Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:42:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese and german stock market down. Bitcoin up?  (Read 718 times)
LsHallo (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:35:56 PM

The german and chinese stock markets crashed. Is the bit oin price going up because of that happening? I'm unexperienced in stock markets and economics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 11:18:47 PM

The german and chinese stock markets crashed. Is the bit oin price going up because of that happening? I'm unexperienced in stock markets and economics.

Theres no one reason but that might be a factor. Others off the top of my head include countries devaluing their currencies, banks enforcing capital controls. Normal market forces of a disruptive new technology being adopted. Return to fair price after being oversold last year. Bitcoin supply due to be cut in half sometime later this year. ..
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:24:46 PM

Well, remember this?

It's happening again, and as it happens and again, the price will go higher as it gets more serious. It has been the first time inhistory that China had to stop the market to stop it from collapsing again after the 7% plunge. Anyone not seeing the necessity of Bitcoin is missing the point. The next 1-3 years are absolutely deciding. Everyone holding a decent amount of BTC are millionaires in the making.
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:39:35 AM

Theres no one reason but that might be a factor. Others off the top of my head include countries devaluing their currencies, banks enforcing capital controls. Normal market forces of a disruptive new technology being adopted. Return to fair price after being oversold last year. Bitcoin supply due to be cut in half sometime later this year. ..

Well, remember this?

It's happening again, and as it happens and again, the price will go higher as it gets more serious. It has been the first time inhistory that China had to stop the market to stop it from collapsing again after the 7% plunge. Anyone not seeing the necessity of Bitcoin is missing the point. The next 1-3 years are absolutely deciding. Everyone holding a decent amount of BTC are millionaires in the making.
Thank you for you standpoint. So it's possible but the bitcoin price is not related in any means to the important stock markets? I thought that it has an influence because china seems like a big player in bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:08:58 AM

Some people like to believe that, but I think every price increase currently is 90% block halving related. It's pure coincidence that the stock markets are going down while Bitcoin is going up. Bitcoin will continue to go up and the stock markers may fall deeper, which will lead to threads popping up saying Bitcoin goes up because everything else is crashing.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:58:41 AM

Thank you for you standpoint. So it's possible but the bitcoin price is not related in any means to the important stock markets? I thought that it has an influence because china seems like a big player in bitcoin.

Bitcoin is moved up or down, primarily through market interactions of Bitcoin Whales, who seem to primarily be operating behind the big Chinese exchanges. But market participants love a good 'Fundamental Story' to either justify market actions, or justify their investments.

As the news of the 2nd China 7% equity slide and the subsequent suspension of trading hit, the bots on the CNY exchanges went wild. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317888.msg13471784#msg13471784). On OkCoin, around 750K of BTC was passed around Whale accounts (i.e. Painting the Tape) within 2800 and 2830 CNY. This gives the market the illusion of incredible interest in BTC, coming from China, that just so happened to coincide with the Stock Market crash. The easiest (but somewhat misguided) conclusion to make here, is that Bitcoin's volume was going through the roof as a result of Chinese investors fleeing into the 'safety' of Bitcoin. As the Chinese Whales started to push Bitcoin beyond is range boundaries, the retail investor jumped in, and in CNY terms, took Bitcoin from 2830, to 3070 on the back of around 100K BTC voume on OKCoin Cash Market. So, we have a situation where almost 95% of 1st hour break out candle volume, was traded right at the base of the candle, with the remaining 5% being repsonible for the rest of the break out on OKCoin, with of course, the Western USD/Eur exchanges following suit as CNY spot rose.

In summation, a fundamental news event hit the headlines. At this very point, Chinese Whales started ramping volume on CNY exchanges, by simply front running the market and passing large bundles of BTC to and fro accounts that they control, in order to give the illusion of a great big surge in interest. Taking these factors into consideration. Joe Sixpack soon jumped on the 'bandwagon', and started buying up Bitcoin, albeit on rather anaemic volume compared with what went before.

Spend too long hanging around forums like this, and you are liable to develop some very false paradigms and end up believing in a lot of shit. But make no mistake, Bitcoin is one highly cornered, and manipulated market. 'Fundamentals' here, don't play a role in the market in an organic sense that everyone would like to think that they did, but more in the sense of stories being used to justify whale market engineering and encourage the public to jump on the wagon, whether that be buying expensive Bitcoin from whales, or selling cheap Bitcoin to whales.

If you want to look at the 'health' of the current organic BTC market, go look at the steadily declining volume on Stamp, or Finex. If they were in control, then BTC would surely be in for a big correction here. However, go and look the massively increased volume on the CNY exchanges. In contrary to the USD exchanges, these volume profiles are telling you that the current market price is more or less entirely valid, and that much more upside is the in the pipelines. Yes, it is true that most of that volume is FAKE (manufactured in the way I describe above, i.e. Pass the Parcel on 0% fees), but is also telling you the intentions of the whales who are controlling this market, and those intentions are Rocket 2 Da Moon! (and then dump shitloads of BTC before rocket runs out of fuel)

Who wins out here? The whale manipulators, or the organic market forces?

Bitcoin at this stage is nothing more than a penny stock, that may or may not turn into something viable somewhere down the line. But for now, it is simply a game of try to catch the momentum that the Market Makers inject into the asset, but just don't delude yourself into believing that any of this momentum has any solid fundamental justifications.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:41:25 PM

That might be one of the reasons why Bitcoin value is still emerging at the moment but it shouldn't be the only reason since market manipulation by the so called whale club is always there plus the increase in demand of Bitcoin from new comers are contributing as well and the hype of it has been well emerging one in the recent events.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:40:47 PM

I doubt that decline of the stock markets can be absolutely related to Bitcoin's rise.
Too many people, also market participants either don't know about Bitcoin or are afraid to buy and use it.
Therefore I think the last rise was just normal behaviour of our small market.
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:26:42 PM

So to sum you up it's not related to the stock markets in any way. Some of you are saying it's because of the stock markets and other don't. It's unrelated and independent? So it's excactly what bitcoin was created for. Independence.

PS: Sorry if i got this totally wrong i'm not into that as i already mentioned.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:31:06 PM

It's possible that this has a lot to do with how bitcoin rises in the market
But I don't think this is always the case
DrLove2048

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:52:59 PM

I think that is one of the smaller factors in the market. It moves a lot with news and there is probably a correlation, but not a 1 to 1 ratio

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:34:52 PM

I think that is one of the smaller factors in the market. It moves a lot with news and there is probably a correlation, but not a 1 to 1 ratio
That it's not 1 to 1 related to any existing stock market should be clear. Bitcoin has no stock market course. It's only kind of related. But news are always an important factor when it's about to go up or down.

Sorry if course is not the right word. I'm lacking of vocabulary for markets in english and in general.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: