Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Morality of Bitcoin  (Read 3338 times)
LokeRundt

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:22:34 PM

This doesn't take into account those that like kinky role-play and are into rape-fetish.  If two adults are consenting to act out a scenario (no matter how twisted the depicted action is), how is that immoral?

As to the OP, no, i don't believe that bitcoin possesses any kind of morality, same as my computer.
A role play is a game. Whatever consenting adults do, it's not rape.
And I don't think BitCoin is immoral either. I don't think that not all tools are amoral however.

well shoot, I don't know what to not think now!

Hippy Anarchy
*shrug*
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 02:24:13 AM

What about a tool that only has an amoral use?

I assume you mean "immoral".  But, sure, just name one.
1.A nuclear warhead.
2.An AK-47.
3.A kit consisting of lube, condoms, face mask and rohypnol.
4.Thumbscrews.

1.: Mining.
2.: Home defense from attackers with similar weapons.
3.+4.: Kinky!

Moral uses for each of those tools.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:27:41 AM

Good. Then perhaps you'll be inoculated from parts of the black and white thinking that goes on these forums.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Anonymous

June 30, 2011, 07:31:21 AM

Good. Then perhaps you'll be inoculated from parts of the black and white thinking that goes on these forums.
Life and Death is a black and white matter. How a man sustains himself and lives is not something to be treaded upon.
smellyBobby

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:43:30 AM

Life and Death is a black and white matter. How a man sustains himself and lives is not something to be treaded upon.

How do you classify AIDs infected babies?

I need a job!!!!

Justice Dragons: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16351.msg267881#msg267881

Help me buy deodorant!!! 17bmVSoD8QNBLaPDRAXkFdapBPdgA72YjB
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 07:47:07 AM

How do you classify AIDs infected babies?

As a weak attempt to derail the thread?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
smellyBobby

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:51:17 AM

I am sincerely sorry if you felt that it was taking the thread in a wrong direction. I have re-posted the same question in a different thread.

Once again I did not mean to offend you.

I need a job!!!!

Justice Dragons: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16351.msg267881#msg267881

Help me buy deodorant!!! 17bmVSoD8QNBLaPDRAXkFdapBPdgA72YjB
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:15:23 PM

I am sincerely sorry if you felt that it was taking the thread in a wrong direction. I have re-posted the same question in a different thread.

Once again I did not mean to offend you.

Now you're showing that you're just weak in general.  Man up and justify your question.
sportadz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:19:07 AM

Bitcoin is an investment like any other - shares in companies, properties, government bonds, antiques etc. People invest in the hope that they will make gains - there is nothing immoral about that, it’s just human nature trying to make a better life for oneself for which financial security is one part.
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

A thing (like bitcoin) does not have an inherent morality. I guess one way to project a morality onto things would be to look at the human usage of bitcoin. In that case the morality is not less than that on any other cash currency.

I agree, there is only morality in thought of making one out if it. Bitcoin can be a tool of morality,
what and how people use it will allow anyone to distinguish whether it's right or wrong. Bitcoin
has no morality by nature, structure or design. Simply it's a tool, system, an innovation and a
good currency. It's lucrative and potentially profitable. With the potential it possess, it can
influence anyone and anything.
Betszkie12

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

Morality is in the coin holder. Bitcoins are like knives when used for good becomes good but when used for evil becomes an instrument of evil. For an act done, moral or immoral have to be blamed on to the person who did it. Bitcoin is really not something to be blamed for immoral acts. It does not act by itself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: