo with the eyes of an investor i would say there is nothing better in return option ,over the next 5 years better then bitcoin.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:09:11 AM

I would say these two are worth each other. Each of them has certain advantages and disadvantages, and still dollar is much more recognisable and appreciated by people - because you can touch it, you do not need a computer to receive it and it is widely spread all over the world.

Yet, Bitcoin is a kind of reserve currency - you can always use it to decentralise your capital, it is quick to spend and receive, and it is hard to be deanonymized.

Yet, I am much into a traditional dollar - because this is a tool known by lots of people. Will Bitcoin reach the same level - time will show.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:17:18 PM

Come on guys, without dollar , bitcoin is useless.

Bitcoin will never succeed and win over dollar. Dollar is still the best currency "today".

Before bitcoin will surpass the power of dollar, I think it will need more than century. This is not a joke if you really know what I mean.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:21:44 PM

Bitcoin will never succeed and win over dollar. Dollar is still the best currency "today".

Before bitcoin will surpass the power of dollar, I think it will need more than century. This is not a joke if you really know what I mean.

I think its possible but the bitcoin first need to get a lot bigger, and I mean a lot bigger because other than that I see no option how it else gonna succeed.
Everyone can use the bitcoin and the most people nowadays do not want to be dependable of the government so I think ts possible.
chaser15
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:41:09 PM

I think its possible but the bitcoin first need to get a lot bigger, and I mean a lot bigger because other than that I see no option how it else gonna succeed.
Everyone can use the bitcoin and the most people nowadays do not want to be dependable of the government so I think ts possible.

You can just say that today because that's you feel but believe me it can surpass the power of dollar.

If bitcoin will reign over dollar, then why expects some good value of bitcoin in the future? Where in the heck it will get the power value of $10000000 if dollar became weak.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
ampere

Activity: 1246
Merit: 116

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

No mate its not possible, I don't think even bitcoin gets bigger it can replace dollar in future, majority of people are scared of online shopping and even they hesitate to use credit cards, they prefer their spending by fiat.

chaser15
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:09:09 PM

No mate its not possible, I don't think even bitcoin gets bigger it can replace dollar in future, majority of people are scared of online shopping and even they hesitate to use credit cards, they prefer their spending by fiat.

Where do you get that "scared" information?

See you are just only looking on the outside. You didn't stated some deep thoughts. That is general and obvious one. If you can share some deep analyzation why its possible for bitcoin to beat dollar then state here and let us discussed it.

Like I said century will count before bitcoin can surpass dollar but it's not sure.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
funkenstein
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 07:58:30 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 08:10:12 PM by funkenstein

Well your first statement is obviously false; any bitcoin transaction is proof of that.    

The second statement is perhaps slightly more interesting, though you forget to tell us the metric by which the federal reserve note falsely claimed to be a dollar is "best".

One reason it is "best"  might be because I can print as many of them as I like, issue them to my friends in arbitrary amounts, while you have to work for them - and there's no way you'll ever know how many I issued. 

Another is because wisdom, knowledge, and human progress are our enemies.  Therefore a pseudocurrency like the dollar is "best" because it helps destroy these things in the name of stupidity and fraud.  

The third statement is a bit silly.  Did you know a single bitcoin passed the power of a single dollar in 2011?  

ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:22:22 PM

I believe that this is getting out of control,we can compare them ,dollars is being used for several years and its printed money,bitcoin has less then 10 years and is being mined,soo besides this big difference between,bitcoin can be worth a lot in the future and well we may not need anymore to exchange our coins to fiat as the world should moove into crypto coins soon or later,i mean allow them as payment.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:07:10 AM

agree with you. bitcoin will not be useful if the dollar does not exist. unless bitcoin can stand alone. bitcoin would be against the dollar. for now the dollar is the winner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: