Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Full Nodes & DoS Attacks Increasing  (Read 411 times)
UfoRia (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:13:49 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 09:40:50 PM by UfoRia

I have been running a few full nodes on a few different computers and on Amazon AWS the last few months. Has anyone noticed an increase in DoS attacks on full nodes? I only noticed it because I was being nice and thought I would drop another in a subnet that my miners aren't on at home. I have a 75/25 link and after a few hours I was 100% saturated for thirty minutes. I am a network architect and noticed they were coming from hundreds of addresses and were using ntp reflection, snmp reflection attacks and syn flooding. Outside of the obvious asshat behavior that I expect from the internet in general since 1992, I was curious if anyone else has noticed an increase of this behavior?

I started looking at my other boxes that run full nodes on AWS and I see the same spikes from time to time in chart history. Is someone dumping peer lists and attacking them just to be an ass?

Anyhow, just thought I would ask since it pisses me off since I know the attacking computer is likely some poor drone in a botnet....

Ufo

edit: No donations, just observations please.

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: