Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 41005 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:00:20 AM

The comparison between dollar and bitcoin is unfair and uncalled for in my opinion for dollar is a currency of most powerful country while bitcoin is controlled by none.Bitcoin doesn't exist physically byt dollar can be moved both digitally and physically

99 percent agree. It shouldve been Bitcoin and Dollar as a title. How can they both exist and help each other or used at the same time as a convenience for everyone. People are too pessimistic this days

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:48:04 AM

The comparison between dollar and bitcoin is unfair and uncalled for in my opinion for dollar is a currency of most powerful country while bitcoin is controlled by none.Bitcoin doesn't exist physically byt dollar can be moved both digitally and physically
Bitcoin may one day in the median in the median of this forum's lifetime do I see Bitcoin being at least an alternative to the dollar in most brick-and-motar stores and predominately used in  on the internet. there is too much power with the Us Dollar.

But really... think about it...
The dollar only has it's "power" from the U.S. government.  Think about what if the globe gets behind a certain currency for everyone to be on the same page with...

No single country can go against the entire plantet.  I would have to point out the similarity to the internet itself... no country could have it's own internet, so it has to join the rest of the "world wide web" instead.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:48:34 AM

99 percent agree. It shouldve been Bitcoin and Dollar as a title. How can they both exist and help each other or used at the same time as a convenience for everyone. People are too pessimistic this days

And no point to compete this two currency as bitcoin price are based on dollar. If dollar will be gone,same with other fiat currencies, all saved coins of others will be totally useless since no conversion will now be made because all people are now only using bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:53:02 AM

And no point to compete this two currency as bitcoin price are based on dollar. If dollar will be gone,same with other fiat currencies, all saved coins of others will be totally useless since no conversion will now be made because all people are now only using bitcoin.
good point sir bitcoin always rely with dollar price if there's no dollar we can't classify what the price of bitcoin in our own currency and if compete dollar as been mentioned is the most common currency in the whole word but bitcoin is not that popular yet so we need to work harder to introduce bitcoin and make it popular same with dollar instead of comparing it.
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:07:17 AM

good point sir bitcoin always rely with dollar price if there's no dollar we can't classify what the price of bitcoin in our own currency and if compete dollar as been mentioned is the most common currency in the whole word but bitcoin is not that popular yet so we need to work harder to introduce bitcoin and make it popular same with dollar instead of comparing it.

So why measure Bitcoin in dollars? Well, until such a time when I don't have to purchase bitcoins with Dollars what choice is there. Until my employer pays my wage in bitcoin and my landlord excepts it for rent, Bitcoin will be measured in Dollars.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:17:00 AM

So why measure Bitcoin in dollars? Well, until such a time when I don't have to purchase bitcoins with Dollars what choice is there. Until my employer pays my wage in bitcoin and my landlord excepts it for rent, Bitcoin will be measured in Dollars.
I think the reason bitcoin measure in dollar because, there is exchanger that trade bitcoin and dollar, after that dollar is most common currency that is well known by all countries
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:17:06 PM

yeah i think for now bitcoin not have great power to defeat the dollar.
Only now itself bitcoin might not have the power to defeat bitcoin. But the thing will get changed for sure in future. Bitcoin will get more power to overcome/replace dollars.

maybe for a few more decades until the user is more than 50% of the total world population. then bitcoin is ready to challenge the dollar
But I do not agree, that 50% of all the population needs to use bitcoin to defeat dollars. Because, all ready many people are not using fiats. They are using only virtual money in different formats.
Yes, in my view the defeat of  dollars has already started in the form of electronic money. Most of the people do not prefer to carry paper currencies. They prefer credit/debit cards.. This must be the end of dollars. Also, bitcoin will boost the defeat of dollars in greater force.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:25:53 PM

but we are seeing that bitcoin is going to hold more power than any other currency, it is true that bitcoin is a currency of a country but only a single country while bitcoin is a currency of the people of all over the world and people from all over the world are loving it and supporting with with full strength.
IluhaHA

Activity: 183
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:28:01 PM

to me the concrete value is in the fact that it is not easily tracked or taxed by any country.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:32:04 PM

Bitcoin is the best for me but we cannot change the fact that usd still there because this is our main currency.. and this is our physical money.. bitcoin is just ecoin or ecurrency which you can only use it for online purposes.. and there's no government to control bitcoin..
And bitcoin has a great price and year by year the price is increased..
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:03:45 PM

The dollar is a good currency and you can see that the bitcoin is getting more popular everyday.
Although the dollar is still much bigger and more popular, its also getting more digital so I think the bitcoin will never win from the dollar.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:21:53 AM

Dollar still be a winner. The dollar is used as the main currency in the world. the use of the dollar is very stable. almost all countries use the dollar today. I believe the dollar will still survive up to 100 years. and bitcoin will begin to undermine the strength of the dollar in the future.

Even bitcoin will be powerful in future but it can never take the place of dollar, and bitcoin will always be used as an secondary currency, the first choice would be only dollar.
I do not think so. I just think about the reciprocal of what you are saying. Bitcoin is going to be the primary mode of payment for all the people and dollars may sustain as a secondary currency in some part of the world.
You are right. When many people are using bitcoin there is no need of any secondary currency in my view also. So only very less amount of people who not aware of bitcoin will be then using still dollars at the time.
But time will make them into bitcoin adopters slowly.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:24:37 AM

The dollar is a good currency and you can see that the bitcoin is getting more popular everyday.
Although the dollar is still much bigger and more popular, its also getting more digital so I think the bitcoin will never win from the dollar.
The dollar is still much bigger? Seriously, there is no comparison when it comes to the market cap of both currencies and usage.

Bitcoin is not even a tiny dot if you place it into perspective.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
feinter

Activity: 469

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:33:56 AM

The dollar is still much bigger? Seriously, there is no comparison when it comes to the market cap of both currencies and usage.

Bitcoin is not even a tiny dot if you place it into perspective.

Comparison Bitcoin and Dollar is like comparison water and fire. Difference is that dollar is old.. everyone know that time is passing.. Time for dollar already come!
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:51:24 AM

Bitcoin is the best for me but we cannot change the fact that usd still there because this is our main currency.. and this is our physical money.. bitcoin is just ecoin or ecurrency which you can only use it for online purposes.. and there's no government to control bitcoin..

Both are easy to use. It depends on person which one they like. One like Bitcoin more and the other one like Dollar more. My opinion is that I like Bitcoin more. Not only Bitcoin, but I also like the online wallets. It so nice to work with it.
rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:19:11 AM

Dollar still be a winner. The dollar is used as the main currency in the world. the use of the dollar is very stable. almost all countries use the dollar today. I believe the dollar will still survive up to 100 years. and bitcoin will begin to undermine the strength of the dollar in the future.

Even bitcoin will be powerful in future but it can never take the place of dollar, and bitcoin will always be used as an secondary currency, the first choice would be only dollar.
I do not think so. I just think about the reciprocal of what you are saying. Bitcoin is going to be the primary mode of payment for all the people and dollars may sustain as a secondary currency in some part of the world.
You are right. When many people are using bitcoin there is no need of any secondary currency in my view also. So only very less amount of people who not aware of bitcoin will be then using still dollars at the time.
But time will make them into bitcoin adopters slowly.
As you can see you see that Bitcoin is getting more popular and that dollar is reducing in using and that is because the world is also getting more digital so that is nice.
But the bad thing of Bitcoin is that nobody will know what will happen with Bitcoin and that is the problem.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:27:06 AM

Believe me, if we want to see progress of bitcoin acceptance and growth government and its official financial branches will have to be involved.
For now we still can use bitcoin as somewhat grey area tool, we have no laws and regulations. With bitcoin growth it will change - BitLicense is approaching.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:34:29 AM

yeah if bitcoin continue to be popular does not necessarily they would be able to replace the dollar. the dollar is a national currency that was made of that country and made that country's currency. whereas bitcoin made by someone who does not know the origin of the intestine country? just imo
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:40:23 AM

Each currency has its own value. I believe dollar to be the strongest of all time compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency and it becomes the strongest when bitcoin gets direct access than getting calculated in accordance to dollars.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:18:07 PM

to me the concrete value is in the fact that it is not easily tracked or taxed by any country.

Huh  Dude, you're insane. 
Bitcoin is easily tracked by everyone, seeing as it' s a public coin. 

Nothing is "easily taxed".  Paper notes are currently what most people mean by paying "under the table", so if avoiding certain taxes is your concern - try those.  They are much more anonymous.  Of course, paper notes are all counterfeit and are constantly being printed out by various people (all in private; you will never know how much or when), and so-called bank accounts are all private as well and constantly being added to from nothing by various people, but I don't think you were referring to that kind of indirect tax.

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: