Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:10:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message starting miner  (Read 1059 times)
seamusmcaffrey (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 03:28:27 PM

New bitcoin miner here, just testing things out with a slow computer to see how it all works before i invest in a real mining rig. Took a lot of trial and error but I finally got the server version of bitcoin seemingly working but now I can't get the miner program up and running. used the newslobster guide to set everything up so far.

Attempting to use m0mchil's GPU miner, most everything seems to be working but I must not be entering the parameters right in the cmd line or something because it's coming up with an error. if i try using -pass=yourpw, also, it rejects that as an input parameter. this is the error i'm getting now:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/errorbq.jpg/

i've been at it for like a day now, any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 04:01:37 PM

Syntax to start mining is
Code:
poclbm.exe --user=youruser --pass=yourpw --device=0
seamusmcaffrey (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 04:18:10 PM

yeah i've used that syntax before, but i'm still getting the internal error that you can see above the wrong password dialog, even after fixing the password problems.

also tried using diablominer and am getting the following error there, if anyone has more insight on that miner. doesn't matter to me which one i use, but can't seem to get anything working:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/error2a.jpg/
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 04:29:01 PM

You GPU doesn't support OpenCL.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

If you want to see if this works as a proof of concept, you could download Ufasoft miner and try mining with your CPU. Also look into pool mining.
seamusmcaffrey (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 04:32:17 PM

i wondered if that might be the problem.. thank you for clarifying. i was trying to set up pool mining. i'm sure it all works, i'm just kind of exploring this whole concept right now and want to see it- as a proof of concept, like you said. i'll see if i can get a CPU miner up and running then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: