Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The altcoins have started moving..  (Read 2586 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:14:05 PM

This entire run they haven't moved... any opinions on if this will do anything to the BTC price?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:22:28 PM

I feel that the alt coin's prices have dissociated from that of bitcoin. Alt-coins are mostly for "fun" only. Only bitcoin is getting more "serious".
CoinsCasa

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:28:23 PM

I feel that the alt coin's prices have dissociated from that of bitcoin. Alt-coins are mostly for "fun" only. Only bitcoin is getting more "serious".
Yep The only other coin that really ever got any attention was litecoin
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 10:31:20 PM

Yep The only other coin that really ever got any attention was litecoin

Lots of alts had their 15 min of fame.

Anyhow, shouldn't this thread be moved to altcoins board?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:04:54 PM

the answer is much simpler..

the exchanges that handle the hundreds of alts.. dont handle dollar..
the exchanges that handle dollar only handle a few alts. like litecoin.

any exception to this are exchanges where the volume has little impact on the entire pricing average.

so dont expect large movements due to alts, as the ripple in the pond effect doesnt spread that far without there being a big splash

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:17:47 AM

This entire run they haven't moved... any opinions on if this will do anything to the BTC price?

The usual cycle, first weak hands sell to get as much BTC as possible, then, when BTC price increases enough, alts start getting pumped cause ordinary people cannot afford BTC and buy the next best thing. Buy high volume alts, you ll profit on them within a year.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:30:46 AM

The usual cycle, first weak hands sell to get as much BTC as possible, then, when BTC price increases enough, alts start getting pumped cause ordinary people cannot afford BTC and buy the next best thing. Buy high volume alts, you ll profit on them within a year.

Agree, especially LTC and NMC have a good potential to make you 2 or 3 times your investment (look at historical graphs and you see some nice runs for both of them, usually together).

They can move much faster as well, due to the relatively lower volume and sell walls that are present on them.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:14:09 AM

Yup, this happened during the boom in 2013. Anyone else remember the $15+ Litecoins? hahaha

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:28:24 AM

Yup, this happened during the boom in 2013. Anyone else remember the $15+ Litecoins? hahaha

15+? 30+ you mean :p it skyrocketed after 15 indeed but it also managed to hold the low 20 range reasonably well after the pump to 50.

Even NMC hit 15 USD briefly at that time.

Those were the days! If stuff like that happens again, I'm a happy man with my improved ltc holdings since 2013.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 08:29:01 AM

Yes!...Today, many of the alts started moving because bitcoin's price increased causing the alts to become more valuable. In turn, the alts were accountable for much of the volume of bitcoin because people need bitcoin to purchase and trade the alts, thereby driving up the price of Bitcoin....smile....I love it!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:29:56 AM

Litecoin was more than $30 around that time.
If this thing repeats, and I believe it will, there is still much room for Litecoin too increase.
DoubleMyBitcoins

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:10:16 AM

yes I believe that one day nearly all alt coins (of today) will even be as high as bitcoin...
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:15:17 AM

Few coins have moved, litcoin, eth and dash looks like it is coming back but yeh not many have moved.

yes I believe that one day nearly all alt coins (of today) will even be as high as bitcoin...

Roll Eyes

Cheesy

What use is a signature?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:20:14 AM

Not even close. Only few, the most interesting/innovative and the ones with highest volume will survive. People do like diversity but 1000 clones of the same thing will not be able to coexist.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
eyeknock

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:32:32 AM

yep and this is not the first time that this happened, people should start to realize that this is the mission of the alts, bitcoin is the only one currency that's really matter yes? Tongue

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:56:28 PM

I was going to dump some litecoins I have earned these last days. From the posts here, seems like it would be a good strategy to hold them, right?

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:02:49 PM

I was going to dump some litecoins I have earned these last days. From the posts here, seems like it would be a good strategy to hold them, right?

They only went back to the level they were before bitcoin exploded. The ratio to btc is back to normal again. Couls remain stable, but i dont see a certain increase coming up.

And they have lost a percentage already, It's everybodies guess at this point.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:39:34 PM

I think it'll be an object lesson in people never learning. Barely a single alt has brought anything to the table since the last explosion but if there is another one we'll see endless posts about a goat herder in Tajikistan accepting Wankcoin and how this time it's different. As they collapse again it'll be whales holding the price down rather than no one giving a fuck. Still, there'll be profit to be made by someone somewhere but it would be nice to think people were a little wiser now. There's no shortage of precedents now.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:56:12 PM

Alts price will move also. In fiat they already move. Question is which alts will move most and first. Will be the same as in 2013 or will be the ones that are now most popular. 
I think the first, since new users that will join Crypto movement will first notice old coins that already made some marketing in past and have positions on many exchanges. 
Some altcoins that will be successful in future  with features that Bitcoin dont have and are bringing something new to the table will start growing n second wave, after new users will educated about crypto more.
CoinNation

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

Maybe we are in a bull market for all cryptocoin now. I see Ethereum, Dash and litecoin price rise. The price rise might last.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: