Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Gaming Thread  (Read 1624 times)
Korbman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:56:52 PM

Sooo...

I play games from time to time. Recently Dishonored and Assassins Creed 3 come to mind. Any of you guys game out? Any specific games or consoles?

Oh, and I know Halo 4 just came out as well. I'm not much of a Halo kinda guy, but I've got a few of those Mountain Dew "Double XP" codes if anybody is into them...PM me and I'll send 'em your way.  Cheesy

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 09:58:16 PM

Xcom turned out to not be that bad for me, you get to perform autopsies on aliens and take their ph4t l3wt!111 :p
logansryche

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 10:43:25 PM

Just got done beating Borderlands 2 for the pc a few days ago, beat the expansion last night.
Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 10:50:16 PM

Nice! I heard good things about XCOM but haven't really put much thought into getting it.

Borderlands 2, however, is something I've been wanting to get for a while. But, it'll have to hold since BLOPS 2 is coming out next week and I've had a preorder for that since June haha

logansryche

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:07:03 PM

I'm waiting for bioshock infinate to be finaly released, I'm a steam punk nut. Gamestop has my preorder somewhere.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 11:13:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIWJlz6-Eg

FAPFAPPFAPFPAPFAPFPAFPAPFPAPFPAPFPAPFPAPFAPFAP

Yes, I have no shame when it comes to stuff like this Cheesy
logansryche

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:04:57 AM

Meh, MA3 was better IMO.
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:38:29 AM

I would like to play the new xcom but have logged many hours playing the older xcom games.  Its really cheap to buy all of them from steam, definitely a worthwhile investment if you like old-school.

You can also get them free but you should probably run them on a windows xp computer, setting up dosbox yourself tends to make the game touchy and I've never really been happy with the results.  (I'm even fairly competent with dosbox, or I used to be...)

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:07:17 AM

You can also get them free but you should probably run them on a windows xp computer, setting up dosbox yourself tends to make the game touchy and I've never really been happy with the results.  (I'm even fairly competent with dosbox, or I used to be...)

I actually create a Windows XP VM on my Windows 7 machine to run some of the older games I like..such as the original Red Alert '95 Wink

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:17:00 AM

Haha awesome!  I am old school.  I still dual and triple boot several systems.  Hoping to get away from this though, I just need to keep one xp license on a real machine around for running a cnc mill then it will be xp mode and vm's from now on!  I am starting to play eve you try that game out?  Its very complicated but pretty cool idea so far, I know if I get in a fight however I will die immediately and the game is very unforgiving--you die then your stuffs are gone!

logansryche

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:01:53 AM

That reminds me... I need to reinstall dbox
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:03:56 AM

It's a great piece of software.  What I find really cool is that you can move files from a windows machine to a linux machine (or the other way) and just run them.  really cool for old games when transferring save files, lol.

Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:09:57 PM

I am starting to play eve you try that game out?  Its very complicated but pretty cool idea so far, I know if I get in a fight however I will die immediately and the game is very unforgiving--you die then your stuffs are gone!

I have in the past, and it was very addicting. A friend of mine got me playing, and it helped the he had been in the game for years...he helped to get me some sweet ships and upgrades (and cash) right off the bat, which was cool.

Can't say I've played it since then. Allocating time for MMO games is virtually impossible when you have a full-time job after college haha..or at least for me Tongue

SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:16:52 PM

I was hooked on Skyrim a while back. I beat the game and I didn't even realize it.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
SaintDevil

Activity: 126

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:25:00 PM

Omg, games. If I just had more time to play all of them  Roll Eyes

• World of Warcraft
  • Diablo 3
  • Guild Wars 2
  • Eve Online
  • Minecraft
  • Battle Forge
  • Allods Online
  • League of Legends
  • Might and Magic Heroes VI

No scary games for me  Grin

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:26:18 AM

I'm a pretty heavy gamer myself. Not many old school ones, but I have respect for them.

• Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Psychonauts
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Trine
  • Portal
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Half Life 2
  • Garry's Mod
  • Mafia II (Got way into the game, and found out there's a glitch towards the end that doesn't allow you to progress.)
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Rochard
  • Home
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • Space Pirates and Zombies

I just realized I was prepared to list pretty much every game I own, which is around 88. Don't believe me? Just check my Steam account. I'm kind of an addict Tongue And I have ones that aren't on steam as well. But anyways, enough of my list. (For the record, that's basically the list of games I('ve) play(ed) actively (in the past))

SaintDevil

Activity: 126

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:15:03 AM

Are we talking about games we played or playing as of today?

I used to play a lot more when hanging out at a gaming club..and some good stuff like
Counter Strike, Half Life 2, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Duke Nuken, Hellgate London, Diablo 2, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit / Underground / Most Wanted, hm and more can't seem to remember them all.

But now I don't have anyone to play with  Undecided

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:18:54 AM

Half life 2!!!!  Love that game.  Makes me want to play the first one just for plot!

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:08:40 AM

• Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Psychonauts
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Trine
  • Portal
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Half Life 2
  • Garry's Mod
  • Mafia II (Got way into the game, and found out there's a glitch towards the end that doesn't allow you to progress.)
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Rochard
  • Home
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
Lol, easier just to quote/modify your list. Would add Dominions series from Illwinter, everything from Paradox (have played Crusader Kings 2 exclusively for a long time), Nethack, and Dwarf Fortress. Don't spend much time with games anymore, though... When I was very young, my Baptist preacher grandparents would let me play Homey the Clown. I'd never seen the skits and still haven't, but I loved the game. I played it a few years ago and wondered how it was possible I could've enjoyed it. They had a very strange choice of games to let us play when young, including Phantasmagoria. It's weird because these are the same people who insisted their daughters and granddaughters not wear shorts and refused to allow "bad music" to play. My grandma was the type to get out of the car at a gas station and lecture someone dare they use "bad" words.

Amnesia, though, has a special place in my heart. I've never been more terrified in my life than when trying to outwit and outrun something which never shows up on the screen, in that little flooded dungeon with the books. I would have to spend a minute to compose myself before chucking some gore into the water and flailing around, trying to get to the switch. When I finished the game, I watched a "Let's Play" of it, and was still terrified when that area came up.
Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:32:56 PM

I used to play a lot more when hanging out at a gaming club..and some good stuff like
Counter Strike, Half Life 2, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Duke Nuken, Hellgate London, Diablo 2, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit / Underground / Most Wanted, hm and more can't seem to remember them all.

Oh the good 'ol days. I used to be a beast in CS:Source and TF2 back in the day. I remember when Hellgate London came out during my freshman year in college and we had a Dorm party for it, with all of us on the same server.

I've actually gotten back into the Half Life series of late. Played through Black Mesa Source, Half Life 2, and working through all the episodes now Wink ..damn I can't wait until HL:3

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: