Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Wallet Creation Service - Lightweight, Electrum Based Android Wallets  (Read 3569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:28:48 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 05:01:25 PM by Hazard

ALTCOIN ANDROID WALLET CREATION SERVICE

I am now (officially) offering my android wallet creation service to the public. The wallets I build are lightweight and based on Electrum. A local copy of the blockchain is not needed to perform send/receieve coins. Other android wallets need a local copy of the blockchain in order to work. Removing the need for the blockchain has several key benefits:

• Always On: The wallet is ready when you are. No need to wait for the blockchain to catch up.
  • Improved Battery Life: Downloading and verifying the blockchain drains the battery life substantially, especially for coins that utilize complex algorithms like KGW/DGW. By not downloading the blockchain, we dodge this issue.
  • Reduced Storage Needs: The entire wallet takes up 6MB of space. Other wallets can use a hundred times this amount, or more, depending on their blockchain size.
  • Near Zero Data Usage: Cell phone data plans are expensive! Why waste your precious data downloading the blockchain? Data usage for this wallet is very low, measurable in the kilobyte range.

Other unique features include:

• Bitcoin/Litecoin Support: In addition to supporting your coin, all wallets built will also have bitcoin/litecoin support, providing greater utility for your users while also strengthing your brand.
  • Ridiculously Secure: All keys are stored on, and never leave, your device. Your wallet can be encrypted with a password, to prevent malware and unauthorized users of your device (thieves!) from stealing your coins.
  • Easy Backups: All of your private keys can be retrived from a simple 12 word mnemonic, similar to Electrum. So, even if you lose your device, you can easily retrieve your coins.
  • Privacy: Transactions are broadcasted through an anonymization server, which hides your IP from prying eyes.

Other people are still offering android wallets based on Schildbach's old bitcoin mobile wallet (link), or even worse, straight up compiling a QT client for android. I'd strongly recommend you stay away from these types of android wallets. They are very heavy, consume a lot of battery + data, lack advanced security features, and are not very aesthetically pleasing. I'm not just saying this to drum up sales; if you're in the market for an android wallet, find someone offering a lightweight one, even if it's not me. It truly is a superior solution.

PRICING

I am asking 1 BTC for the creation of the Android wallet for your altcoin. This includes all necessary debugging, compatibility testing across multiple devices, and delivering the APK to you.

Since this is an electrum based wallet, it will require an electrum server customized for your altcoin in order to function. I can create and host an electrum server for your coin at a cost of 0.5 BTC per year. That works out to about €14 per month - a slight markup over my hosting cost of €10 per month.

So for the complete package, you're looking at a cost 1.5 BTC.

ORDERING

Ordering can be done easily through the order form at http://dev.cryptolife.net/order/altcoin-android-wallet/.

Alternatively, you can send me a PM, or contact me via email.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 02:23:13 AM

Cyber Monday (Tuesday) Special - 10% off for the next 24 hours with promo code CYBER.

Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:16:04 PM

You've copied the UI from Coinomi multi-wallet app. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet)

Here's their ANN thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713649

I think this is a major downside for not getting any traction.

Try making something on your own bud!

Good Luck.

P.S. Please don't dare to delete my comment in order to hide the actual truth.
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 03:49:06 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 08:19:41 PM by Hazard

There was no attempt was made to hide that, so calm down, detective: http://imgur.com/wrl25Qw

Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:42:17 PM

There was no attempt was made to hide that, so calm down, detective: http://imgur.com/wri25Qw

Now its okay for showing that you've forked it from Coinomi.

But would you care to tell me the difference between Coinomi and your CryptoLife Wallet?

In case anyone questions you: Why would I care to install 2 similar wallets when the former one already serves the purpose of a multi-coin wallet in a single app?
junbi39

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:00:36 PM

is your service also available for POS coins?
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 03:49:43 AM

There was no attempt was made to hide that, so calm down, detective: http://imgur.com/wri25Qw

Now its okay for showing that you've forked it from Coinomi.

But would you care to tell me the difference between Coinomi and your CryptoLife Wallet?

In case anyone questions you: Why would I care to install 2 similar wallets when the former one already serves the purpose of a multi-coin wallet in a single app?
Coinomi only supports 26 different coins... Out of the thousands that are out there.

is your service also available for POS coins?
Yes.

Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:13:07 PM

Bump

yocoin15

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:41:11 PM

We are looking for android and ios wallets.Kindly let me know how you can help us out in this regards.

gabenewell

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 09:43:30 AM

~10 mins work for 1.5 BTC for changing some variable really ?

or do you mean 0.15 BTC ?

You're right.I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a fuck.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:50:04 AM

~10 mins work for 1.5 BTC for changing some variable really ?

or do you mean 0.15 BTC ?

He have to earn some money with it, and there are not too much competence in android wallet development  area, i dont see no one in the altcoin market offering it for less than 1 btc.Hazard what kinda of server is needed to host an electrum server?
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:54:18 PM

Nothing absurd, your typical €9/mo server can run it without issue. Out of the box, electrum server only supports bitcoin and bitcoin-identical altcoins, so if your coin differs, it will have to be patched for compatibility. Of course there's the expected stuff like having to patch in different block hashing algorithms, but there's a lot of lesser known quirks that need to be accounted for. I've found most devs don't even know which of these quirks their coin has, so I usually have to go through manually and figure out what changes I'll need to make. Example: Transaction timestamps. Some coins have them, some coins don't. Of those that do have them, some use human readable timestamps, while some use epoch timestamps.

In some cases I'll even need to patch the daemon itself, as it doesn't support a particular RPC call that electrum requires.

Anyway, the other guys on here are charging between 1-2 BTC for the electrum server alone, so I'm not sure why I'm being attacked in particular. Roll Eyes

dobbscoin

Activity: 134

The End Times are Upon Us

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 10:43:58 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 02:47:50 PM by dobbscoin

So far ahmed has suggested that he was interested. We have an Official SMF forum for discussing it, and while we do love ahmed, I can't say I see any movement there on the topic. /me ribs ahmed =p  When the Bounty was only at 1 BTC +50k "BOB", ahmed did report to be working on forking http://www.github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet but stopped when he had an issue relating to our genesis block acceptance. The Bounty is for whomever completes a wallet worthy of the MEME.

REALLY want a fork off schildbach

Quote from: ahmed_
[16:35] <@ahmed_> schildbach's buggy as hell
[16:35] <@ahmed_> thats why i don't wanna do it

I don't really participate in the altcoin speculation craze, only trading a handful of coins back and forth in order to raise BTC Bounty funds when "BOB" bounties alone don't seem cut it. Wallet upgrades have, until now been enough to motivate SubGenius coders like earlz and shakezula. None the less, all are welcome to join us on our forum to work on this with the community.

Android wallet bounty still available?
Yes, but we don't want something that relys on a back end server, like Electrum.
It's got to stand alone on it's network.

Abracadabra
Hazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 12:55:34 AM

Bump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: