Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Legal Advice  (Read 375 times)
Avatakva (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

Hello,

I am a dual degree law student. I am still a student in the US and I hold a degree from a law school located in Europe. I am working on thesis on bitcoin and cryptcurrency in general. I have full access to WestLaw and/or LexisNexis, and other European law realated programs. I can provide a legal advice or conduct legal research.

I would like to offer my service for free.

Why so?

1. I will, of course accept, a tip for a good job.
2. I need some real problems to get to know the legal aspects, as is always harder to think of hypotheticals.
3. Knowledge is more than money.

Ps. I accept any suggestion as what to do better, or what to read, how to help etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:40:37 PM

Hello,

I am a dual degree law student. I am still a student in the US
If you are not licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction of which you are giving legal advice regarding then you are probably not qualified to give such advice.
Avatakva (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:13:16 PM

Fair point. However, we are talking about legal advice, not advocating before court and as I have stated before it is mainly a free service. If you would want a professional accounting, legal advice or tax-related service, prepare to pay a lot.

I will do a simple math for you. Suppose you are in Miami. You want an attorney. You will get billed on hourly basis. Average fee per hour might be anything from 100-XXXX. Now suppose you take someone who works for 125. This person might not know much about bitcoin. every minute he spends researching he is billing you over 2 dollars. How does legal job works?

you spent at least 80% of your time doing research. It doesnt matter who does the research you are being billed as if the Attorney did it. 10% of the time the actual contract or memorandum is being written. The rest is proofreading. You will also pay all the costs such as WestLaw, LexisNexis, Court fees, travel expanses and so on.

So for a 5 hour lasting Job you pay 500 dollars just for research. You also pay 75 dollars just for someone who re-reads what other had written.

I believe you understand me. Sometimes the price matters.

I might not be licenced to practice law in US, but I dont want to do a some hard great cases. I want to do the simple things. If I will know I am unable to help I will say so.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:26:29 PM

I have a legal problem, and a bit complicated one, but it is in no way connected to bitcoin or crypto in general. If you want, i could send some
info via PM, if you are interested, or if you take on non crypto related cases.
You say you have some EU legal knowledge, so there's a chance this may work, and it would be good to know if you speak some languages other than english.
Avatakva (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:46:54 PM

PM have been sent.
bit3000

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Craig Wright is scammer.

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:56:03 PM

Hello,

If you are not licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction of which you are giving legal advice regarding then you are probably not qualified to give such advice.
He is giving a free advice!
It doesn't matter whether he is qualified or not.

Old Amazon Accounts.With 100-200$ Gift card loaded.
Escrowed.
abhishekthakur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:58:22 PM

I would like to know about european laws against bitcoin transactions.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:40:28 PM

Hello,

I am a dual degree law student. I am still a student in the US and I hold a degree from a law school located in Europe.
How did you get dual degrees if you're still a student .Also ,how did you manage to get a jurisdiction degree in Europe as your dealing with American constitution ? Quite confusing .However nice to have you around.If you can really help to practice the transfer of funds and legitimate ponzi thereby punishing the scammers we can have a nice time here . Grin
faygo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Quickseller Stop Sexting Me

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:38:25 PM

Hello,

it is free advice . People can ask for it or not. He is more qualified than most so he can be more helpful than not. You are a very negative person in every way. doot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: