Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: underminer's video card raffle tickets. (?) Your input needed!  (Read 635 times)
underminer (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:38:58 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2012, 07:35:27 AM by underminer

Hello,

Just struck by an idea.  I'd love to try it out:

I will give a Radeon 6770 video card (pics to come tomorrow!) away to the winner of a raffle I hold myself!  As I'm sure you guys know, this isn't a particularly awesome card, but not terrible either.  This is a completely legitimate offer and wish to make everyone believe this is so in any way possible, for .5 coin you could get a halfway decent card!  Please fire away with suggestions or pipe in in the thread if you are interested!

Parameters: (So far, will update as they change)

-Buy in is .5 btc
-Set number of raffle tickets (20?)
-US bidders only, I will pay us flat rate shipping with tracking which should be about 1btc

More Facts

-I have no address listed to accept coins listed anywhere, *no one* can buy in yet!
-I have some positive transactions on this forum, please run a search if you are suspicious of me
-I am welcome to suggestions for transparency that do not involve releasing personal information
-I'd be happy to hire an impartial third party (from forums) to write out candidates on paper and draw from a hat!

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:56:52 AM

Hey underminer,

This would be a good match for the pick raffles we're testing now at taabl.net (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122329.0)

We're currently doing some tests for having a minimum number of tickets before a match can be found, auction style minimum price. The two things that might be somewhat tricky are the US only constraint, although if that is perfectly clear to anyone visiting the site it might work fine, and the fact that we do not offer an escrow service of any kind. As soon as there's a winner the coins are sent the seller's (you) way.

Just a thought, if you would like to talk more about this let us now.
underminer (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:11:28 PM

Well the price is right.  I'll enter that contest.  Not so sure how to play and your only comment on there is not exactly a glowing review.  It seems like I should start a new wallet just for this contest?

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:22:08 PM

Well the price is right.  I'll enter that contest.  Not so sure how to play and your only comment on there is not exactly a glowing review.  It seems like I should start a new wallet just for this contest?

What comment was that? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You don't need to start a new wallet, you need to have a proper wallet. It's the same as for Satoshi Dice and the like, where the prizes are sent to the same address that was used to send the funds in the first place. If you are using an online wallet you have no control over the sending address, and thus will not receive the feedback tx (or the prize if playing a proper bitpick) and, more importantly, don't have the privkey to sign a message proving you are the one that made the bet.

Please let us know how we can improve the description, as it looks like we did a bad job of it.

But back to my original intent, I was proposing that you have your own raffle pick for the video card, like the one we have open for the FPGA Miner. We currently take 1% of all bets on as fees.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 02:39:25 PM

-I'd be happy to hire an impartial third party (from forums) to write out candidates on paper and draw from a hat!

Relevant post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67937.msg805244#msg805244

Relevant link:
http://we.lovebitco.in/raffle.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: