Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Pros/Cons vs NXT Pros/Cons?  (Read 1338 times)
box0214 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:39:31 PM

I haven't fully deep dived into Ethereum yet, but for those that have. What are some pros/cons of it? And how does it compare to NXT? Price isn't of a concern as they both are just platforms to build on. The real profit to be made is what's going to sit on top of these.

I know its still new, but what are some planned apps that are being made?

And I just saw this on the nxt forum about the upcoming release to have a 2FA feature.
-----------------

The features planned for the next hard fork are coin shuffling, account control for phased transactions (which makes an account only allowed to submit phased transactions, requiring the approval of one or more other accounts), and 2FA using hash chains (using one-time hashcodes to approve each account transaction).

This release will however be called 1.7, because in the meantime we are preparing another major release which must be numbered 1.6, upgrade to which will be optional and will not require a hard fork. The main features that will go into this 1.6 release are account ledger (you will finally be able to see the received dividend payments in the client), peer services (being able to fetch expired prunable data from peers that archive them), and asset deletion (which until the 1.7 hardfork will still use an asset transfer transaction internally, to be compatible with 1.5 nodes).
torontocoinexchange

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:55:21 AM

check out ethereum's reddit page if you want to find out about pros/cons.
box0214 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:03:22 AM

check out ethereum's reddit page if you want to find out about pros/cons.

umm that doesnt say anything. so you expect me to read every post on ethereum's reddit?
Canaanite

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:46:26 PM

I hold both... Nxt is very advanced technology wise - and in my opinion few steps ahead of any other altcoin in the market...
But it has one huge problem and thats the presale it had.
Most NXT (75% I think) is held by less than 100 addresses.
Although you dont care about price, it is an issue when you try to do publicity, pay developers and etc...

Ethereum Presale was much better, they raised few millions of dollars but its still not developed enough.
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:58:33 PM

I hold both... Nxt is very advanced technology wise - and in my opinion few steps ahead of any other altcoin in the market...
But it has one huge problem and thats the presale it had.
Most NXT (75% I think) is held by less than 100 addresses.
Although you dont care about price, it is an issue when you try to do publicity, pay developers and etc...

Ethereum Presale was much better, they raised few millions of dollars but its still not developed enough.
nxt market has saturated enough, and nxt has hit or will hit the price floor in the next couple of months, from there nxt can only go to the moon.
Most of the whales dumped their load already and from what I've heard nxt is more evenly distributed than bitcoin. I cannot pinpoint the source of that info though. Biggest whale holds 5% of the total supply, compared to Satoshi Nakamotos account which holds 9% of the total supply.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6346

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:42:11 PM

Technically, Ethereum's unique selling proposition is that they offer a "turing-complete smart contract language."

Now, it's not sure if a turing-complete programming language is really necessary for most smart contracts, or if existing smart contract systems (like Counterparty) or planned ones (like NXT's) can cover most smart contract necessities. A turing-complete smart contract language may even be risky from security's point of view.

NXT's pro is that it has allready more than a year of experience and that it is fully Proof of Stake and so it's theoretically a more efficient system (no energy/hashrate waste).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████