Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 2176 times)
CoinNation

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:48:55 AM

If there is no use of bitcoin, just as an investment, it might go to $1M, but it will go to 0 later.

If there is actual usage of bitcoin, like being as a currency, then $1M is possible, or even higher.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:06:26 AM

when the posts like this one start you know its time to get out of BTC (or at least this forum) for a while.    Dream on mon ami but try to stay a little bit real with your predictions, lets be happy if it stays above 300 and gradually and slowly grinds towards 400.
If we ever get to the point where 1BTC is worth close to even 1/20th of the number you picked you won't be selling for USD - there will be no need to - either the USD is worth a lot less, or BTC is in common use everywhere and why would you use a USD.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:43:20 AM

Such high price would be unsustainable. To keep BTC on that level we would need hundreds of millions USD worth new investments every day. Where we could find investors with that much money?
Asrael999

Activity: 703

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:49:45 AM

Such high price would be unsustainable. To keep BTC on that level we would need hundreds of millions USD worth new investments every day. Where we could find investors with that much money?
At that price level BTC has replaced FIAT or is used as the go-between in so many transactions that global commerce is continuously buying and selling BTC in such volumes that tens of billions of USD in value are held at any one time on a rolling basis.
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:00:39 AM

If dollar will be removed and replaced with bitcoin then yes.
But this is not going to happen as it can not replace a fiat currency.
For now i think it is not possible as it requires too much time and resources.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:10:36 AM

At that price level BTC has replaced FIAT or is used as the go-between in so many transactions that global commerce is continuously buying and selling BTC in such volumes that tens of billions of USD in value are held at any one time on a rolling basis.

That not going to happen. The big banks and their puppets (aka governments) would intervene a lot earlier, otherwise they would lose much of their power and income. They don't like things what they can't control, so they would surely outlaw btc and export some democracy (in 250 lbs packages) for all bitcoin users just to stop losses Smiley.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:37:06 AM

There is nothing we need to get the price of $1M per one bitcoin.
Only new investments are needed, when new money flow get in we can see prices go up to any limit. Market cap and comparison to any fiat are just numbers. Even if start  staoshi based or bits based trading then we can see huge price appreciations in short term.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:48:00 AM

There is nothing we need to get the price of $1M per one bitcoin.
Only new investments are needed, when new money flow get in we can see prices go up to any limit. Market cap and comparison to any fiat are just numbers. Even if start  staoshi based or bits based trading then we can see huge price appreciations in short term.

I think that time by time people are moving to bitcoin.
Because low fee and no 'bank' 'government' control and Tax avoidance.
New investments in bitcoin company will happen of course but the price can't reach 1M. 
happybitcoinph

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:49:47 AM

I can't see this will happen. It's impossible. It will make the market in chaos mode. Much better if bitcoin is just remain to what is today or preferrably up to $2000. Fantasy sometimes are not good.
Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:54:16 AM

Nothing is impossible yes it can. Grin Grin
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:00:20 PM

A definition of fiat called "M0" means all the paper bills and metal coins in the world. Together they add up to about 5 trillion dollars.

There are almost 15 million Bitcoins mined, so if Bitcoins were $1 million each then Bitcoin's marketcap would be $15 trillion, three times more than the value of all the paper money and coins that exist. IMO it's not likely to get that valuable because it would have to replace physical fiat in every country on the planet, and a large chunk of the digital fiat stored in bank accounts.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:02:45 PM

Probably. The question is, what will be $1.000.000 worth then? Maybe you can go and buy a coffee with a million.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:16:25 PM

I think global economy is more than 5 Trilions $....

That's just physical money in pockets. If we go electronic then we're talking real amounts...
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:20:58 PM

I think global economy is more than 5 Trilions $....

That's just physical money in pockets. If we go electronic then we're talking real amounts...

The statistic I've seem commonly thrown around is there is $241 trillion in combined wealth worldwide.

Also one thing people never consider is Bitcoin doesn't necessarily have to harvest a huge chunk of that wealth to grow, it is literally CREATING a new market of wealth on top of existing ones.
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:55:53 PM

Yes, but new market must be compared to the actual one. 210 Trilion / 21M BTC  = 10 Milion per BTC This is the value that can reach world-wide

Who knows but i also think that is still possible to reach $1 Million but if that is going to be happen in near future than i would have amazing life with on beautiful beaches with my private jet. Grin
LMGTFY

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:09:24 PM

Yes, but new market must be compared to the actual one. 210 Trilion / 21M BTC  = 10 Milion per BTC This is the value that can reach world-wide

The OTC market for derivatives (i.e. excluding derivatives traded on exchanges) was worth $700 trillion in 2011. Foreign exchange turns over $1800 trillion a year. I'm not sure what actual market you're comparing with, but I'm firmly on the it's-creating-a-new-market-and-we've-hardly-scratched-the-surface-of-what's-possible side of this discussion.

This space intentionally left blank.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:25:44 PM

From now to ten years, can BTC reach 1 Milion of dollars of value?

Interesting is the actual sub-bitcoin division:

that can be view in

0. 000 000 00

that is very similar to

0 000 000 , 00

Satoshi will become the new cents?

ATM, I think $10k would be the maximum price I can think of. Anything above that amount sound as a science fiction to me. Again, once there s a lot of media attention, it s easy to create a huge snowball.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: