Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-11-06 Irdial.com The ECB report on Bitcoin: you can smell their fear.  (Read 1116 times)
World (OP)

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:07:00 PM

http://irdial.com/blogdial/?p=3420
the best part
The world is changing. Thanks to the internet, people are not only learning and sharing information as never before, but they are also using the same network to build tools that have never and could never exist before the internet. Adapt or die is the catchphrase that applies to both the ECB and the MPAA / RIAA. You must accept the new reality. It is not going away, and there is nothing you can do about this without destroying everything that is now dependent on the internet.

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:28:20 AM

Yeah, that's good stuff!  This part jumped out at me.  In response to the claim that Bitcoin is "unregulated":

Virtual currencies are tightly regulated, by the market, and the software that orders those markets. This is the only regulation that matters. A more accurate description would be extralegal, since there is no law governing Bitcoin or systems like it. Bitcoin is usable not by a ‘specific virtual community’ but by everyone everywhere.

That's a great point.  Bitcoin IS regulated.  It's just that Bitcoin's regulation is accomplished by open-source code and the consensus of those who use it.  In contrast, fiat regulation is accomplished by men with guns and the private machinations of a financial elite.  Consensus and transparency versus violence and secrecy.  Seems like a pretty clear choice, no?
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 01:36:47 AM

Yeah, that's good stuff!  This part jumped out at me.  In response to the claim that Bitcoin is "unregulated":

Virtual currencies are tightly regulated, by the market, and the software that orders those markets. This is the only regulation that matters. A more accurate description would be extralegal, since there is no law governing Bitcoin or systems like it. Bitcoin is usable not by a ‘specific virtual community’ but by everyone everywhere.

That's a great point.  Bitcoin IS regulated.  It's just that Bitcoin's regulation is accomplished by open-source code and the consensus of those who use it.  In contrast, fiat regulation is accomplished by men with guns and the private machinations of a financial elite.  Consensus and transparency versus violence and secrecy.  Seems like a pretty clear choice, no?

That's actually a really good point. It could be even argued Bitcoin is more strictly regulated than any other financial system since the rules that govern it are enforced through an algorithm and laws of math.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:26:20 AM

That's actually a really good point. It could be even argued Bitcoin is more strictly regulated than any other financial system since the rules that govern it are enforced through an algorithm and laws of math.

Quite, bitcoin is already strictly regulated, by the laws of mathematics ... what more could lawyers and judges add? (well besides the obvious political perversions of a perfectly fine piece of technology)

Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:58:23 PM

Given the choice between a currency backed by polically motivated human beings, or one backed by the immutable laws of math and the continued existence of globally connected digital network, I'd pick the latter.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 06:39:31 AM

There are some fantastic points made in this post.  I wish I had more time to read it in full when I first saw it posted last week.

When you think about it for a second, its clear that the idea of regulating Bitcoin is as stupid as the idea of regulating email.

And regulation of bitcoin would be just as effective as regulation on e-mail.

Oh, that's what was reiterated just a couple sentences later.

This post just nails it!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █