Print  
Author Topic: CampBX  (Read 1855 times)
picobit (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:23:05 PM

I just noticed the CampBX exchange recently.

Whenever people discuss alternatives to MtGox, it is usually bitfloor (US) and bitstamp (Europe) that comes up.  Is there a reason CampBX is not recommended, or did I just miss it?  Does anyone has experience with CampBX?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 08:24:19 PM

I use them off and on now again.  They suffer from a very thin market depth, so it's hard to buy and sell on there.  They are actually pretty good and I like them, but their depth is just too thin.

I have never had any sort of problem with them, though.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:33:52 PM

Ditto.

Love CampBX.  They process deposits pretty quickly and efficiently.  Their support ( for a small shop) is helpful and responsive.  There was a time when they were regularly beating Mt. Gox Price and I bought a lot of coin.

If they had more depth I'd use them more as well.
picobit (OP)

Activity: 547

Decor in numeris

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:40:33 PM

Sounds good, I'll try them out, then.

Thanks!
coga

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 09:29:45 PM

I was looking to sign up a couple of times, and each time decided to maybe not.. Here: https://campbx.com/register.php

* CampBX accepts no responsibility for the accurate maintenance of the trading platform, information, calculation, or valuation. The Client bears the entire risk of loss, including, but not limited, for data, calculation, and valuation of Bitcoins and Bitcoin transactions.

* CampBX may, in its sole discretion, perform an analysis of any transactions that, in CampBX's sole discretion, raise suspicion about a single Client or group of Clients, or others, engaging in: ... blah-blah-blah ...

* As part of any investigation, CampBX may, in its sole discretion: ... Produce a list of all logs and/or IP addresses used by this account to a third party.

* The whole paragraph 11 about client obligations, too big to put here

* Client shall pay to CampBX any and all costs and/or expenses which CampBX suffers in connection with Client and/or Client's trades, and/or which arise in connection with this Agreement.

* Client shall comply with all applicable statutes, laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.

* Client uses the CampBX Trading Platform at Client's own risk.

What they essentially saying here is "we are not responsible for anything. if we don't like what you, we can take your money and go. we can share your transactions with 3rd party. we can sue you and you'll pay our attorneys"

Seriously... Those terms are super disturbing for me to accept.

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:31:07 PM

welcome to bitcoinlandia
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:43:06 PM

I was looking to sign up a couple of times, and each time decided to maybe not.. Here: https://campbx.com/register.php

What they essentially saying here is "we are not responsible for anything. if we don't like what you, we can take your money and go. we can share your transactions with 3rd party. we can sue you and you'll pay our attorneys"

Seriously... Those terms are super disturbing for me to accept.

And much of that is probably completely unenforceable in court.  Considering they are actually based in the US, at least you have a reasonable chance of taking them to court should try to actually enforce any of those terms (unlike many other exchange operators that are not based in the US).
coga

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 05:09:58 AM

And much of that is probably completely unenforceable in court.  Considering they are actually based in the US, at least you have a reasonable chance of taking them to court should try to actually enforce any of those terms (unlike many other exchange operators that are not based in the US).

Be as it may, the language leaves me with a strong desire to not get involved.

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:35:34 PM

How long do they usually take to do a deposit from dwolla?

Or what time of day. I see their page says they do it twice a day
"Dwolla deposits and withdrawals are processed several times per day."

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 02:26:01 AM

How long do they usually take to do a deposit from dwolla?

Or what time of day. I see their page says they do it twice a day
"Dwolla deposits and withdrawals are processed several times per day."

Dwolla withdrawals take less then 1/2 a day for me.  I have found good service from them and they seem to have the Dwolla thing figured out. 

While the trading depth is a little less, I just place sells at the mtgox price (which is often higher then the CampBX price) and wait.  It is usually filled within a few hours.  If you are buying CampBX is a good place to go as the price seems a little lower. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: