Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comedy, Gangnam Style, and Neal Stephenson (With some Musical Herpes included)  (Read 728 times)
caffeinewriter (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

I just saw this, and I had to share it:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-gangnam-style-actually-study-in-mind-control/

Why is that so scary? And why is it such a given? Well, let's have a look at this recent tweet from poet and national treasure Sir Mix-A-Lot:

Now I know what you're thinking. This is just people dancing to a silly song. It's a fad, like the Macarena, or bicycling. There's no reason to think that we're doomed to a dystopic, imaginary-horsey future.

Which is what brings me to Snow Crash. For those of you unfamiliar with incredible books, Snow Crash is a novel by Neal Stephenson about sword fighting and hacking and pizza delivery. It refined the concept of cyberspace and massively multiplayer worlds, helped popularize the term "avatar" and, I may as well mention again, had just a ton of sword fighting in it. It's about the most fun you can have with a book that doesn't have a carved out space for a dildo, and if you haven't read it yet, you should go do that now. I'll wait.

The rest, you'll just have to read for yourself. Go do that now. I'll wait.

For those of you who haven't read Snow Crash and can't afford to drop the money on the book right now:

http://vis-ph.com/ebooks/S/Snow%20Crash%20-%20Stephenson_%20Neal.epub

But FYI, BUY THE DAMNED BOOK, AND SUPPORT THIS AMAZING AUTHOR.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

I think the conclusion is unavoidable: Psy (And boy, doesn't his name sound more ominous now?) is a linguistic hacker...

Portugal, my ass!  Grin
caffeinewriter (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:34:40 AM

I think the conclusion is unavoidable: Psy (And boy, doesn't his name sound more ominous now?) is a linguistic hacker...

Portugal, my ass!  Grin

I'm surprised Psy hasn't stumbled across this Psy related article Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: