ALTCOIN ANDROID WALLET CREATION SERVICE
I am now (officially) offering my android wallet creation service to the public. The wallets I build are lightweight and based on Electrum. A local copy of the blockchain is not needed to perform send/receieve coins. Other android wallets need a local copy of the blockchain in order to work. Removing the need for the blockchain has several key benefits:
- Always On: The wallet is ready when you are. No need to wait for the blockchain to catch up.
- Improved Battery Life: Downloading and verifying the blockchain drains the battery life substantially, especially for coins that utilize complex algorithms like KGW/DGW. By not downloading the blockchain, we dodge this issue.
- Reduced Storage Needs: The entire wallet takes up 6MB of space. Other wallets can use a hundred times this amount, or more, depending on their blockchain size.
- Near Zero Data Usage: Cell phone data plans are expensive! Why waste your precious data downloading the blockchain? Data usage for this wallet is very low, measurable in the kilobyte range.
Other unique features include:
- Bitcoin/Litecoin Support: In addition to supporting your coin, all wallets built will also have bitcoin/litecoin support, providing greater utility for your users while also strengthing your brand.
- Ridiculously Secure: All keys are stored on, and never leave, your device. Your wallet can be encrypted with a password, to prevent malware and unauthorized users of your device (thieves!) from stealing your coins.
- Easy Backups: All of your private keys can be retrived from a simple 12 word mnemonic, similar to Electrum. So, even if you lose your device, you can easily retrieve your coins.
- Privacy: Transactions are broadcasted through an anonymization server, which hides your IP from prying eyes.
Other people are still offering android wallets based on Schildbach's old bitcoin mobile wallet (link
), or even worse, straight up compiling a QT client for android. I'd strongly recommend you stay away from these types of android wallets. They are very heavy, consume a lot of battery + data, lack advanced security features, and are not very aesthetically pleasing. I'm not just saying this to drum up sales; if you're in the market for an android wallet, find someone offering a lightweight one, even if it's not me. It truly is a superior solution.
I am asking 1 BTC for the creation of the Android wallet for your altcoin. This includes all necessary debugging, compatibility testing across multiple devices, and delivering the APK to you.
Since this is an electrum based wallet, it will require an electrum server customized for your altcoin in order to function. I can create and host an electrum server for your coin at a cost of 0.5 BTC per year. That works out to about €14 per month - a slight markup over my hosting cost of €10 per month.
So for the complete package, you're looking at a cost 1.5 BTC
Ordering can be done easily through the order form at http://dev.cryptolife.net/order/altcoin-android-wallet/
Alternatively, you can send me a PM, or contact me via email