Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Domains: BumBitcoin.com + BumBTC.com  (Read 342 times)
brotherbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

Domain Names: BumBitcoin.com and BumBTC.com
Start Bid: 0.2 BTC
Minimum Bid Increment: 0.05 BTC
Buy It Now: 4 BTC
Date Registered: 2014-10-23
Expiration Date: 2016-10-23
Registrar: Namecheap (free push to your Namecheap account)
Auction Ends: 72 hours after last bid
Escrow: buyer goes first or chooses the escrow service (as long as the service is reputable)

Namecheap account screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/n9fljt8pr/

Auction Rules:

1) Sold together as a set, I won't break them up for individual sale
2) Don't PM me, please post here instead, let's keep it transparent
3) I have the right to end or extend the auction if I don't get any offers

Reason For Selling:
Forgot I had them registered, don't need them anymore.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 07:07:32 PM

You think a domain that you forgot you registered can really command a starting bid of over $60 and a buy-it-now of over $1200?

They're not that good, to be honest.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
brotherbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 11:16:38 AM

You think a domain that you forgot you registered can really command a starting bid of over $60 and a buy-it-now of over $1200?

They're not that good, to be honest.

Thanks for the input friend, it's greatly appreciated Cheesy I guess a Newbie like me just doesn't understand how to sell domain names on these gersh dern interwebs.

But just imagine. What. You. Could do. With these 2 domains.  Sit back and let all the possibilities sink in. No. Wait. Let me tell you your future, friend of friends:

You purchase both domains from me and start work on bootstrapping a peer-to-peer lending site called "Bum Bitcoin". You hire your sister/wife as lead developer because she just got that prestigious web design degree from Devry. Within weeks, your userbase grows into the thousands. You're raking in a healthy income from your modest cut of the interest on each Bitcoin loan. Your business attracts the attention of angel investor Mark Adreessen, and he wants to give you $10 million in Bitcoin and his left kidney for 70% of the company.  But being the savvy businessman you are, you negotiate his cut down to 50%, both kidneys, and 1 night with your sister/wife.  She accepts on the condition that you promote her to Chief Technology Officer and start doing your own laundry.  Adreessen accepts, and his kidneys are delicious.

Now you're swimming in cash and Bitcoin.  You've never experienced wealth like this.  But your friends are alienated, and your trailer park family is asking you for more and more money.  You turn to your sister/wife for support, but she is pregnant with Adreessen's seed, and has reverted to using Netscape 7.0.  Unable to keep up with all the demands, you fly to Peru and embark on a DMT fueled vision quest.  After weeks of hallucinations of snakes, aliens, and Joe Rogan, it finally hits you:

Bum Bitcoin was never meant to be about other people. It was meant to be about you.

Still being a little high, you fly home and immediately liquidate your share of the Bum Bitcoin company.  You burn your cash, credit cards, and send all your bitcoins to a burner address.  With what little you have left, you buy a fanny pack, a stained pair of sweatpants, and get the Bitcoin logo tattooed across your forehead. You set out on your new transient lifestyle and hitchhike across the northern hemisphere, the newly reborn Bum of Bitcoin.

You do what you have to to get by.  Dumpster diving for breakfasts.  Handjobs behind gas stations for Dogecoin.  Things are looking bleak until your remember: you were smart enough to retain admin access to bumbitcoin.com.  Using a stolen laptop and your amazeballs PHP skillz, you setup a sweet Wordpress site chronicling your vagrant journey across the world.  It becomes an instant worldwide success. Katie Couric interviews you.  Taylor Swift wants to give you her virginity.   And bumbitcoin.com begins pulling in over $2 a day from Adsense.

Success is finally yours.  You have the alternative lifestyle you've wanted, and all the pop star poontang you could ever dream of.  You look back at your amazing life and realize that it started right here.  In this very thread.

Now friend, make a bid and fulfill your destiny!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: