Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error loading blkindex.dat  (Read 696 times)
Interloper (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 08:37:44 PM

Can't open bitcoin because of this message. Do I have to do a clean install of bitcoin? Am reluctant to do so as have just spent a LONG time letting the blocks downoad, and I'd also lose my vast fortune of 0.0003 BTC  Grin
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:30:54 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 09:44:00 PM by DarkHyudrA

Execute this "%APPDATA%/BitCoin/"

When you get there, just remove all files that start with "blk", probably you will see 4 files.
Unfortunately, there's no other way to fix this, except copying those files from someone.

And no, you aren't going to lose your hard working BTC, cause this information is kept in wallet.dat

Best Regards,
DarkHyudrA

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
pfunk

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:59:15 PM

can anyone please help?!?!  I am also new to this site, dont even know how to create own post. The forum is allowing a reply here so I am having the same problem i get error loading blkindex.dat but when i try to type in %appdata% to find the .blk files it gives me nothing.   my wallet is stored in document in a folder labeled bitcoin if this helps at all.  can someone please help ive  spent days trying to figure this out.  how do i get to the "blk" files?
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 05:00:51 PM

The files aren't xxxx.blk, they are blkxxxx.dat(I don't remember the file extension)

%APPDATA% is only for Windows, idk what about the others OS. Undecided

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: